Skip to content

Hello All, New To Your Forum, Baby Bullie On The Way!

Comments

• Update: Week 12 has come and gone!

We continue to socialize Stoeger with as many humans and dogs as we can.

He wants to play with everyone!!! We are concentrating on calming him during these encounters.

New animal acquaintances include Fritz the Poodle, Casper the Lhasa Apso, Astro the 110lbs. Pit Bull and Bozo the Toad.

12 Weeks, 16lbs., nearly 12" at the withers...

We love our little man!!!
    008.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    012.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    019.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    024.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    027.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    033.JPG
    960 x 720 - 229K
    036.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 627K
    039.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    042.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    046.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    048.JPG
    1936 x 2581 - 1010K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Love that photo of him in the window. What a stud!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • He is so handsome!!!!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Looking for the bean bags to chew on.  Very nice photos of him.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Thanks guys, we always have our camera phones with us, so we put them to good use trying to capture Stoge's adventures and encounters.

The window, bean-bag and mole hunting pics are my fav of this bunch.

Sometimes his pics don't seem real, like the window pic. He looks like a knock-knack on a shelf to me in that pic.

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    The window frame picture is a classic! Definitely a contender for the 2014 calendar!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • How much is that doggie in the window?
    The one with the waggly tail?
  • As Phil would say... That's not a doggie, it's a Bullie in the window!!!

He's on sale today, only one millllion dollars ;)
    Cheap at the price! If I win the lotto, expect me at your dealership in the morning!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • He has been "working" with me at the lot and auction the past three days Phil.

Stoeger has adopted the desk next to mine as his work station and he is the first to alert me to a customer on the lot.

All you Bullie-Owners have no doubt had people refer to your pups as Chico, Spuds, Bullseye or Willie.

But today, a gentleman I sold an Acura RSX to referred to Stogie as Nipper. I don't know how familiar you guys are with the RCA dog but in the city where I sling metal he's a celebrity.

I sell used cars in the shadow of what might be the largest Bullie-Likeness known to the world. A giant 8,000lbs. Nipper adorns the roof an old RCA building in our city.

There is some debate as to Nipper's breed but to me, he is all early Hinks Bull & Terrier. 

The RCA pup even lived just prior to the turn of the century, the correct time period.

With a teething Bullie-Baby following me around the house occasionally nippin' at my heels leaves little doubt how the famous Bullie got his name.

002.JPG
    1200 x 1600 - 709K
    001.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    RCA_Nipper.jpg
    581 x 599 - 30K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I love the stage where one ear is up and the other is down, so cute! Makes me want to buy a car now! lol!
  • That's Nipper Steve!

Boyda, my customers are instantly put to ease when they see a puppy to play with.

The sale comes easily after they meet my little furry closer, haha!

Stoges_mom will be off to get more supplies today to tape his ears up for the one-hundredth time ;)
  • A little photo-update from Beef-Stoeger-Noff!!!

12 weeks, five days old.

Included are rare photos of him in the BED!

It was a cold morning that day... Stoge just like his Mom, is NOT a big fan of 30 degree September nights, ha!

001.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    002.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    003.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    007.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    007_zps08975e97.jpg
    600 x 800 - 56K
    008_zpscefd6db5.jpg
    600 x 800 - 51K
    Great photos of him. He looks so healthy and nice!!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks Steve, we're certainly putting in the effort.

I suspecting that we will see the results of a growth spurt when we weigh and measure him Thursday to get his 13 week numbers.

I'd love to know how he is stacking up compared to what were his BIGGER brothers & sisters...
    He could very well be surpassing them. I've been shocked by people that have sent me back photo updates of their puppies and knowing which ones were the runts I have been very surprised at seeing them bigger than the others.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    I have absolutely NO! idea why you love that little tike so much!
    :-))
  • He's super!!!!
  • That's good to hear Steve!

You know exactly why we love our little man Phil ;););)

Thanks Leslie!

We just ordered him a Darwin's Raw 10lbs. sampler. Opted for all "flavors" Beef, Chicken, Turkey & Duck.

I'm fairly certain he will eat any variety we put in front of him... He is not picky, even taste-tested a Toad numerous times before confirming that, yes, Toads taste awful, haha!

