Skip to content

Absolutely Unbeleivable!!! Zerlett Kennels strikes again.

Comments

• She sickens me, very seldom am I lost for words .........I have none
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Wow! It's like one of those weird horror movies with a shocking ending that you see on TV.... Steve, if you are able to communicate with the Wrights, be sure to tell them that all of us here on the forum are relieved to hear that Claxxton found heaven before heaven.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Will do. I gave her the link to this page as well so if she clicks on it she'll be reading your words.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • It's sad to see these people not take responsibility. One of the things I was told by a trainer is that although I have my toys, i.e. cars, sports and Xbox I play that Spud only has me to entertain him.

It's made me sacrifice a lot for Spud that every time I think about doing something for even my pleasure I have to take that thought in mind and give Spud ample time in the day even if it means being tired or sleepy. And don't worry guys I still get time to do things I like such as running (long distance runner - which Spud will soon join but not the 40 miles a week I do), play hoops and when he sleeps is when I can play some video games.
  • It will all comeback on her & she will get what she deserves! "It's not just a Dog...It's a Bull Terrier!" Hey Danielle........"There Bull Terriers"...and your just a Dog(Bitch)!"
  • :O That's all I got. :O I AM OVER THE MOON THAT HE IS OUT OF HER HANDS! Wish we could get Gus too!
    I concur! Poor Gus, I guess he's living a life in a crate in the garage with her other bullies. He'll be chasing his tail 24/7 soon too.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Wew!  I finally got in!  Hello everyone. We are the new owners of Claxxton. 

• Welcome to the forum Diane. You don't know how relieved we are that Claxxton is in good hands now. Was wondering, if you went to Vegas to pick him up, did you get a glimpse of Gus or any of the other bullies this monster Danielle has?
  • Xtracho...Absolutely.  We played with Gus.  We also saw the female pup she is keeping from her litter.  A friend of hers in Vegas bought our female from our litter.  Danielle took her as stud fee.  I suspect they are co-owning that puppy.  Her friend Brandy Cody has possession of the female puppy.  Gus & the female newborn is kept in the house in seperate cages.  The other dogs are in cages in her garage.  There was a pen in the back yard where she had Claxxton when we took our female there.
  • In otherwords she's nothing more than a puppy mill. I'd love to get my hands on all those dogs and put her where she belongs.
    Danielle rents a place out there in Vegas and I don't even think she's allowed to have the dogs inside. The poor dogs must be sitting in the crates all day while she works her minimum wage job.
    I've told Danielle before she didn't have the environment, knowledge, experience, or finances to properly breed any type of dog. When she gave up her first female due to health issues that she couldn't pay for it should have been eye opener that she didn't need to have anything to do with breeding. That poor female BT that Danielle dropped off at a shelter ended up getting put down. Danielle has yet to even raise a dog to old age. She got rid of the 2 dogs she had a few years back (pitbulls), her 2 first BT's were euthanized before the age of 4. She sold Claxxton. I'm surprised she still has Ellie (the female with the severe underbite) that she breeds every opportunity she gets.

Diane - You don't know how happy I am that Claxxton is in your hands. I wish you took all her dogs away from her.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • What does this do to Juan's claim against Danielle? Will the AKC even continue to pursue this? Sure would like to hear from Juan on this.
  • Could we see some recent pics of Claxxton?? He was one of my favorites on here!!!!
  • Diane, you are a hero on the forum and champion to EBT' s everywhere!!!!
  • Here's a positive atleast she's selling them now instead of killing them >:P
  • Thanks apollosmama.  I will try to take some new pics today.  The ones I have are fuzzy.  Claxxton tells us he is very happy with us.  He now has Willie, our female Bully and Buster, our older male cho lab. 

