Skip to content

My puppy roman

Comments

• Also should I add salmon oil or cod liver oil to my puppies diet would that be of benefit to a puppy and if so what dosage
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    The salmon oil is much better than the cod oil so if both are available I'd go with the salmon oil. I give my adult bullies 2 squirts of it once a day. He's still very young so there's no rush in getting him on omegas right now.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • The salmon oil is much better than the cod oil so if both are available I'd go with the salmon oil. I give my adult bullies 2 squirts of it once a day. He's still very young so there's no rush in getting him on omegas right now.

Should I just leave it then until a bit older was thinking maybe prevention was better than cure for cost and skin etc
  • * cost should say coat and skin typo on iPhone lol
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Roman, you can go back and edit your original post by holding your finger to the right of the "quote" word in the post and selecting "edit"
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Nice one didn't know that everyday is a school day lol
  • How many times a day does everyone feed there puppies at 3 month 6 month and then into adulthood
    At about 3 to 4 months they should be moving between 3 times a day to 2 times a day.... as soon as they start leaving some of the twice a day food behind, (normally around a year old) you can cut back to a smaller breakfast and larger dinner.... Some people only feed once a day but we don't like them going all day with nothing in their stomachs.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    @Roman - I would wait a little longer to start adding Salmon Oil to his diet. He'll do just fine with a well balanced diet. However, I would provide him a supplement that would help boost his immune system and keep it strong.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • @Roman - I would wait a little longer to start adding Salmon Oil to his diet. He'll do just fine with a well balanced diet. However, I would provide him a supplement that would help boost his immune system and keep it strong.

Ok will do what would you suggest as a supplement for puppies
  • At about 3 to 4 months they should be moving between 3 times a day to 2 times a day.... as soon as they start leaving some of the twice a day food behind, (normally around a year old) you can cut back to a smaller breakfast and larger dinner.... Some people only feed once a day but we don't like them going all day with nothing in their stomachs.

Ok mate I feed him 3 times a day just now and think I will keep him at that for a little while longer then probably just stick to 2 a day as I also feel 1 meal is to long a wait to eat again lol
    What do you find your adults eat a day weight of food etc
    edited March 2015

• Marco weighs 70lb now, he is 27 months. His sister weighs 65lb. They have a big concoction for dinner.  It varies a lot around their Kibble, a mix of Pure Vita and Orijen, (about a cup), a cup of Raw chicken or turkey, occasionally duck, (all mixed in with some origanum and Probiotics)  a cup of steamed veggies, or beans, sometimes brussels (they love them), raw egg... cooked chicken hearts, or livers, topped with a little kangaroo kibble and grizzly oil.  Like the movie... gone in 60 seconds.  And for breakfast they have 1/4 bowl of kibble with Greek yoghurt.

That all sounds lovely and tasty lol
    Just a raw egg a week or more plus do you give the shells also
    Marco weighs 70lb now, he is 27 months. His sister weighs 65lb. They
    have a big concoction for dinner.  It varies a lot around their Kibble, a
    mix of Pure Vita and Orijen, (about a cup), a cup of Raw chicken or
    turkey, occasionally duck, (all mixed in with some origanum, their
    coconut oil, ACV and Probiotics)  a cup of steamed veggies, or beans,
    sometimes brussels (they love them), raw egg... cooked chicken hearts,
    or livers, topped with a little kangaroo kibble and grizzly oil.  Like
    the movie... gone in 60 seconds.  And for breakfast they have 1/4 bowl
    of kibble with Greek yoghurt.imageimageimage
    Marco27Meating.jpg
    960 x 720 - 354K
    Issa27Meating.jpg
    960 x 720 - 372K
    GoneIn60Secs.jpg
    960 x 720 - 332K
  • Now you see it now you don't lol
  • What supplements would you all suggest for a growing puppy
    Basic Diet.jpg
    427 x 762 - 169K
    NuVet Plus Wafers.jpg
    222 x 269 - 9K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • We spoke regarding leaving the salmon oil omegas etc as he was young just as they grow so quick was thinking of supplementing his food etc
    edited March 2015
    The best supplements for new puppies are "Organic Love" ... you can't find them in a bottle you just have to make them yourself and shower them on your Bullie... I can't think of anything that works better... They just thrive and thrive with love..... And it only costs you an arm and a leg!
  • What everyone's thoughts about when puppy should be allowed up and down stairs
    As soon as he is adventurous enough to try it (with supervision).
  • As soon as he is adventurous enough to try it (with supervision).

