Skip to content

Apollo, the life of a spoiled English Bull Terrier puppy

1235»

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Hey! here are the brothers....

(I don't Photoshop as well as Steve, and it's hard to gauge their proportions... 64 lbs and 47lbs... but I gave it a shot)
    That's actual Isabella & Marco in the backdrop.
    RedneckBrothers2.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Awsome!!!! 8->
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Very cool Picture.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hey that's cool!! It's what they would look like together, in real life?? They look so much alike!
    Well, Apollo took a walk today. A REAL honest to goodness W A L K !!!! I think he knew I was really close to purchasing a choker collar today. All this time we've only been able to make it right past Steve's house. I know you guys don't know it, but we made it all the way to the pig farm!!! I'm going to guess it's about a mile! Now, I'm willing to bet a bottle of salmon oil, he won't do it again tomorrow! ;)
    We've had a lot going on here, so I havent been on. Plus Apollo has been completely off the frickin wall! I didn't want anyone thinking I was complaining. Apollo had soooooo much energy and no ways to get rid of it. He wouldn't walk, wouldn't play and just wanted to eat baseboards, eat the kids and play the annoying game of tug or war with his leash! I searched for rocks to hid under, but he kept finding me! ;) Hopefully, fingers crossed ya'll, that the light bulb clicked!!!!!
    edited October 2013
    They sure do go through a phase of driving you to distraction... It's almost as if he looks at you through one squinted eye when he goes to bed at night and smirks,... " heehee, I really drove her nuts today, ... Well see who's boss around here", snicker, snicker!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I personally prefer the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T CATCH MEEEEEEE.........OH SHITE I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO CROSS THE CREEK AND MAKE YOU CHASE ME ALL THE WAY UP TO STEVE'S PORCH ONLY TO HIDE UNDER THE BENCH IN HOPES YOU WOULDN'T FIND ME AND SPANK MY ARSE" look. Yes, that look is much better. =))
  • I AM HAVING A PARTY! iT'S CALLED THE "APOLLO WALKED 1.6 MILES TONIGHT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D <:-P =D> \:D/ ^:)^ \m/
  • I just wrote a huge update with pics and it didn't post. And it didn't save as a draft..........grrr! Here I go again.
    Well!!! We're waiting!
  • Well, we are quickly approaching Apollo's first birthday and what a year it has been. From Scooby Doo legs to 3 mile walks and nipping to kisses!! He's kept us on our toes.

I attached a few photos. On Christmas he really enjoyed tearing open his gifts from Santa! He also enjoys a daily snooze on the couch under the blankets! Of course he's handsome when he's not even doing anything, and to prove he's not a little guy anymore, he's upgraded from sticks to logs! Of course he also has to show off his new tie for Valentine's day!! (that he already chewed up)

Even though our boy is still very much a puppy, he's growing into his personality and slowly maturing. He enjoys stealing and eating my kitchen towels and throw rugs when he's bored and wants my attention. That's about as destructive as it gets, thankfully! Apollo and my daughter seem to be getting along a lot better now than they have been. We bought a prong collar for when she took him outside. After hurting himself twice, he no longer fights with her in the yard. I'm so thrilled that she doesn't go running and screaming up the steps yelling how much she hates him! Now they share lots of hugs and kisses! He still counter surfs from time to time. His favorite thing to do it cuddle with me or my husband on the couch and he hogs our bed like he pays the bills! But I appreciate his warmth on the cold winter nights!!!! He LOVES his new Kong ball! They are super strong and really bouncy!

Today, at 10 months old he measured 19.5 inches at the withers. I'm not sure how much he weighs since the battery died on our scale. At the end of November he weighed in at 55 pounds. I promise I will pick up a 9 volt or Leslie and Phil may virtually spank me! ;) He's doing great on the Simply Nourish GF, and enjoys it twice as much when daddy makes him a sunny side up egg to go with it. Apollo poops more than any other dog I know. 4 cups go in and I swear 10 cups come out!

It's been a wild ride having Apollo. There were definitely moments where I was crying in the corner with my thumb in my mouth.......rocking back and forth, mumbling inaudible words........but most of the time you could find me cuddling with my puppy buddy! I'm pretty sure one day we will add another fun loving, free spirited bullie girl to our family. (one day)

I hope everyone and their bullies are well!
    _DSC8704.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC8812.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC8824.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC8906.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC8959.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC8968.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
  • I could have retyped that so much faster if I didnt have to stop, throw a ball a bazillion times and stop to look at all the recipes and pictures my husband wanted to show me! (yeah, I just threw them both under the bus!) =))
  • He looks absolutely stunning!! That tie is icing on the cake!!
    At 10 months old he already looks like a monster!  :-bd