• I'm so glad I didn't adopt one of the puppies that she had her own stud for here. She kept pushing on the quality and how she breed for health. It's tough enough trying to even have a BT I don't think people see how difficult breeding would be. People need to understand that they are messing with lives here.
  • Diane, I have known Claxxton since Danielle got him and he always had a broken tail. Here are pictures at 5 months not long after she got him clearly showing the tail was broken. As for the spinning, again he has always done that since I met him. Danielle told me he was spinning/chasing his tail when she got him from Juan. Did she tell you anything about him at all? I'm glad to see he is doing well with Willie and your Lab. He used to be best buds with Dozer too and then Claxxton decided one day he didn't like Dozer anymore so Danielle really never wanted them together much after that. I've known Claxxton since Danielle first got him, so if you have any questions about him feel free to ask me.
    claxxton.jpg
    960 x 640 - 163K
  • @Jess_Rozo I have a male that Used to spin it is trainable with some love and guidance to stop this, Please tell me your not sticking up for her!!!! Abuse, spinning, breeding inappropriately, putting dogs down for no other reason that she doesn't want to be bothered , stealing dogs the list goes on and on.....I'm appalled if your intensions above are to defend Danielle.
  • edited July 2013
    I am not defending what she did or didn't do. My comment was to Diana about Claxxton clarifying the injury and offering to help if she had any questions about him that Danielle didn't answer. Danielle has dug her own grave, and knows how I feel about all of this. I didn't start this and I want no part of it. I have nothing to do with any of it and only own Dozer, which I purchased from her way before any of this broke out. I fail to see how what I wrote above was defending her....
  • Claxxton is handsome....regardless of the tail issue. And you must understand our fervor when it comes to a dishonest, back biting, lying fraud like Danielle Charlet. It's one thing to be a slime....it's another thing to be a slime and act like you aren't. I could really care less if she gets hit by a bus to be honest. My sympathies are with the animals she mistreats and willingly kills when she can't or won't care for them.

I think it's time to crank up the heat a notch or two on her myself.
    edited July 2013
    @Jess_Rozo - As you may already know, tail chasing/spinning is an anxiety related disorder. Yes, the disorder itself can be a neurological issue brought on through genetics. However, Leslie is correct in stating this disorder is trainable and trainable to the point where the problem can be completely corrected. On the flip side, a dog that has this disorder that is poorly trained, lacks proper exercise, and isn't provided proper confinements will most definitely get worse in time with anxiety issues that lead to severely problematic spinning.
    A young puppy at 8-15 weeks old will rarely show any signs of an anxiety disorder what so ever. This problem initiates a little further down the line as an older puppy or young adult dog. Danielle owned Claxxton from an early age and could very well have corrected any anxiety issues that manifested by
    adjusting his lifestyle, spending more time with him, and training him.
    Here's some facts that we all can ponder on and provide our own opinions with:
    • Danielle has never raised a dog of any kind to old age. She has rehomed every dog she's owned.
    • Danielle's first BT ended up with aggression problems and other temperament and character issues while under her care. This was also a BT puppy that she received at a very young age. This poor guy was euthanized before he reached the age of 4.
    • Danielle has a track record of whelping small litters with genetic disorders. Her last litter she spoke about on this very Forum only had one surviving puppy which she falsely registered with the inappropriate sire.
    • Danielle's 2nd BT, a female, ended up with severe health issues in which Danielle couldn't afford (or didn't want) to provide the required medical attention. This was a female BT that she attempted to breed when she was barely 1 year old. Unfortunately this dog was euthanized also.

There's a lot of concerns in regard to the way she raises and breeds her dogs. I realize you are friends with Danielle and I know you advertise stud services for your dog Dozer on her website. Even the mother of your dog (Electra) was 14 months old when she was bred. That was probably her first heat cycle. I realize Dozer came from this litter and I'm glad things turned out well for him and any other puppy that may have lived. However, Electra was NOT old and mature enough to have been bred. Ask others and I promise they will concur.

The broken tail, spinning, and aggression problem he suddenly developed toward her other dogs may be what she tells everyone is the reasons why she sold Claxxton but her decision was rapid and immediate upon the discovery and unveiling of her dishonest appropriation of Claxxton. Prior to this acknowledgement she was supposedly in love with him and bragging about his show win even when she stacked her dogs for the win.

