Skip to content

my new baby Thor

edited September 2013 in Forum Member Photos
My new baby EBT baby boy Thor he is huge for only 7 weeks old I love him to death already and being spoiled.... so what does everyone think :)
20130913_190905-1.jpg
488 x 1195 - 369K
20130913_190854.jpg
900 x 1200 - 163K
20130913_190916-1.jpg
900 x 895 - 512K
20130913_190112.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
20130913_190118.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Oh look at that face! What a cute puppy!!!  7 weeks old? He looks a little older than that?
    Those must have been pictures taken during first sight of him. I take it you met the breeder in a public area parking lot vice his residence. Did you ever get the opportunity to meet the parents?

Well get that hansom Bullie on some good grain free kibble and spoil him to death with love. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • He's so big! Makes me miss when Cookie was that size, fun size, lol!

Congrats and train him well! It's going to be a fun ride!
  • I just took those today and I met his parents and there monsters lol and he is 8 weeks my bad but he is adorable and loveing im happy with him and no doubts at all.... but I started him on royal canine puppy no grain he is going to be big.... and yes we met up today at a petsmart around the corner got his akc forms being filled out and pedigree all ready to go and the 2 year health guarantee but real nice breeder I got him from... and oh yes he will be very spoiled and loved and im really going to enjoy this ride :)
  • I think you picked the perfect name for your pup, it will fit even better if he grows up to be a BIG Bullie-Boy!

What are Thor's stats? Weigh him and measure (height at the withers) him up for us, it's hard to tell how huge he is in pics.

Our little man was just that at 8 weeks... Little. But he's filling out nicely now at 12 weeks. Almost every time someone new meets him, they try to pick him up and immediately say "Wow, he's SOLID!!". Even at his first vet visit.

I think I speak for all the Bullie-Lovers on the forum. More pics & Stories of Thor please!!!!!
    005_zpse1380bba.jpg
    800 x 800 - 142K
    015_zpsa0adfb66.jpg
    800 x 792 - 90K
    121_zpsd07b36f5.jpg
    479 x 800 - 147K
    001_zps802a6760.jpg
    676 x 800 - 235K
    048_zpse1497398.jpg
    600 x 800 - 61K
  • Second the pics and stories....and consider yourself owned by a bullie...not the other way around.

Stoeger, know what you mean about solid. Maya is filling out wonderfully and she is one solid muscle. Did I not read somewhere that, pound for pound, bullies are the most muscular dog there is? I wouldn´t doubt it one bit.
  • Awwww, I don't wanna sound like a total girly furmom but here it goes........ OMG! He is the cutest little thing! I agree, Thor is the perfect name! He
  • edited September 2013
    Thor's cute. Be ready for a ride. Put it this way, I took Spud for an 8 mike hike at 7.5 months yesterday and he still had energy after the nap at night. I also just took him for a 30 minute walk before I go play basketball shortly then he's off to the dog park for an hour. Count on less sleep but motivate yourself to work harder to gain his trust.

@Stoeger - the cutest pose is when you are hovered over them and they do the look up in pic 2.

Turbo the Doberman and Spud the Bully at mile 4 below.

Edit - added Spud sleeping before I go hoop for the next two hours.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 162K
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
  • oh hes a big lovely boy!! congratulations! your life is never going to be the same again that's for sure!!!

take LOTS of pictures at this age-because it wont be long before he is an adult and you will not be able to beilive he was ever that "small"

• Thanks everyone for the comments... everyone hates the name Thor but I love it fits him perfect.... but his height is 12 1/2 in, weight is 12 pounds, and length is 15 1/4... he is a big boy and his paws are humongous.... im alrwady spoiling him im 22 and treat him like a baby lol but all in all I think he is the cutest pup and wouldn't trade him for the world.... gotta love EBT theres no other better companions... its crazy there willing to do whatever they can do to to make you happy more loveing then any other breed of dig iv had.... but ill post more pis later thatnks for the feed back guys and thanks for excepting my baby into our all big family here 
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yes, please keep posting Thor, and loving him and giving him the best diet possible.. Some raw as soon as you can start the process. He sure is a handsome fella! Looks nice and calm too! Glad he's found a good home... Give us all your stories an questions.... Your first Bullie right?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • He is very calm but iv been trying to get him to be active lol but I got him on royal canine no grain puppy food.... I got the recipe for the raw meat diet.. when I can start him at leadt but iv been loveing on him and getting him used to the car rides... but thank you im glad im not the only one that thinks he is cute all my framly saise he is ugly but idc what they say lol but yep yep sure will keep posted on him and yes phil he is my very first but iv been doing my studying for months now on ebt so I think I up to par with keeping and giving him a very loveing home :)
  • I wouldn't push him to be active, trust me, he will be more active then youll be able to handle within a few months!

when I brought Chimera home I was so happy due to how calm and mellow  she was till about 4 months, and then her energy kicked in and ive been trying to wear her out ever since!!