Think he was born adventurous lol just used to big dogs trying to stop them going up and down stairs for hips etc
    edited March 2015
    I'm not trying to convince you that Bullies are invincible... But in my experience it's very unusual to see them NOT get up from something as if it never happened ... When you have a few and have them running , jumping, colliding together you hear crashing sounds that translate to " oh Golly ! That's the sound of the cash register at the vet, " , yet they get up and walk away from it.... I know I wouldn't be able get up from some of those collisions... Once I was hit by the "dog train" and ended up on my arse ... With a fractured tibia and $500 in doc fees later, they were still looking at me saying..." If you can't stand the heat, get out of the park, old man"
  • Haha I have had a lot of so called strong dogs but my are bullie puppies are tough also what in your opinion should you walk a youngster would you go with 5 mins walking time per month of age etc like 3 month old puppy 15 mins walk 2-3 times a day and so on ?
  • Woke up to a set of ears this morning lol happy days
    image.jpg
    1785 x 2047 - 549K
  • I've always fed puppy 4 times a day till 6 months if they didn't want that much then I'd cut it too 3 times a day but my greedy guts is more than happy to eat 4 times a day at 6 months ill cut to 2 times a day please remember he's not EBT but I fed sophie the same just gentle walks no excessive running my pup stays by me and only trots off a bit on his own unless with sophie but he's that bit older that I can let him have a little run but not alot .
  • My lad is still only 14 weeks roughly so just getting used to going for walks so just taking my time even though he has lots of energy I know to take it easy as all my other dogs were big mastiffs or rotties etc do I am used to taking it easy when there young
  • He looks really big for 14 weeks what made u get a bully I'd always wanted one but waited till my daughter was a age to be able to handle there robust nature lol .
  • He is a big boy all my dogs usually end up that way its hard work but lol I also always wanted a bullie but timing etc wasn't ever right for one reason or another my parents always had Staffordshire bull terrier but when I got my own house I went with rotties for a while but when they sadly passed and I was looking for a new dog the rotties that were getting bred weren't the biggest looking so I moved on to bullmastiff and when my last one past it was bullie time lol
  • Bully time indeed sorry about the loss of your other dogs so hard you will have tons of fun he is super sophie says hi while she's having a lazy moment lol :)image
    20150317_144304.jpg
    4128 x 2322 - 2M
  • Ha there almost human lol
  • I'd love to know what they would say if they could speak lol .
  • HAHA, that picture is awesome.
  • I'd love to know what they would say if they could speak lol .

Mine would probably say feed me
  • Thank u Alexa she thinks she's the queen lol . I think sophie would say I'm just not listening to a word u say I have my stubborn head on .
  • Thank u Alexa she thinks she's the queen lol . I think sophie would say I'm just not listening to a word u say I have my stubborn head on .

So they all as stubborn as my boy then not daft just doesnt seem to want to learn lol
  • I've come to realise that if sophie was a human she would never find a man as she wants it her way or no way point blank lmao .
  • Best just to go with it then lol
  • Lol no way no matter how stubborn she is I never let her win .god what a life I'd have if I did it might take 10 to 20 times for one command but she gives in in the end lol .
  • What is everyone's thoughts to help with puppy immune system, coat etc grizzly salmon oil or coconut oil and can I use both at same time ?
  • You can use both I do my dogs live in a coconut oil can be rubbed into skin alot of members use nuvet which is meant to be fantastic but I'm in the uk so a bit of a pain in the butt to get it to here .
  • You can use both I do my dogs live in a coconut oil can be rubbed into skin alot of members use nuvet which is meant to be fantastic but I'm in the uk so a bit of a pain in the butt to get it to here .

Yeah I'm also in uk so think I will add salmon oil and coconut oil to his meals and give him a rub down twice a week or so ?
    @Roman That's about perfect!
  • edited March 2015
    @philsergeant cheers mate skin is a bit pink in all usual places since he is mostly white but a little thin on his back and chest but could be since he is growing ? But I will add both to his meals anyway as can't do any harm and should help in the long run as he still eats 3 times a day just now should I only add the coconut oil and salmon oil to one meal
  • I don't add it to his meals both at the same time he has salmon oil in the morning and coconut oil in the evening .
  • Ok maybe I will split it up between his meals then is it normal or to be expected to see pink through some areas of his coat or I'm I just being paranoid and over protective lol
  • When sophie was young she was pink I think it's just the pigmentation of the skin as they r so white my staff was white and he was the same as a pup other people might say different there skin is a lot more sensitive that's why so many white dogs have skin problems . Sophie chillingimage
    20150328_181542.jpg
    4128 x 2322 - 2M
  • Ha she's so happy looking what would u suggest for overall skin health etc just as I said the grizzly with coconut oil etc
  • I think u r doing the same as me as long as u have them on a grain free food the grizzly oil raw coconut oil I bath them in lavender dog shampoo which acts as a cooling shampoo if the is any irritation and for itching denes sulphur drops all natural good for hair loss and itching too I'm dreading the summer as our white dogs hate it factor 50 sun cream all over most important nose ears tummy and always have a paddling pool for them lol they love it . the salt water from the beach always does sophies paws good but has to be completely washed when I get her home .