Trust me, I'm well aware of the rules and regulation for breeders in various states within the country and I know for fact the state Danielle lives in mandates individuals to have a breeders licenses to breed and those which possess a breeders license MUST show their dogs. They have no choice. This is where breeders from within these states find it appropriate to make a huge ordeal over those breeders in other states that don't make attending shows a major priority. Anyone that has familiarity with showing dogs understands my statement of stacking dogs in order to make a Major and gain "quick" points. Her only reason for showing is simply because she HAS to in order to retain her breeders license. Her dogs that lack the temperament to be shown due to her derelict of time and training have been either sold or euthanized.

Danielle has upset MANY people within the Bull Terrier community and her name has become known in all the wrong ways. Having your dog Dozer affiliated with her Kennel like it depicts on her website may not be in your best interest if your ethics and morals defer from Danielle's. 

You're right you didn't start this and nobody said you did. Danielle can only blame herself and hopefully come to the conclusion that her knowledge, ethics, morals, knowledge, experience, dedication, and financial stability is NOT in the good graces for any consideration to breed any type of dog.

I'm ecstatic that Diane has Claxxton now. I'm also deeply saddened that Juan Lopez was never compensated for providing Claxxton to Danielle. She could have at least given him the money she received for his resale that she got from Diane. However, it's clear that Danielle lacks the mental fortitude to do right to others when she can't even do right for her "beloved" Bullies.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • The tail chasing happened to Spud right when I got him. Since he's active at 4 months I haven't seen him do this. I did two 10 minute walks by two dog park visits yesterday totaling 2.5 hours - one in the morning and afternoon followed by agility training.

It's work but I need to do this now before I go back to work and trying to fit the in my schedule. Spud was in bed 2 hours after dinner at 7pm and slept like a baby until 6am today. I have a basketball game from 8-10 but I'll be taking Spud out shortly after to the park again followed by training. Hopefully he's the same today.

Mike
  • Wait, I'm confused.  Danielle has told us Dozer is hers.  When we were offered Claxxton we were shocked, and wondered why Claxxton?  She asks more for his stud service, and ranted on him more.  Now I know, she doesn't own Dozer. WOW!  That's an eye opener for us.  No, I have NO intentions for defending Danielle!  She was also dishones towards us over several things. The first being when she wanted access to our credit card when she could not afford $30 for advertising our litter when it was most crucial time to advertise.  When I recently questioned her about his tail, that was her opportunity to tell me he was a tail chaser.  Instead she 'tried' to go off on me for accusing her of being dishonest towards us when we went up to pick up Claxxton.  Thank you Steve for giving me some insight.  I was headed to the Vet Monday to get an exray of his tail to see if something happened to his tail and it was hurting him.  Because he is completely out of controll chasing it.  Now we realize it is something that needs to be addressed with training, or it may evolve to other personality issues.  We appeal to the entire forum.  Anyone that can give us guidance to breaking Claxxton of tail chasing will be greatly appreciated.

Jess, if I were you I would relieve Danielle of ANY contact or controll over Dozer.  She will also ruin him.  This black cloud she has created over her business as a breeder and herself WILL ruin Dozer's future in the bully world.  If you don't. then atlease ask for conferance calls, so you  know what she is telling people.   I just wish we had discovered her ways a long time ago.  I would have never done any business with her. 

Steve, has anyone researched to see if she actually has a breeders license.  If so, then your right.  All she talks about is showing Guss and our little female pup.  I wish I had just paid her, the she would have one less to destroy!

• edited July 2013
    Hi Diane, I'm glad you got a hold of Claxxton. D, as I like to call her, short for the devil, but anyways tried getting me to adopt a pup out here in San Francisco, CA. I'm so glad I didn't. I did go through a private couple, although no health guarantee it was affordable and both parents are healthy.

• Hi Soapskid.  Good for you.  :-*
  • Our main concern is the health & well being of any of our puppies from our first litter with Willie & Claxxton. We continue to try to keep in touch with all our new owners.  We are thrilled to feel that each puppy has been placed in loving homes.  (That is, except for the female that Danielle now seems to have some investment in.)  Then any 'issues' we may now have with Claxxton.  Honestly I think it is worse to realize Claxxton does not have a broken tail.  Now we need to address his tail chasing issue, because I can't live with it!  Poor little fellow, keeps falling over backwards from it.  He does it for hours on end.  I know now, it is probably because she keeps all dogs in seperate cages 24/7.