• Lol im not like forcing him just playing with him and taking him out and around the house but if he stays as calm as he is that perfectly fine with me to... as long as he walks and plays at the parks when we go im happy, I just want him to be happy thats all 
  • Stoeger was the same, when we first got him he was so calm and wouldn't play much, but at ten weeks a switch went off and he is go go go now!!
    edited September 2013
    Enjoy the calm.... our kids were tornedoes from 8 weeks.... it took us 7 months to get them to not run in the house (98% there), 6 months to not go ballistic around the pool (80% there), 5 months to no rough-housing in the house, (98% there).... so it takes a while for calm to return, enjoy it while you have it ... won't be long before Thor is "THE HAMMER"!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yep yep I understand..... today we are just taking it easy and calming him down for the week ahead so he usnt board all week its nice tho that he is calm at the momment because iv been working overtime lately so it will be good for the momment till I get back to regular hours 8-4:30 m-f
    But I like that phil "THE HAMMER" lol nice 
  • Theres Thors parents I think they are both in good tone but for some reason they look like minis lol
    20130908_154917.jpeg
    816 x 1088 - 573K
    20130908_154819.jpeg
    816 x 1088 - 179K
    They sure do look like wonderful creatures... You may be right, they could be minis... What do the AKC papers say? Did you pay a lot extra for him?
  • How tall and big were the parents? They look mighty buff to me.
  • The akc papers say Standard bull terrier... but I paid $1200 for him with pedigree papers.. akc papers.. 2 year health guarantee... and all breeding rights but they both are really buff but they are both 23 inc at 1 year old... male on the left in first pic.. and Thor is monstrous to 
  • What about weight? That will be a good indicator along with the height but it will be maybe 1-1.5 years until that fills out.
  • The male I know is 50 pounds but the female I don't know but they are both very muscular so I know I got good genetics in him
  • That's good. Spud's dad was around 45-50 lbs so I imagine he will be around there with proper exercise and diet.
    They look like Standard Bull Terriers all day long to me. :-bd

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Id love to get him to 80 pounds but I dont want to push him to hard I want him to be happy but it would be awesome lol but I love his parents and it looks like he has great genetics so im very pleased with Thor and happy he is my first EBT... but im useing no grain blue wilderness dog food and exercise to be in great shape :) 
  • Thor looks great.  His parents look like Standard Bullies.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Thank you thank you... yea they are just look little in the pics
  • That stepping-stone pictured next to the puppy-pen reminds me of the cardboard box we put in front of Stoge's crate so he could get in and out easier.

It was only a month ago that he was so small, now he's almost able to jump up on the couch!!!
  • Lol, when I first got Spud at ten weeks the little guy was running around all wiggly then he would see me on the couch and cry cuz he couldn't get up. About 11-12 weeks he started leaning on the couch to see me then one day around 14-15 weeks he started to hucklebutt and as he was finished jumped on to the couch. It was patience from there as he kept doing it and had to instruct him not to until he was calm.

Its been only 5 months but its gone by so fast.
  • Yea Thor is finally starting to come around he dosent want to leave my site or if I walk away he gets pissed but I love the feeling of him always wanting to be around me I feal bad when I go to work and just wanting to hurry up and get home to see him :)
    Yes... The say that dogs get heartworm from mosquito bites.... But I think Bull Terriers ARE heartworms in disguise ... They worm their way into your heart and you can never get rid of them! :-bd
  • ^^^What Phil Said^^^

My Bullie spends nearly all day with Stoges_mom but when I come home he is so happy to see me.

I fear he might wag his tail right off his body!

I guess he knows belly rubs and back scratches my specialty but I like to think he really loves me too ;)
  • Loo yep yep thats Thor for ya but you gotta love them.. no better companions then them but I love it
  • Baby Thor all out for the night
    20131001_202536.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Pics of the day and more pics comeing of him in his shark costume
    20131001_202536.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20131001_190126(0).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    20131001_185931.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • Loveing his buiod already from what I see he is muscular like crazy at 10 weeks:)
    20131001_185904.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Looking good. Now is a good time to start training his ears to stand.
    Thanks for sharing the pics!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Yep yep im gonna start his ears this week for sure he is huge with floppy ears lol but thank you :) iv been spoiling him but he wont walk with a leash thats my only problem with him
  • Awesome, a Thor update!

Your boy looks good!!

X2 on the ears and you'll wanna get him used to getting his nails clipped at this age too.

Stoges_mom clips Stoeger's nails what seems like a couple times a week. We're doing that so he won't be a handful when larger and needs a pedicure :)

I can't wait to see Thor's shark suit, those look great on Bullies!!!
  • Nails cut now, teeth brushed, ear cleaning, coat brushing, you name it get him use to it now. This will save lots of money.
  • Thank you guys very much and yes very much trieing to get him used to alot of things :) but I have a question is it natural for BT to breath like they are congested or do I need to get him checked up on... any info be great full
  • Are you refering to snorting?? If so yes normal as well as the snoring :)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Im saying as when he breaths its like he is stopped up
  • I just want to warn you, your boys daddy has some skin allergies, and obviously has been chewing/licking his feet an awful lot- im warning because its very likely your boy Thor might end up with the same issue and is going to need a specialized diet that is grain free-though it could be grass allergies as well.

Bullies allergys usually don't show up until they are older,  Cesar's never cropped up until he was nearly 1 year old.

• How do you know he has skin allergies just from him breathing fun.... and thats what I got him on is blue wilderness large breed 100% grain free the lady the works for blue told me to put him on that
    @Thor - I'm going to assume Kim was looking at the photo you posted of the parents and noted the front paws of the sire which show signs of allergy problems. BT's often break out in these areas first which are easily irritated. They will also start licking these areas causing hair loss and even more redness. Chances are your breeder doesn't have his Bullies on an appropriate diet to prevent the apparent allergy that his stud suffers with. Easily corrected with proper diet and chances are if you're already providing Thor with a good diet and giving him a supplement to boost his immune system you most likely won't see any ill effects that mirror his sire. ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks for the heads up guys yea I got him on the best puppy food I can find and haven't started on a supplement yet but in will start and the breeder was feeding them diamond I pretty sure... I pray to god he dosent have any conditions I have his vet papers and they say he is healthy but who knows what he could get but im trieing to spoil him like a puppy should be I just feal bad when I have to leave him in the kennel ncage while im work and im trying to figure something out to keeo him occupied while im working so any ideas? :)
  • Kong /w peanut butter stuffing mine love it!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Do you think it would help for 8 or more hours lol
  • Im off on weekends so no problems there :)