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My husband said "Did you really have to make the tie pink?" HAHAHA!
    He is a monster! It's bad when you can't even put the foot rest up because he's so heavy in your lap! :)
    edited January 2014
    He truly has grown into a beauty.... Well, should I say grown around your heart like a vine.... It's not that fabulous face, but what's behind those eyes that really has the character! I am so glad he is doing you proud. I know that Bullies can be very trying... But then again, what? that is worth it's weight in gold, isn't really trying!. A couple of minimal tips. If you are going again to thrill us with a long wonderful story, type it in email or Word or whatever that's not online..and when done, copy and paste into the forum ... That way, when Steve's monsters run past the server and rip the cord from the wall you won't lose all that you typed ( just kidding Steve) .... but you know what I mean. :-)  Happy upcoming birthday Apollo.... Although it'll be when you're 14 to 15 months before everyone can truly relax and enjoy you fully. Thanx for being a good mom, ApollosMom... You are ( almost ) forgiven for the pink tie.
  • He has definitely kept you on your toes the giant goon!!! But he is sooooooo handsome!!! And large!!! More pics more often please!!!
  • I also want to congratulate you apposmama for hanging in their and not giving up!!!! I to know what it was like to have a challenge and a kid crying " I hate that dog " or the sitting in the corner wanting to cry as I did once or twice I believe! !! Your reward is coming soon. Know I will quit sounding like a horoscope but great job!!!! :-bd
  • Phil my issue was I used internet explorer. I should have used Chrome. My husband told me to do exactly what you said but when I went to paste it, there was nothing there. :/
    He is totally a handsome guy and that is what saved his arse when he was bad. I still have my moments when I'd like to zap him good! At least now I know what I'm in for next time. ;)
    Leslie, I laugh to myself now when I see someone post about some bullie behavior. I just laugh and said "OH LOOOOORD!"
  • Apollo is stunning.  What a handsome guy!  The pictures are wonderful, opening his present and carrying his log and chilling on the sofa...he is awesome.
  • Hey all! I know we haven't been on in a long time and I apologize for that. I'll make it up to you right now with some updates about us! It's been about 2 months so we have a lot of catching up to do. We really enjoyed our time at the dog park. Apollo was pretty vocal to say the least. I think he was just SO excited to be with the other dogs since every time we go to our dog park no one is there! :( 
    To make up for the lack of socialization I had been taking him to Petsmart with me once a week. Our first time to Petsmart alone was quiet comical. Of course in true bullie fashion. Apollo kept marking all the end caps and center pallets. I stuck his nose in it, told him NO and then went to adjust his collar. When I did the clip popped! Like I told Kraken's mom, I could see it in his little devil eyes, He was ready to bolt. I literally lunged at him! (This was seriously a site to see) When I did I lost my balance and fell face and shoulder into the floor while Apollo was trying to wiggle out of my arms. Which he did, but I managed to get him in a leg lock with my thighs. I got him back into his choker, stood up, looked around and found we were still alone. After I stopped breathing heavily, i busted up laughing. We only went back 2 more times and I haven't been back since. There's one girl there who's a hoo hoo and I'm not sure she likes me and my vocal puppy. Apollo gets so excited when he sees other dogs he scares the hell out of them. All the other dogs hide behind their owners and then I get nasty looks. I said before, I don't understand how I can socialize him with other dogs when everyone runs and hides from him. I feel bad. He's like the kid that gets picked last for the game. :( He does enjoy going to the base and playing with all the Marines. They all throw a rubber chicken for him to fetch. :) They love him!!
    Apollo does NOT lack for love. No matter the time of day he's so ready and willing to plop in your lap for snuggle time. He LOVES kisses!! He gets so excited when he gets to wake the kids up in the morning! Nothing like a 60 pound bundle of love jumping on you ready to lick your skin off! He has become best buds with both of the kids. There's no more fighting and biting with my daughter. He gets so excited to see her when she gets home from school. 
    We still have to pin him at times. He does NOT like the vacuum! And I mean, it's unplugged in the corner and he attacks it. It's a Dyson and not cheap so the other day I had enough. I just pinned him down with his nose touching the end of the vac while I did my deep and dark NO. For now he just barks at it still.  He for some reason is still is this eating blankets stage. He used to bunch them all up and hump them. Now he bunches them up, and humps and he rips them. The couch pillows have all been put away and heaven forbid you leave a sweatshirt out. LOL!!   
    Right now he's been sitting between 56 to 59 pounds. Our picky boy is now eating Castor and Pollux Ultramix. It has bits of fruits and veggies in it and he seems to enjoy it.  He will not eat it if we put fish oil in it, so if anyone knows of a substitute I'd love to hear.
    Apollo's personality is one of a kind. My Aunt swears he was a human in another life. He may have been a convicted felon considering he stalks the Gogulski yard more than half the day. I always know when one of the dogs are out when Apollo's tail starts wagging a mile a minute and he makes little purring sounds. If Steve is outside my couch takes some major abuse. He'll jump across the couch to the back door and back and forth. He knows where he came from that's for sure! 
    On March 22nd we celebrated Apollo's first birthday. it was complete with puppy cake and presents. I will post photos under this posting. I also made a video from birth to 1 year but I don't know if it will let me post it. 
    I hope everyone and their 4 legged friends are well. I thank Phil for getting my butt back on here and I promise to check back often. You guys got me through some very dark and scary bullie moments and I'd like to pay it forward! 
    _DSC1602.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC0696.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 1016K
    _DSC0849.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC1589.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC1678.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC1715.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC2663.JPG
    2144 x 1424 - 1M
    _DSC2708.JPG
    1424 x 2144 - 1M
    _DSC3061.JPG
    1424 x 2144 - 1M
    _DSC9762.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC3736.JPG
    2144 x 1424 - 1M
    _DSC3743.JPG
    2144 x 1424 - 1M
    _DSC3982.JPG
    1424 x 2144 - 975K
  • 1st Birthday
    _DSC1947.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC1948.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC1953.JPG
    3216 x 2136 - 2M
    _DSC1978.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    _DSC1970.JPG
    2136 x 3216 - 2M
    Apollo is looking super awesome! This is my favorite picture of him:

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • He just as studly as Stoeger! ;) Steve can you rrecommend another product other than the salmon oil? Maybe something in pill form i can throw in his food? Also do you remember what thread had the recipe for the homemade tick repellent? He had a tick attached to his belly today so I'd like to add an extra barrier. Apollo is very modest and only likes to poop in the woods where no one can see him! Lol?!
  • I agree apollos momma, very stud ly! Does apollo stand a little straighter and ears a little pointier when a female comes by? Stoeger does, lol like he is strutting his stuff for them! Lol little stud muffins they are.
    I like that last picture too! He looks great, I'm also glad to hear he is getting along better with the kids!
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Wonderful photos... I have exactly the same set... it's amazing how similar Marco & Apollo in terms of their poses and mannerisms... just the looks on their faces and how they lie on the couch.... (we have just about exactly the same couch as you too, did I mention that before) kinda freaky, seeing Apollo on that couch, like there's a fourth mirror dimension out there (except our non-fur kids are a lot older).
    And I hear you on the total exuberance when they get "out in public" wanting to smother and love other dogs and people..... I also heard that the footage on the Petsmart CCTV cam is the mostly highly reviewed by Petsmart staff, they replay it time and time again in their lunch break.... it's like America's Funniest Videos!
  • Stoges mom, i hate to over use the term but Apollo stands like a boss! If we're outside his ears are up and i swear he puffs out his chest. He even walks like an Italian mafia boss. I'd say if anything he acts like a geeky pimpled teenager in front of a female. LOL!
    Phil, do you know how scared I was that footage would show up on the 5 o'clock news? "Women attacks dog in local pet store". I can only imagine what they thought when watching it. I told one of the workers what happened just in case they thought I went crazy, and she laughed it off. She said "Oh dont worry about it. Next time just yell 'Loose dog' and well run and lock the doors". At least we werent the only ones. Hahahahaha!!!!
    We do have the same couch and almost the same color in bullie. I actually believe there's a pic on here somewhere of them in the same position on that couch. LOL
  • Happy belated birthday to Apollo.  He's beautiful, and the pictures with your kids will be cherished forever.  So sweet seeing him with his family.  Love his birthday hat, lol!

• He looks amazing and so studly! Then see his picture with the birthday hat and it melts my heart!
  • Hey, thanks guys! I didnt even realize anyone else had responed!!
  • Took me 3 times to attach this. Smart phone operator error..... anyway, this was our mother's day. LOL! Only an EBT!
    20140511_132040_1.jpg
    720 x 960 - 93K
  • I wouldnt pick him last for the team!!!! Just sayin what a hunk!!!! :-* gn
    LOL, What a Big Ham!  :)) He can't possibly be comfortable in that position. He's loving life just being up on the couch getting to snuggle.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Such a handsome fella! I just love when the BTs put on their regal bearing when we all know they are goofballs just beneath that public exterior.
  • he layed with me like that for over an hour. I think he knew I was sick and was trying to make me feel better!
  • He's been sitting at about 56-58 lbs. i haven't weighed him because I can't lift his arse. LOL!!!