We are still waiting to see if this is going to have a negative impact on our getting papers on Claxxton.  Also, if there are any issues on the male pups he throws. 

Defend Danielle?  I'd like to strangle her!!!  We don't want this negative hanging over Claxxton.  We bought him first as a addition to our family, but also guaranteed we could use him as a stud and also show him.

• That's great. Do you live in Nevada where she is? I was looking at breeders out there since the ones in Northern California were non-existent. I'd like to give Spud a companion and was leaning towards a rescue BT or maybe a Jack Russel.
  • No, we live in Monterey County California.  We are NOT a breeder, although I understand Danielle is telling everyone she sold Claxxton to a breeder in Ca.  We have only had one litter with Willie, our female.  So, all this is new to us.  We did look into getting a Jack Russel several years ago.  They are awsome dogs.  Southern CA is your best bet for a reputable breeder for either a Jack Russel or a Bully. There are few people breeding in Central or Northern ca, and they are individuals.  There may be one breeder in Sacramento.  One individual in Bakersfield has Bull Terriers. 
  • Diane, do you have a clicker? I am fortunate enough to have 2 friends who are dog trainers. See if you can get Claxton to spin on demand. Just like a shake or a sit. It may be too late to get the spinning completely under control, but adding it to a training regiment might help. If he spins click, treat and then take his mind off of it by going for a walk or pulling out a toy. In the training book I read, there was a sheep dog that would constantly jump, high, on his owner. Some how they trained him with the clicker to only jump on command. Good luck!!!!
    @Jess, I have strong feelings for Danielle just like everyone else on here. Besides the treatment of her bullies, the fact she had the nerve to call BNC a puppy mill made me see red. It seems all she knows is how to blame others and insult anyone that doesn't agree with her. I'm sure you can see and understand why we get a little defensive. Even if there are people on here who didn't purchase their bullie from BNC, we are all loyal to a fault when it comes to Steve, Craig, their bullies and very valued opinions. :D
  • No worries, Diane. I've spoken to the one out of Sacramento and Bakersfield. There's no other BT's in my area but one at Spud's daycare named, Vanna, because she's all white. I hope to see another BT in the area since Spud hasn't met any since Vanna is there on different days.
  • Well, we are trying to make our contribution to the Bull Terriers in No. Ca.  :x I see we need to be a lot more careful.  Bull Terrier community has opened up a whole new world to us, and we are thrilled to now be a part of it.  I for one am very excited.  We have never heard of Vanna.  Gonna try to check them out. 
  • The problem with spinning on demand is that the spinning is actually an obsessive compulshion and should not be tolerated at all!! This is a very dangerous problem as I have been bite trying to stop it. My advise is to get yourself an air horn and a long lead. Never try to grab him by the collar to stop him. I have a nasty scare from doing that!!! As soon as he starts spinning blow the horn and redirect his energy. I would be willing to bet this was from being crated all the time in her garage:(
    I concur. I'll yell "No" if one of my dogs so much as looks at their tail. They're probably saying "Hey, I had an itch!" But I don't allow them to entertain the curiosity of thier tail.
    I've had two or three rescues that came here that were "spinners." The last one did it real bad and was a total distraction for many that had an interest in his adoption until they noticed his compulsive spinning. I was so lucky to find a person with familiarity in Bull Terriers that knew exactly what this rescue BT was going through. He spent a lot of time with him prior to adopting him and I'll never forget the day he was walking him all around my yard, stopping him, loving on him, talking to him, and then the dog started realy taking to him and listening. Once he seen that the dog started to become attentive he knew he could train him to quit the Spinning. He called about 2 months later saying Victor no longer spins and is the most awesome dog. Now I know he spent some serious time with him but it all goes to show that Victor's anxiety ceased when he became comfortable and the spinning became an act that he understood was not accepted by his owner.
    I think every BT owner will see their dog do a couple spins for their tail. Every dog with a tail will have a curious day of this. However, until someone see's a dog with a true spinning problem that won't understand how serious it can be. This behavior is not to be compared with Hucklebutting or playful silliness.
    Juan Lopez breeds very nice Bull Terriers and I don't believe his bloodlines possess the genetic problems associated with spinning. I'm very confident the undesirable habits that Claxxton may have stem from the confinement he was raised in with Danielle. I also think he can be easily trained to overcome this habit and become a great Bull Terrier with an ideal temperament and character.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Well, when you see Victor's dad, be kind enough to pass on my respect for his ability to understand, communicate and correct... very insightful of him. I think EBT's have a very special brain, unlike most dogs and much more special than humans... I'd say if we ever imagined what it would be like telepathically communicating with aliens, well Bullies would be the closest thing we get. 
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    Will do.

