Skip to content

All black BTs?

13»

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Chunky Bullie. I see a little white one peeking up at him hiding behind the tree.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I recently was blessed with a solid black/brindle- no white markings at all. His name is bruiser for now! I just love him!image
    20141008_173328[1].jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 529K
    Very rare color indeed! I love those Black Brindle Solids.

@1Bully2Love - I see a lot of brindle on his legs but no white like you said. However, I'm confident that chest of his is white. ;)   If it isn't he'll be the first Bull Terrier I've seen without any white at all.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited October 2014
    More pictures, please.  :)  What color were his parents? 
  • @BulliesofNC..No he has no white at all. He is a SOLID black/brindle. Not even on his paws. His his parents are pictured in my rofile pic. the brinsle/white is Josephine (his mother) and papa Brutus is the red fawn and white. image
    20141008_173347[1].jpg
    2048 x 1152 - 497K
  • @exiled. I will have to get better pics of him. They were just whelped this past sunday on Oct. 5th and momma is still high anexity over me picking them up. Promise I will get you some more pics.
    Can't wait to see more photos! I want to see a photo of his chest!

Mako Puppy - 01.jpg
    600 x 450 - 222K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Awww, what a healthy pup!  I didn't realize he's only a few days old.  I see the brindle on his paws, but I'm surprised with no white on paws or chest.  I've been looking at black brindles and Steve was right when he told me they almost always have brindle on paws and cheeks and white on paws and chest.  Can't wait to see more when momma dog allows more pictures.  :)

Isn't it amazing where genetics goes with color?  Did you ever imagine a black brindle with your two dogs?  It's absolutely fascinating to see new litters, almost like Christmas morning when they're born.
  • @exiled it is amazing how genetics play out. Like I have mentioned to BulliesofNC I have both Coloured and white bull terriers and have recieved an all white and a solid red smut as you can see in my profile pic. I guess I am very good at picking my bullies! lol I never did imagine a solid black brindle. but i will post more of this handsome boy in a few. I did recieve another black/brindle with white on her chest and also a tri-color in this litter. It amazes me..I have recieved 1 of every color block. It is christmas morning for me when my girl whelped her litter. i jsut love this breed and are very much in love with all bullies I cross. :D
    @1Bully2Love - With 22 different color combinations within the Bull Terrier breed you may not have hit all colors yet. ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com

• @BulliesofNC..let me rephrase that..i have gotten one of everyone that i have every wanted. oh and here is my all black/bridle bully @exiled!
    1911628_970941972931736_5433807777324365657_n.jpg
    540 x 960 - 24K
    10527910_970941982931735_4092777789093083264_n.jpg
    540 x 960 - 15K
    Wow, not even a white tip on the tail. THE first Solid Black I have ever seen. Keep us posted on photos, I want to see how much of that brindle mix sets in and how much of the solid black prevails. Very neat to see any colored Bullie without a white chest. I think it's very unique. I'm not sure the hard core EBT enthusiasts would like seeing white fully omitted from any Bull Terrier but when it's a rarity I think it's pretty cool.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com

• @BulliesofNC I will keep you all posted. He was only whelped n the Oct 5th..So he may grow and it may pop up. We shall see and no white tip tail. =)
  • edited October 2014
    Very awesome.  I hope you'll post pictures often of the entire litter, too.  :)  It will be nice to see all of the markings together. 
    Actually white often fades when there's small patches vice suddenly appearing. So if he doesn't have white now he won't have any later.

I second the viewing of the other puppies. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Very beautiful puppy! And again, the only one I've ever seen with no white at all. I've seen one previously that *almost* had it, but had two white toes. I do love the dark bullies, but like Steve said, there's that little voice in my head that tells me "they just ain't right" because the true foundation of the bull terrier is white. To lose the white is to lose the bull terrier.

Can't wait to see him all grown up!! :x
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Don't worry, he'll run out of those black marker pens soon :-)

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

• @Quinnofhearts..they just ain't right? Just because you have never seen one or bullies of NC hasn't?
     In the name of Monday night football...C'MON MAN!! 
    Like they say there is a first time for everything..and do you think the founder of the first bull terrier got it right the first time! I say I am damn lucky and he is going to be a beast! And no matter what happens..maybe it's time for a new strain and for some enthusiasts to let go of their own bias based on their own dogs...from pics i have seen of others..not all of their dogs FIT the standard and have faults as well. IJS! I LOVE ALL BULLIES..Not just show qualities! I have never met a bully I didn't Love! SHOW Quality or not! 

• @philsergeant...you do mean SHE won't run out of black markers any time soon! ;) I assure you my bruisers colors won't run any time soon.
    He's a black stallion all right and I'm eager to see photos of him as he progresses so please keep us up to date.

