Skip to content

Hello All, New To Your Forum, Baby Bullie On The Way!

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Well, I am sure that Stoeger has found just about the best parents possible, and they'll keep right on top of all his needs 110%, that's obvious!!. Our kids were 10 and 12lbs respectively at 8 weeks... obviously I don't know what they weighed at 6.... but Stoeger gaining 2lbs a week is GREAT!  I guess all that beef-stoeger-noff is doing the trick.... I shudder to think of the end result of 6 week pups going to parents that are NOT in the loop and don't know how to compensate!..... Brrrrrr!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • We contemplated leaving him with the breeder till 8 weeks. But were informed that his remaining litter mates were leaving the day after the date we picked him up.

So there wasn't going to be much socialization that we felt would benefit him by leaving him there until 8 weeks.

I could be wrong but I think if we were a new owner that was gonna leave him in his crate for eight hours every day while we were at work... Then he would be at a super disadvantage coming home at 6 weeks. But that is not the case with us. Last night was the first time Stoeger was left alone at home (Stoges_mom & I went to the local fair for 4 hours). Before we left, I laid him down in his crate, asleep. We're fairly certain he slept the entire time we were gone.

Stoges_mom made sure he was tired out before leaving for the fair... He went to our friend's house and socialized him with their Terrier, Tyler, who despite the name is a female.

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Stoeger - You guys are doing AWESOME with him! He couldn't be in better hands and there's no question how cute of Bullie pup he is. Please don't think for a second that I feel You did anything wrong. As you mentioned, all the other pups were leaving so socializing with the siblings wasn't going to happen. You're fortunate because of the other dogs around you that he can socialize with. His siblings may not have the same fate. I look forward to all the photos of Stoeger and thoroughly enjoy the videos. You have yourself a great Bullie and he's being raised perfectly!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    edited August 2013
    Stoegers... While we are talking about finally getting out and about (know the feeling)... we got a couple of these wireless webcams and set them up next to their crates (or at the pool if they are playing unsupervised) and we can see and hear them on iPad and phone when we go out for a nibble or such.  They are pretty cheap these days. (Tell Tyler she better get some stones, won't be long before Stoeger's barrelling her off the porch!)...
    8-}
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • We are all here to help but most importantly you adopted him and have been great so far as owners. Anyways, Spud came to me at 11 lbs at 10 weeks. He's now a little below 40 at 6 1/2 months. His dad was only near 45-50 lbs. I'll let you guys know the next time I weigh him at 7 months.

I'd suggest doing everything Steve mentioned with the breeder just as a formality.
  • I agree that he should have stayed with his canine family until 8weeks, but we have him now and are facing the obstacles of bringing him home early such as teaching him how hard his bite is ect. I'm with him basically 24/7 and teach him what I can! At 8 wks he already pees and poos outside, can sit, jump, and come on command ( when he isn't distracted! Lol) I believe it has been slightly more challenging but I feel that he would he been sold regardless an I'm glad we are his human parents ya know? I will also tell you that if we plan to add another bully to our family we will find a breeder who keeps until 8 weeks. I feel those two weeks are very important in their puppily lives.
    I'm just happy that he hasn't met a stranger and loves people in general! He isn't picky about who he lets rub his big puppy belly! Haha! He ha gotten along well with the dogs he has encountered so far, after his shots I will enroll him in obedience and socialization classes.
    He was the smallest if the litter, all the others had him by pounds! But I loved him from the moment I saw that little bully face!
    I understand your frustration Steve with breeders allowing pups to leave early and I have to agree with you and Phil for the reasoning! I didn't really understand the importance until going through the 6-8 week with him . Now we know and won't go tht route again!
    The heart murmur thing sucks but the vet said it was very slight and nothing to worry about, but we will just check and see the status in two weeks.
    I want to thank everyone for all the comments and words, and trust me when I say I don't easily get offended so it is what it is! We are all just happy bull terrier owners who want the best for the best breed of dog!
  • Steve, I've told you before, we value your input and advice.

We know your goal is always the betterment of the breed and we respect that.

Phil, I knew you were a bit more overboard than us in regards to Bully-Care but Bully-Cams!?!?!!

We're gonna have to get some! What brand/model do you suggest? We both have iPhones...

BTW, guys... with a little Goggling I think I have discovered some of Stoeger's lineage!!! I'll be posting pics soon of who I found. It appears that his Grand Father was Championed and supposedly was the 7th internationally ranked EBT, whatever that means, lol.
  • I meant the same thing stoeger just said! I just suck with words! Lol @-)
    I know, I agree, I am a little too much in love with my babies... but I do want to go out (I'm not that old!) and I feel better if I can check on them... we live a bit in the sticks, and if we go down to my daughter's on a Sunday we are away 6 or 7 hours .... Also my new car has a wifi spot, so I can check on them even without cellular data charges ... Wah!   I'll send you a direct email with a link to the cams ...$70, not too terrible.  (hey, you can talk to him while you're out too)...
  • That would be awesome Phil, thank you! (My phone just buzzed with your email!!)

