Skip to content

Hello All, New To Your Forum, Baby Bullie On The Way!

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    So CUTE!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Hey! Expectant parents... Puppies are like kids... Grow out of things fast... So don't buy too much of things that are not going to last... I've already got a small crate in the garage that any new puppy owner is welcome to... It'll end up in your garage fast too.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks everyone!

Yeah, he's definitely eating well based on that milk-gut, haha!

We did buy (rent) a cheap, little $30 plastic crate from WalMart to help transport him back from Michigan.

Don't be surprised if that gets returned defective after our trip ;) I have enough useless junk in my garage already!!!

His stuff has been arriving daily by UPS. USPS & FedEx, it's like Christmas in July...

His metal crate has a divider so we can adjust it as he grows. Everything else that we ordered can't be out grown, so we should be good there... But thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming we appreciate every little bit and we're trying to absorb it all.
  • That pup wouldn't make the trip in the crate for long with me he would end up in my lap!!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • I promise you he will be in my lap too! But I figured the crate would be useful just in case! I'm so excited, the times almost here!!
  • Make sure to give us pictures or possibly videos of introducing him to his new home. When I let Spud in the house the first thing he did was soil our kitchen floor mats.
  • Hopefully Stogie doesn't make himself that immediately "at home"!!!

Haha!
  • Don't worry! Ill be taking a heap of pictures!
    Actually, we've been REALLY lucky... Since they came home at 8 weeks, until now at nearly 8 months, each of them has only ever had one dump in the house ( each in their crate, at night, when they couldn't hold it) ... That's pretty damn good for any dog breed!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    And please, no heaps of pictures of any " heaps"! :-bd
  • He is cute as a button.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Lol promise no pics of the heaps but do promise heaps of pictures! Haha
  • Yeah, I'm sure Stoges_mom will dust off her Nikon D90 SLR and take more pics than you Bullie-Lovers can handle ;)

• I am douting it I Love my bullie pics!!! If I ever get sick of looking at bt pics take me to the er.!!!!!!!
  • Congratulations!! he is a real darling baby! and I must agree on the brindle-deff a lil brindle boy <3
  • Ok Leslie, you will be tested with many pics!

Thanks Charity, we're so excited!!!
  • Congratulations!  He's adorable!!
  • He will be heading out tomorrow to pick up the new addition to our family, stoeger! It's going to be a long trip back and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to keep the babe occupied and calm on the LONG ride? We will be stopping often because I realize he will need bathroom time an play time. I'm sure it'll be a little stressful for him and I want it to be the best situation we can often! I can't imagine the feeling of being separated from the litter mates and mommy :( but I plan on a kong with yummy treats and a chew you.
    I guess I was looking to see if anyone else has any suggestions! Thanks!
    He is only 8 weeks ish right. We drove 700 miles with our 8 weekers... NC to FL. They slept most of the way. If you have a space in the back where you can flap the seat down etc get a bunch of blankets and one of you lie with him and make frequent stops to burn off energy and pitstop. Don't forget the pee pads!
  • Pee pads and blankets, check!

We were gonna roll out in my F-350 diesel but instead I'm gonna grab a Caddy Deville off my car lot for the trip.

It will be quieter for little Stogie, more room too. Not to mention the added comfort for us!

We grabbed him a Nyla-Bone, a small crate (if we even need it, lol), food & water bowl and little leash & collar.

It will be an adventure but I'm sure we will fair well. Thanks to the advice we found here.

Thank you so much everyone!!!
  • Fun times. I drove 2-3 hours to adopt Spud. I had my family with me and my nephew holding 10 week old Spud the whole time. The whole trip back we didn't need to take a break since he potties before we left but the whole time we were worried he would get sick or potty in the car.

When we got home I put him in his crate and in the living room then dropped some family members at their homes. I came back to my mom telling me Spud pooped in his crate - accident number 1! Good times but I will remember those more than anything.

Mike
    Hey! We are rooting for you Stoeger and Stoger-Mom, we can't wait for the big boy to be home so we can see pics and tell stories. You're about to gain the best gain a family can in life, better than Deville's and yachts and planes and,.... well you can take him on family vacations.
    :-((
  • Yeah, we're super excited Phil and Mike, we're looking forward to his first accident too, haha!!!

I think you folks are ready for some more pics...

Look at that tail waggin'!!!!!!!!!
    027.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 656K
    028.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 678K
    029.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 655K
    030.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 681K
    031.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 652K
    032.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 654K
    033.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 228K
    034.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 241K
    027.JPG 656.4K
    028.JPG 677.8K
    029.JPG 654.6K
    030.JPG 680.8K
    031.JPG 652.1K
    032.JPG 654.2K
    033.JPG 227.6K
    034.JPG 240.6K
  • Someone's ready. Update us when u can cuz Stogie is looking good.
  • Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss him for me with just a little squeeze!!!
  • We promised when we joined the forum to share all we can in return for the valuable info we gained from this forum.