Has anyone tried the Green Tripe they offer???
  • Another weekly update for our little man...

13 Weeks, 12.5" at the withers, 18.4lbs. according to the vet's scale.

He got his Rabies shot during this vet visit. They gave him Benedryl prior to the injection and we did not have any swelling like we experienced with his last couple vaccines he received.

Also, some great news from the vet... His heart murmur has gone away on it's own!

We sent an update to his breeder and asked how he was doing size-wise compared to his litter-mates. He said, "Yes, he's catching up to his siblings! Nice!!! He is incredible!"

We've moved him to bone in chicken and started him on some Darwin's raw. First flavor? Turkey! Down the hatch like everything else we put in his bowl ;)

He's currently working on his "Down" & "Stay" to compliment his "Sit".

Couple weeks he will get his last shot. Then it's off to obedience school for little Stoge.

As you can see below "Stoge's ears are up. he's a Giants fan, he met two Yellow-Labs that broke out of jail, showers are a cool place to lay, he's been getting some tongue-wagging exercise and I need to cut the lawn.  
    003.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 877K
    007.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 692K
    010.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 777K
    011.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 726K
    012.JPG
    1280 x 960 - 544K
    014.JPG
    1280 x 960 - 794K
    015.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 992K
    017.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 943K
    018.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 962K
    022.JPG
    2328 x 1562 - 2M
    025.JPG
    1536 x 2048 - 962K
    026.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    031.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    032.JPG
    960 x 1280 - 759K
    033.JPG
    960 x 1280 - 793K
    034.JPG
    1280 x 960 - 512K
  • He is one handsome brindle boy!!! Im still even though bigger and more filling having thoughts of eating him up!!! :)
  • I'm burning the giants shirt though!!!! ;)
    Oh No! It's bad enough having my son-in-law as a Giants fan!  The (Royal Blue of) the jersey really suits him though. I love the one on the chair. And I love the other one of him on the chair.... He's obviously going to be an "executive"!
    <):)
  • He's quite the celeb at the office. We even bought him a nice memory foam bed for the sales office.

Leslie, I think we're about to burn that jersey especially after today's game!!!
  • I'm considering burning my Steelers jersey too :(
  • edited September 2013
    Yes, it's time for your weekly Stoeger update ;)

He has acquired a new nickname... I call him Stooge on occasion because he's quite the comedian.

Weight and height are up again! 14 weeks, 21lbs. 13 1/4" at the withers.

He met for a play date with his Rat Terrier girlfriend Tyler. He's caught up in size but she still runs circles around him. I swear he slept for two days after hanging out with her Sunday.

There are some pics of him "riding" with me to work... More like he was driving, haha, he doesn't make the drive easy!!! Just gotta be on my lap to stay warm.

He's eating well too... Darwin's Raw, Tuna Steaks, Chicken Gizzards, Soft Boiled Eggs, Bone In Chicken and let's not forget the homemade dog biscuits Stoges_mom baked up for him, he loves 'em!!!

001.JPG
    1754 x 1596 - 1M
    031.JPG
    1987 x 1320 - 945K
    032.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    017.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    009.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 3M
    018.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    019.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    020.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    022.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    024.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    Getting so big and looking so nice!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • This little guy has stolen my heart!! Even though he gives me a hard time, and I thinks that's because we are around each other 24/7, I still love him!! He is a cuddle bug wearing a gladiator suit! Haha! I could have never imagined how much better he could make our lives!!
  • Stoeger looks great.

Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Thanks! He gets his last shot oct 10th, then we will be headed to obedience school!! I'm super excited about this, I'm hoping he does well. I can already see staying being a problem as his vet tech said her bt also had problems with this!! It took her seven years to train her bt to stay for the three mins without going into the down position. Stoeger already sits and I say stay but he as well goes into down :-( I hope it doesn't take three years!!! lol
    I hope to be able to compete on obedience shows but I mainly want the training as a brain stimulant! I'm super excited!
    edited September 2013
    The only thing with obedience school I would mention.... As I'm sure you've found out Bullies are super excited about seeing new dogs.... and getting them to focus and pay attention to training is all part of the effort, BUT as long as the other dogs are intelligent enough to want to learn and focus themselves, terrific.... But if you end up in a class with hyper "problem" older dogs, (that should have been at school two years ago).. that keep yapping and snapping and persisting with distractive behaviour... you'll battle to get Stoger to focus at all.  I've see where 'trainers" are so looking for business or wanting to have large classes they throw all sorts of ages, types and levels of dogs together.
  • Thanks for the compliments guys!