Attached are some pics of Stoge's Grandpa - Sinabar Party Like A Rockstar

7a1e1f_68d474c3040bd22d992f8e5b54255472.jpg_srz_260_420_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    260 x 420 - 40K
    7a1e1f_42549205c2824b8d627f5f026125266e.jpg_srz_360_250_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    360 x 250 - 59K
    547646_242510949196048_1402274719_n.jpg
    342 x 265 - 12K
    559629_203949599718850_882759248_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 82K
    @Stoges_mom,

You DO NOT suck with words.... you suck at video cameraman sometimes, that's true (me too), but you make up for that with being totally in love wiff DA BOY!
    Here's Marco & Isabella's Dad... and Mom
    Chopper 6 win (2).png
    626 x 307 - 554K
    Grace and Primo 3 sm.jpg
    805 x 1185 - 249K
  • Lol I didn't expect the video to pop up here or I woulda tried a little harder! I went to a friends house and we happen to be in an adult softball league and just made playoffs and we were sure if we had enough people! I thought I'd shoot a short vid to show stoges dad how he was playing with a bigger (as of now but not for long) female dog..... Now ill just hae to shoot block busters Everytime just in case! =))
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah, Stoges_mom's iPhone 4s doesn't shoot vid in HD, which sucks.

Here are some more pics of Stoger's sire when he was a little younger that I was able to find with my Google searching... Varkhond's Electric Spoon Man
    7a1e1f_2b7f2915ed3ab9d1270142e5e3a301f8.jpg_srz_175_245_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    175 x 245 - 11K
    7a1e1f_e0868af7ff35c13442801910078a82d7.png_srz_195_270_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz.png
    195 x 270 - 105K
    534267_203949489718861_263321644_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 72K
  • edited August 2013
    Your pups' parents are beautiful Phil! No wonder your boy and girl are such great lookers!!!
    That's so funny. Varkhond is Afrikaans for BullTerrier... ( South African)... Literally means PigDog. We owned Bullies there too.
    The one with the bow tie is priceless Stoeger's going to have a broad chest!
  • Thanks for that translation Phil!!!

I think you're right Phil, it will be interesting to see how he developes especially with the right diet, supplements, play and love.

I also found what appears to be Stoge's Uncle... He even has similar color and markings as our boy!

431041_173493642764446_690604092_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 80K
    430263_173492466097897_1796188613_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 184K
  • Here are some more of Stogie's Dad that I just came across.
    522367_242508292529647_820834953_n.jpg
    686 x 960 - 68K
    580130_242508235862986_707972871_n.jpg
    686 x 960 - 68K
  • edited August 2013
    And more, lol...

Grandpa, Dad & extended family from Dad's side of the fam, haha!

This is more fun than ancestry dot com!
    420762_173493629431114_1512832949_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 76K
    7a1e1f_f89b2ff820b309327c5f0baa35ebf1a2.jpg_srz_500_410_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    500 x 410 - 96K
    7a1e1f_40ff730f3371a5bac7ecd6006f41b51e.jpg_srz_650_191_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpg
    650 x 191 - 68K
  • Those pictures are awesome! Phil your fur babies parents are beautiful!
    When stoegers human dad showed me the stoges relatives it was crazy to me that you could totally see the similarities. With humans it seems so easy, but I've never really looked at a dogs relatives before and seen the resemblances. Some of the pictures I had to do a double look because I swore they were pictures of stoeger! Lol
    That family shot (with the dangly legs) is just priceless... what a great group of amazing creatures..... now I challenge any of us to go and find a human family shot where everyone is magnificent!
  • Problem is you can't get everone to look!!!!!
    20121007_124604.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
    Wow that's not a picture! that's a painting!  I hope you have a big one framed and put above the fireplace! Everyone and everything looks fab!
  • I hate pics of myself!!! I do have this one framed though.......
    20121007_124307(0).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
  • Those pictures are awesome Leslie!!
  • I have never taken a good picture in my life but my hubby, kid and Cleo sure do!!!!! Me and my Brutus well we will just take the pics!!! Thankyou stoges mom and Phil! ! :D
    edited August 2013
    Wow, stunning pictures Leslie! Looks like the perfect place to walk the Bullies. Makes the pond behind my house look like the ghetto.

Background.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    IMAG1100.jpg
    3264 x 1840 - 2M
    Kaos at Pond, Mar 2013 (24).JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 754K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Either you have a $1500 camera or you paid some pro to take those Leslie... That second photo should be on the front cover of Dog World with the caption "Who's the Best Dog (with kids too) on Earth!?"
    Steve you have the same lake as me outside my house... mine's just GREEN!
    LakeVista(s).jpg
    3729 x 948 - 3M
    edited August 2013
    Well it's no lake. Just a 2 acre pond on my neighbors property (38 acres). However, the Bullies love it.

