Skip to content

The best flea meds poll???

2»

Comments

• That is your best bet. I don't know what's in it that makes it so toxic, but you definitely don't want kitty rubbing on puppy and getting sick.
  • edited July 2013
    So my vet recommended trifexis, heart guard plus and/or interceptor. Trifexis seems to do heartworm prevention along with flea prevention. I'm confused since I know need both heart work prevention along with flea.

I can do either of the following:

1 - Advantage II and Heartguard Plus

Or

2 - Trifexis

Anyone can chime in?
  • Forgot to mention Trifexis is prescribed but my vet will prescribe after a month from his last check which is in 2-3 weeks.
  • I would go with the trifexes its not topical won't wear off during washes and does 2 things at once.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • My first choice would have been trifexis!! It covers everything but ticks. Since we live in a wooded area and have issues with the little buggers, I went for the the Advantix/ heartguard combo. He was on frontline's certifect, which the vet said was the strongest product on the market....... I pulled 6 ticks off of him in a matter of 3 weeks. Now that we are on Advantix I've only pulled one. I also do not allow the kids to let him run through the woods anymore and that could be a contributor.