So stay tuned for the updates!!!

Now I know you guys like mustard on your dogs but how about some Beef-Stoeger-Noff!?!?!?
    photo(2).JPG
    473 x 355 - 63K
  • If I can eat him up i will give it a try!!!!
  • I'm a beef-stoeger-noff junkie!!! 8-}
  • Are you guys still trying to eat the puppies??? LOL!!! I like the 4th picture. The way he's holding his head makes him look very noble and regal!!! Such a cutie!!!!
  • Their just sooo yummy!!!!!!!! :o3
  • @apollosmama noble and regal? lol he's using his fat belly as a 5th leg in that pic, haha!
  • I LOVE big fat bellies!!! ;) I actually didn't even notice that! I like how he has his head slightly up turned and his one leg is out. He's the runway model of puppies! Hahaha!!
    If you can't get that tail to stop wagging you'll have to post videos, I'm sorry. I think the last pic (of the group) is best, with that tummy and the look on that face... " I'm just so full of shit and you're gunna find out about that soon enough"... He's fabulous! You are going to have such an experience ... [dont worry, I put the relish and mustard away]
    Oh and the fifth leg is going to give you multiple types of challenges later too!
  • Proud new parents!! And we finally meet!
    Congratz!!!!!

Anxious to see some new Pictures!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Here are some pictures!
    image.jpg
    1936 x 2581 - 1M
    image.jpg
    1936 x 2581 - 1M
    image.jpg
    1200 x 747 - 312K
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    Very cute Brindle Bullie!!!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Oh shit! I promised to put the mustard away! But I think I am going to have a hard time controlling myself, that is some yummy looking hot dog... ( despite the fact that the family is trying really hard to conceal how happy they are with the new addition)!!! Congratulations.. Enjoy holding him in your arms like that... While you can, it won't be long before he's 60 lbs!
  • Lol Kevin (stoges dad) predicted you would have to get the mustard out! He is doing really well in the car so far. Although we are only two hours into the trip back. He's pretty much slept the whole way and he peed on the puppy pad on request.
  • Phil, BRING THE MUSTARD!! I'M GOING TO HELP YOU EAT THAT PUPPY!!!!
    Drive safe! Enjoy every minute!
  • To hell with that lets have a picnic stoges mom has got the dog I'll bring some salad Phils got the mustard !!!!!!
  • Thanks everybody!

So we decided to drive 12.5hrs straight back Chase. MI to Altamont, NY. Stoger was a good as we could have asked for on the trip.

He slept most of the way (in our laps as we shared the driving duties).

When put down on the floor atop the puppy pads he would pee.

Every time we stopped and let him out he would pee and go number 2!!!

He has taken a liking to the Victor Grain-Free kibble we bought for him and raw food-wise, he has tried banana and ground beef. Both of which went down the hatch followed by him licking his chops :)

We set up his crate with a towel. We put a little banana and kibble on the towel and he ventured in to dine but wouldn't settle down to nap. We showered him with praise despite not settling in.

I had a feeling the towel just wasn't comfy enough for him. I swapped it out for a plush blanket and he went right in on his own and curled up!

To keep him at ease I laid down next to the crate with my fingers through the wire petting him until he fell asleep.

He slept through the night until I woke up for a bathroom break of my own at 4am. I crept past him headed for the restroom as quiet as I could but he woke up.

Took him outside and he took care of business on both accounts.

We went back inside and I fixed him some kibble with a squirt of Grizzly Pollack Oil (eBay seller sent instead of the Salmon version I ordered). He dined and we went back outside where he dropped another little lawn present.

Back indoors he headed right for his crate, curled up in the blanket, I did the same on the kitchen floor next to him. While laying there, I cough and he let out his first "real" barks, three of 'em. I think he thought I was barking at something so he joined in, lol. He soon dozed off and I returned to my bed.

Three hours later, Stoges_mom woke up, not knowing the 4am goings-on, she took him out, more lawn presents and he came in and only ate a little kibble.

When I awoke, I put her at ease explaining our little boy ate earlier, hence no BIG appetite after what she thought was a full nights sleep.

I'm amazed at how well he has settled in and the potty training progress. Little Stoge has impressed the heck out of me, what a little treasure!!!

Nose hiding sleep pic attach, yup he's a Bully ;)
    017.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    044.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 4M
    047.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 3M
    049.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    053.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • Just super!!! What a good boy :O)
    Sounds like a huge love story in the making... I am sure you are already getting the feeling that having a Bullie in the family is not like having a pet, it's..... well, like having a Bullie in the family.!!!
  • Yes Leslie & Phil, he has heard "Good Boy" 100 times more than "No!!" and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIM!!!

I've warned him about trying to use that cute Bullie-Face on me when he's up to no good, it's enough to melt the most stone heart.