Skip to content

Titus

2»

Comments

• I wouldn't worry about it  In my opinion papers are just fluff unless you plan to breed or show your dog -- and CKC papers are not going to help you with that. Titus is good looking healthy boy. If he was meant to be your pet, he doesn't need papers to be the best friend you've ever had.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited July 2015
    I'd forget about it. Unless you were going to breed him seriously there is no real need for papers. Not to say you couldn't breed him "non-seriously", if you found another willing Bullie-Girl as sweet as him.  But he'll make you love him just as much, papers or no.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Truthfully, I don't think you need to worry about any papers. Papers are good for those who wish to show or breed their dog. However, based on the breeders character as you describe and the mere fact there are no papers for your puppy there's a high chance he really doesn't come from any type of reputable bloodline that would be beneficial breeding or showing. This is not to say in the least bit that your Bull Terrier is any within any shape or form that is poor or bad. He is simply what is considered "Pet" quality and he may very well have a better temperament, personality, character, and intelligence that trumps any Silverwood Champion. However, when it comes to breeding or showing there is a need for certain reputation in the development of bloodlines that focus on health, structure, conformation and all other elements within the breed standards. I too have had many truly awesome Bull Terriers that I thought to be the best companions you could ever ask for. My older female named Kolohe is one of them. Is she a good example of the breed in regard to exemplary structure, conformation, health, pedigree, etc? No, she is not. However, I never bred her even with AKC papers. Do I care that she has papers - Nope. Again, papers are good for those that wish to breed or show with the interest of bettering the breed so if you don't plan on doing either there's no need to worry about papers. Chances are you did not pay a normal or average price for your puppy in comparison with someone else that received an AKC Bull Terrier from reputable lines that cost from $1500 - $2500.
    I say not to worry about the papers and enjoy the loving companionship your Bull Terrier offers you and your family. He's a real cure puppy and I'm sure he provides priceless joy and happiness.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ok thanks for all of ur help!!! He is a great pup just have to get him to stop with the playful biting!!
  • edited July 2015

My Baby is getting Big!!! Love love love him!! Titus is such a joy to have....
    2015-07-29_14.14.00.jpg
    1164 x 2189 - 640K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Man! I don't blame you... he just has a face that says, "My character just totally lives up to this face, test me and see!!!"
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • This is every night! Until we go to bed..then has to be right between Momma and Daddy...lol
    2015-07-29_21.50.01.jpg
    1450 x 2120 - 907K
  • Best buds!!image
    20150801_084210.jpg
    4160 x 2340 - 4M