Skip to content

Me and Rex new to the group

edited February 2016 in Forum Member Photos
Looks like there is a lot of good info and people on here. Excited to join. Rex is a 10 or 11 months old. Currently 52 lbs. idk if I'd call him a rescue but was found on cl and bought in a very shady area of a big city. Was full of worms and fleas when I got him. But he doing quite well now. Loves all our kids and cats. He's a great dog which I haven't had in a long time. He's a lot of work but wouldn't have it any other way. First bt and what a awesome breed. image
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Like to introduce Rex to Chooba,
    His long lost twin brotherimage
    tmp_2533-KIMG0311~2609074095.jpg
    2570 x 1958 - 2M
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @THansen001 ... Most welcome.... He is a great looking animal, glad you have got to look after him. Seems he found out how deep the white paint was with his front legs and decided not to get the rear ones in the paint tray that much!!! :)) They are a wonderful breed and I am glad you are about to find out how they change your life fundamentally!!  Keep posting... When you upload a photo it takes a second, so typically you hit the button again that gives you the multiple posts... don't worry, I do it myself... If you want to edit anything you post there is a hidden button just to the right of the "quote" in top right, mouse-over and click.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited February 2016
    Yes thx for that info. Yes Chooba very similer in markings. Neat. One more pic bc he loves his cat friends
  • Rex and bella
    IMG_6548.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 325K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Really neat that he accepts Cats.... Shows how magnificently tolerant Bullies can be... they are the total bestest!!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • He likes to play ruff when they are small. Have to watch it. But he's taken his fair share of scratches and he learns how he can play with them just like with me or the kids. They are all different ages from 2 to 14 and he plays with them all differently.
  • I just had to add this photo of Cyrus and Gecko.  Its proof that EBT's have the biggest heart!

20151104_220625.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 4M
  • Creepy they also look a lot alike. Yes they can and do like cats. Or birds or other dogs. He loves to play with my wife's 3 lb morkie also. Good pic
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Great photos! I love seeing photos enjoying life with other animal companions.  :-bd

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Any tips on introductions? I have a baby 11 week old male Mini BT. He has been a little bitey but he is teething and regularly is redirected without issues. He is already in training, we want to give him every opportunity to enjoy as many animals and people (big and small) as possible throughout his life and that means he has to know how to behave himself.

There is a cat at my office, I work in a house where he will be able to enjoy a yard during the day and human/feline company as well.

Any tips for the introduction? We have had luck with gradual introductions with passed pups and want to know what others have done with success and of course what you did when challenges presented.
  • It also depends on how the cat reacts.
    For me-
    I introduced my Ruby briefly to Dixon the cat. She was 8wks at the time. After several quick visits, maybe a quick snif or two I would take her away. Give the cat a break since they tend to stress easily. After a few days doing that I would let them visit longer. As soon as Ruby would escalade (jumping, lunging or barking in a playful manor) I would correct her. Take her away, tell her “no-be easy” and keep her at distance from the cat until she settled. They tend to be very stubborn when they are in a playful frenzy, so you have to be firm and follow through at times.
    Once the cat started to tolerate the puppy more, I would let them be. But with VERY close supervision, I would never let the puppy get out of hand with playful nipping and pouncing.You don’t want the cat to become a fun play toy.
    Ruby is now 11 months old and still can get a little rowdie at times. When she is, I am quick for a correction. Now that she is older, she knows what “No” means.
    It takes some effort and time to acclimated them.
    My other bully (Roxy) is 2yrs now and is VERY tolerant of the cat. She was a little over a year old when I first brought home Dixon.
    I’m sure there are different ways on acclimating, but this has worked for me with 4 puppy bullies.
    Hopefully somebody will chime in with their methods!
  • Meet Mackenzie my mini bull terrier :)
    mac on table.jpg
    960 x 716 - 74K
  • DutchyDutchy South east uk
    Welcome great looking dog, nice markings and as you told very good behaviour, seems as it has to be this way for him and you (and family )
  • He is awesome and welcome to the forum

Love a happy ending