You should have seen him last night after Stoges_mom gave him a bath... His little white face and paws were glowing!!!

But this morning he was out in the front lawn digging for the moles he can hear with those big ears... All dirty again...
  • More pictures. He's too adorable. Can't wait to hear your progress from obedience school. I can't express how much its helped but its made life easier for me and enjoyable for both Spud and I. We were able to gain a lot of trust that has led to long walks, hikes and good behavior especially with people mentioning it but this needs to be consistent.

Good stuff Stoeger!
  • Yea I'm excited for it, the trainer is extremely familiar with the breed and trained our vet techs show ebt!
  • I feel like eating those puppy cheeks!!! :o3
  • Stoeger is a growing boy!!
    He also is addicted to crack! Every crack he sees have to have his nose in it! Can we say crackhead???
    image.jpg
    1490 x 2237 - 2M
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    That's because something fell down the crack and he wants to analyze what it was! They are not sniffing Fabreeze down there... Our kids stiff and gnaw at the crack which is the joint between our outside walls and the patio floor... There's gotta be something that lived or died down there!
  • Lol I have no idea! I clean and clean the couches once a week so trees no crumbs or anything. Maybe I spilled coffee or something? Who knows!
  • Here are some pics of Stoeger in his 15th & 16th weeks.

Lounging on the bed, showing off his ear training, meeting a Blue-Pit friend, choppin' on a Lamb shank, snoozin' on the ottoman, guarding the kegs at Stoges_mom's birthday party and some alert/cute pics :)
    010.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    023.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    017.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 954K
    011.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 4M
    021.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    041.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    030.JPG
    1024 x 577 - 142K
    photo(3).JPG
    1298 x 2158 - 767K
    photo(1).JPG
    1534 x 2134 - 809K
    photo(2).JPG
    1536 x 2154 - 763K
    Great Pics!!!  He's looking excellent!
    :-bd
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks Steve, we're quite happy with his progress too!

For some reason his "guarding kegs" pic won't upload :(

030.JPG
    1024 x 577 - 142K
    030.JPG
    1024 x 577 - 142K
    030.JPG 142.2K
    030.JPG 142.2K
  • Who's the little blue pibble??? I think stoegster needs a friend...... he's getting so big!!!!
  • Thanks Leslie! We took the "Hay-Ride" pic on Thursday and the last four pics Sunday.

I think he had a growth-spurt in between... That should be a apparent when we weigh/measure him this Thursday for his 16 week update.

The owner of the Blue-Pit and Stoges_mom didn't exchange puppy names. Their conversation revolved around puppy diet and how stupid that guy from the peanut gallery was. The Pit was three months old and the owner had just picked him up from the breeder. Maybe he hadn't even named him yet?

He is the only puppy Stoge has met around the same size. Stoges_mom said the played so well.

Stogie gets his last booster this week. Hopefully we can make some new friends with similar sized pups and our little man can get some play-dates on!!
  • Look how big and handsome he got!!! How's he doing with the kids during the day?
  • Stoges_mom took today off from baby-sitting the boys (it's her birthday).

But last I knew he was doing great with the two young boys.

Only bad habit he's picking up is hanging out under the lunch table and hoovering up any tidbits that fall...

Not exactly a habit I want him to have, especially since he already eats like a KING!!!
  • Nice, give her a hb from Spud and I. Don't worry about the droppings but do correct him. Spud will chase any droppings and he's just turned 8 months. It's a work in progress.
  • Stoges_mom loves Hucklebutts and Bullie-Runs :)

Stoeger might like "droppings" more than Spud... He always seems to find the Rabbit droppings in our yard and tries to EAT them!!!

Oh... you meant table droppings :)
  • Hahah, both, we are housing my nieces cats and every morning during potty time he can smell it a mile away and will start to eat it. Luckily Spud doesn't try to chase them around but does always try to do the nasty with one.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY STOEGSTERS MOM!!!!!!!