I think I'll trade you for yours!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Great pics everyone! I wish we had a pond for Stoeger... The new across the street neighbors do... Gonna have to go make friends.

Stoeger is with me at work today so Stoges_mom can clean the house without this needy ball of fur, skin and bones under-foot and distracting with his cuteness ;)

We've already sold a car, Stoge took care of the hard part... Slept and looked cute while I handled the rest of the sale :) Luckily we have a park right across the street from my dealership.

I can take him over there, keep an eye on the lot and listen for the phone to ring over the PA while he does his business in the grass.

The mailman just stopped in with Stogie's NuVet product.

I immediately opened a bottle, grabbed a wafer and gave it to him. He dropped the pine cone he brough back from the park and chomped the supplement down like a treat.

What a good boy!
    006.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    008.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    007.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 5M
  • Those pics were taken at a park in a different county I love to kyak that river that runs through it and yes it is beautiful but sometimes theirs one to many people around for me and I have to worry about the dogs comming into contact with others and their dogs but that day I actually took my son their for his 3yr. Pictures and their was noone around exept at the end their were we ran into a man and his kids and that's who took that family pic. I'd rather be in your getto Steve with no worries!!! I took them on my GS3 phone sorry to disapoint Phil no pros and no 1500 $ camera just me and the fam and great outdoors:) I'm too cheap!!! Cleo would so win that title!!!! She comes by it naturally where brutus has learned it, she is absolutely wonderful with my now 4yr. Old and has always been since I got her and he was only 9months. She has never had a mean bone in her body and has always been as gentle as a lamb with him even as a puppy :)
    He's got his vitamins!!! =D>  Nice pics--> :-bd

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • He is just tooooo cute!!!
  • Yes he does and yes he is!

He gobbled it down like it was treat.

We're currently working on our second car sale of the day, they are on a test drive now.

We may have to use his cuteness to close this deal...
  • Had to bring out the highly paid closer but another car deal is sealed B-)
    001 (2).JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    edited August 2013
    Bet you he's your lucky charm... in that last picture, all he needs to do is give the customer that eyeball... and it's SIGNED!
    Steve, at least you can trust your lake for the boys to swim in!!, we don't let the kids get into ours more than their leg depth... because the lakes here in Florida are soooo stinky and unhealthy... That lake is part of the preserve, owned by the state.... and we are not even allowed to cut down the natural vegetation within 12ft of it... as you can see, we abide by that regulation
    :-L
  • We boat on the Hudson River and I can guarantee stoge won't ever go into that water! Too bad, but it's so gross! We don't have a pond or anything but we do have a friend who has beach rights on a beautiful lake pretty near by and I can't wait to get the pup out there and see how he likes the water!
  • It's been a while since you guys have had your over-dose of Stoeger... So here is a photo update!

He is doing great, 9 weeks old, 9lbs.

I have some more videos of him socializing with dogs and children, I'll post 'em soon.

He's an awesome pup, certainly some challenges but he's so worth it!

003.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    008.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    006.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    009.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    011.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    016.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • Phil get the mustard were going to NY!!!!!!!!!!!

• This second video goes out to Sonja & Brooklyn ;)

Stoeger was trying to nod off while riding shotgun home from the lot Saturday. But the uncomfortable seat & bumpy ride of the Jeep I chose to drive didn't allow it. My music choice my have inhibited his snoozing too, maybe, ha!

• I love the Beasty Boys!!!! \m/ Stoeger will probly get his revenge on you latter for that!!!!!
  • We were one minute from home when the song ended. Straight to the comfy couch he went!

I certainly wasn't trying to torture him ;) The earlier part of the ride he was on my lap but I was having trouble steering with him against the wheel. So to the passenger seat he went, safety first!

• It kind of looks like Stoeger left you a present as you were sleeping. It's not chocolate it's doo doo baby!
  • edited August 2013
    lol nah that is what's left of a Greenie.

The place I got the Grizzly Salmon Oil threw a couple in the box for free.

He's gnawed them down to green blobs...

This pup was pretty much potty-trained right out of the box. Two little pee-pee accidents occured when we were too stupid to understand that he wanted to go outside to whiz. Silly humans...
  • Going for a motorcycle ride today! Too bad I don't have one of these so Stoeger could ride too!
    image.jpg
    406 x 406 - 36K
  • That would be pretty cool! I wonder if they make side-cars for the Honda Rebel, ha!?!?!?

Stogie and I are just chillin' at home laughing at his new head-gear...
    1240510_661664763843958_2120118795_n.jpg
    960 x 681 - 69K
    edited August 2013
    And the ear training begins! Looking good!
    :-bd
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com