Skip to content

any breeders in ohio?

edited July 2013 in General
Me and my husband have one female bull terrier that is 7 months and we r definitely wanting another one. Definitely a male. And I don't want to go through puppyfind.com again. I was wondering if anyone knows a breeder in Ohio? Thanks so much!

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I'm sure there are breeders in every state. The question is, are they reputable? I don't know of any reputable Bull Terrier breeders in Ohio.
    Your on the right track by staying away from all the those websites where the backyard breeders and puppy mills post their puppies for sale in hopes people will fall in love with the photo of a cute puppy without conducting thorough research on the pedigree and bloodlines as well as the genetic testing conducted on the parents.
    Here's some good info to keep in mind in your pursuit for a quality Bull Terrier:
    http://bulliesofnc.com/finding-reputable-bull-terrier-breeder

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited July 2013
    Others may have a different opinion, but you might be better off looking for a male baby of similar age... Or at least younger... That, for the most part, counts rescues out... Even dumb people that are prepared to give up on the wonderful bully breed are stupid enough to hold onto them long enough to do partial damage.... So even if you don't find a good breeder in OH10, go out of state... They can be driven or flown.... But if you've ( obviously) caught the fatal bug like most of us here, go the extra mile to complete your family... You won't regret it . :-j
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yes please search really hard before settling on one, I searched a year and do not regret it! You really want a Bullie that would live with you as long as possible with great genes! I would hate to first hand be dealt wrong and have to witness the pain of seeing a dog in pain if any health problems come up bc of bad breeding :( most great reputable breeder will send your dog. I'm sure there is one in a state close to you. Dk tho. I found Steve and so glad I have my lil spunk Selah!
  • I am in the same boat as you Leela, Dezi is 7 months not and I've been searching for about 2 months now and still seem to be back at square one. Looks like this is gonna be a loooonnnggg process :-/ good thing I'm not in a huge rush. :) if you find a reputable breeder with litter plans please let me know, I'm in search for another female so won't steal your male pick I promise. :)