So, can you share some photos of the parents? I'd love to see them.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Dale looks awesome. He is such a confident pup. We definetly will miss him.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR
  • @1Bully2Love I've had similar conversations like this about Liver bull terriers... They just don't meet the standard. As a bull terrier enthusiast, but not a show-person or breeder, I still have a respect for the breed standard. There will probably come a time when someone will finally pop out a "blue" bull terrier, and just because "there's a first time for everything" doesn't make it right. It's not time for a new strain of anything. We're talking about the preservation of the breed, and while you do have an incredibly rare dog, I think you still need to respect that.
    THAT BEING SAID, color has nothing to do with cute or personality or quality of dog, and I think your black brindle pup is gorgeous and I want to see more pictures, regardless. I think he will be beautiful, same as Dale and same as the liver pup and the liver black and tan that have come through here within the past year. Please don't think I'm knocking your dog or insulting you or anything of the like because I'm not. You have a gorgeous litter on your hands, black one included.
  • I think that liver bullies are unique. They are not something to be ashamed of, they aren't liked because someone along time ago says they don't meet the standard is total bs. They are highly sought after.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR
  • edited October 2014
    They are unique, and I never said these dogs were shameful. (Except for the "blue" bull terrier, I could go my whole life and be happy never seeing that get started) The standard is dark eyes and a black nose, neither of which the Liver has, and that's why it doesn't fit. They are sought after because they look great, there's no doubt about that. They are interesting dogs. I wouldn't mind having a liver because I like their look and I know I won't ever breed it.
    But again. They do not fit the standard. That's all I'm saying. All bull terrier owners should be able to know this and accept it. And the standard is very important to breed preservation.
    Ditto!  ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com

• @Quinnofhearts but the problem is you claim to be an enthusiast...your bias is overwhelming.  I was not trying to cross breed into this world a new strain of all black bull terriers..it happened naturally with two coloured and white bull terriers that fit the bully standard very well and are show potential.  the probablity is a 1 in 4 (25%) chance of ever happening. As with other litters I have whelped..it  so happens that the same two bullies produced an all white bully with no markings and a solid red smut in the same litter. So no matter your stance on sticking to your standard...obviously the bull terrier breed is not. Just because that is what you see written by someone some odd number of years ago doesn't mean that it can't change. What will have to happen...will he have to win a show for you to acknowledge that he fits the bill? definition of enthusiast...a fan, a person absorbed in a cause, lover, admirer...no where did I see expert on standard. Like I have said before....i am an enthusiast..I LOVE all bullies I cross..show quality or not and no time what so ever do i critic someones loveable bully because he doesn't fit a rule book.  will I breed him probably not. Will I show him...maybe I should.
    @1bully2love - I don't think anyone's is knocking or criticizing your puppy. Personally I think he looks great. I'm confident @Quinnofhearts was merely pointing out the aspects of some colors being faulted within the current standard of the breed. You are right though, in time there could one day be an array of colored EBT's with 0% white on them and they all could fall into a specific color code and standard of their own. Liver Bull Terriers could as well. However, as it stands right now this isn't the case and EBT's that fall short of the standards as written are penalized, faulted, or disqualified. Reputable dog breeders of ALL breeds usually make full efforts for producing puppies that emulate the standards vice drifting away from it. Regardless of the best of the best breedings conducted between an appropriate stud and dam there can always be a puppy born that happens to outside the realm of standards in color. It doesn't mean the puppy is a bad dog by any means. On many occasions some people would feel the puppy was unique, special, and a rarity. Others may also feel they are sought after as a "Designer" type dog like what people consider the Blue French Bull Dog.
    It doesn't matter what someone's preference is in ownership of any Bull Terrier. However, breeding Bull Terriers should always be done with the intent to breed to the standards as written in order to preserve the breed as we know it.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I definitely wasn't trying to criticize your pup @1Bully2Love , as a matter of fact, a Facebook group I'm a part of actually started talking about all black EBTs, and they're all saying they've never seen a full black one and I just wanted to get on there and be like WELL I HAVE HA! but I figured we'd keep your little treasure to ourselves. ;)

I have no bias...I am following the breed standard. I did not create this. And it wasn't just created by "someone." This was the standard laid down by the parent club of the breed (i.e. the BTCA), and those (mostly) are true experts on the breed. I never said you created this black bully with voodoo magic or by doing some weird breeding practices - you got lucky. You say the bull terrier itself is not sticking to the standard...but bull terriers cannot carry on a standard. No dog can. If we did not preserve breeds, there would be no breeds. You would not have the bull terriers you love so very much if we did not do work to preserve them as they are.

I would be disappointed if that dog won a show because that means we are losing standard. There have been dogs recently that have been awarded in shows even though they have had severe faults (saddleback marks) and it just shows crooked breeding and poor judgment. Your dog may have the most absolute perfect conformation and great movement and that's fantastic! But his color should fault him.

You can look up as many definitions as you want but in my eyes the most important definition is that of the bull terrier. I singled out all dark bull terriers (and Livers if we want to throw that in), not just your dog because he is *truly* all black. PLEASE understand that I am not meaning to be offensive toward you or your dog, and this is just standard for these dogs.