Some pics of Victor when I was fostering him:

003.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 562K
    008.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 741K
    020.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 645K
    003.JPG 562.2K
    008.JPG 741.3K
    020.JPG 645.1K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ok.  Courious minds gotta know.  What is the difference between Hucklebutting or playful silliness.  What Claxxton is doing is trying to catch his tail.  Mostly falls over from a sitting position.  He is not actually spinning. He constantly falls backwards on furniture.  We are trying to distract him with toys or loving.   I would love to meet Victor's Dad to see if he could help us.

I would love to hear from Juan Lopez.  I have friended him from your message.  He has not responded yet.  I even 'poked' him.  I have no desire to engage in the Danielle saga.  We want Claxxton paid for. 

• Victor looks like he was worth the hard work and love needed to break him of his spinning.

Nice work finding the right home for him Steve, I commend your efforts.

Hopefully, Diane has similar results with her boy Claxxton.
    Wow! Victors dad turned a win into a win-win!
    Isabella does that sometimes too, sitting, falls onto her side, tries to grab her tail... Almost 95% of the time in the kitchen, under our feet... She never does it outside, in her crate, in the living area... Every now and then she'll try a spin but only gets about 3/4 rotation before "NO" echoes in the house! And she stops, looks at you as if to say "what's your problem bro?", and gets on with something else. Our last girl Donna ( RIP @ 14) did the same until when she was about 2... Then she forgot it.
    Hucklebutting is when they get all excited and start running or jumping in a circle. They may even do several twirls in craziness and excitement. Tail chasing and spinning is something they will do literally trying to capture their tail in a constant tight circle. They can be seen doing it during any time day or night and even in their crate.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • You will know. Excitement won't involve chasing the tail but rather the tail wagging and them jumping in joy which can look like spinning. When a BT has his sights on his tail to chase you will see them stop everything they are doing and turn their head towards their tail with no reach. Then they start the spinning cycle.
    edited July 2013
    Hucklebutting is typically prefaced with the "praying" pose... Forearms flat on the ground, butt high in the air, butt swinging from side to side, head moving from side to side, low playful growl, grunt... Followed by a quick 180 degree turn ( where hardly anything touches the ground) ending up back in the praying position.... I don't think it's a problem if they only do it now and again... If all the time, I'd seek help, and the furniture repair man.
  • Hi diane just quickly breezed threw all the messages im so happy u have claxton and he will have a good home all I can say is what a bitch and she should be stopped from having any dogs and her kennels closed please give him big hugs and kisses x
  • Its to bad I can't post a video I have one of Brutus seeing red spinning. And one of cleo in her 5 min
    Of fame twirling and hoping like a top!!! Go on u tube and search both spinning and hucklebutt. I have also had Brutus litterally tip over my chair and a half huckelbutting :O
    edited July 2013
    @bigbear: Hi! Hope all is well... If you look in your inbox you will find 5 penalties for not posting any pictures of Sophie (orZeus) recently... Better attend to that.
  • I have a question, and it might be a dumb one, but I know no one will judge, LOL :D Are spinning and tail chasing one in the same?