Skip to content

Baby Brutus and his mom and dad!!!

edited July 2013 in Forum Member Photos
I found these in my phone!!! Didn't even know I had the pics of mom and dad and the pic of Brutus was what they sent me to see if I wanted him!!! Awwww its a baby Brutus!!
downloadfile-9.jpeg
384 x 288 - 85K
downloadfile-10.jpeg
371 x 360 - 120K
benny 5 small.jpeg
341 x 259 - 40K
Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Benny looks real nice in that photo!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I was never to impressed by his mom as she has a little head but benny is awsome seen him in person and he's a big fella!!!!
  • Never met momma maybe its just the picture that makes her head look narrow????
    Yes, he looks very nice. Brutus does too. ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks Steve!!! What's with the toothy bottom lip on Benny almost looks like a snarl brutus has it too???? 
    To be honest is appears from the photo like he has an underbite which always makes the muzzle look thicker. How is the bite on Brutus?

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Theirs a bit of a underbite, his top teeth curve into his bottom teeth slightly nothing huge??? Are the teeth suppose to meet like a humans?? I would get a pic but he's not cooperating:/ and I can't hold the camera and his lips!!!! 
    I'll try and take a picture tomorrow of a proper bite so you have an idea. Having a slight underbite isn't a bad thing though. Like I said earlier, it actually gives the dog a stockier looking muzzle and jaw. An even bite or slight underbite may even be overlooked at a show especially when concentration is always aimed on the head.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I'm gonna check cleos tommorrow too he is much larger than her though, on a fat day she's only 45 lb. And her head is much smaller than brutus along with everything else though... height, width, depth of chest the hole nine yards. Hes almost twice her size. To give you an idea her nose is more curved but thin his head is larger but the nose isn't as defined. Dont know if that makes a difference.
  • @Steve...Cleo's are nearly perfect other than a few crooked teeth. No over or underbite????
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Dagnabbit! You girls have got me all paranoid about this under/overbite thingy! I'll take them to the orthodontist in the morning and post the X-rays ! Just kidding, I'm not that bad... I will take pictures and post them for the opinion of da wizzes.... Marco's tongue hangs out the side like a bulldog, is that okay? :D
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    Okay, Teeth are not easy to photograph, for obvious reasons.
    Marco's First, then Isabellas..... How they doing doctors?
    MarcoTeeth32weeks(a).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    MarcoTeeth32weeks(b).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IsabellaTeeth32weeks(a).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    IsabellaTeeth32weeks(b).jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thats for dang sure! I think they look good!! :-bd
    They both have good bites. :D

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    @BulliesofNC:  My arse can attest to that!
    Thanks for the displaying those pics Phil. Good examples of a nice scissors bite from both dogs. One thing to keep in mind also is that as small puppies many will show a slight overbite when they are young. Often you'll hear the Vet say "This puppy has an overbite" during the 6 week checkup and 10 week checkup. This isn't something to be worried about at all since a Bull Terriers bottom jaw will most often jet forward as their head and muzzle grow and mature. A young puppy with a perfect scissors bite at 6-10 weeks of age will sometimes develop an even or slight underbite as an adult.

Here's a photo of a BT with a very bad underbite. If Danielle was still on the forum she'd probably be mad for me displaying this photo since it happens to be her female she breeds so proudly:

Have a look at where the canines are located along with obvious bottom front teeth.

IMG00033-20130316-2140.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 307K
    Head pic.jpg
    960 x 783 - 79K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Compared to phils my Brutus has a serious underbite!!!! Omg is this bad or what??? Sec. Pic blurry he was done being messed with at nap time!!!!
    20130720_121017.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 325K
    20130720_120955.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 266K
    @Leslie - Now you have me regretting saying anything about Benny and bringing up bites. Not every Bull Terrier is going to have a perfect scissors bite. The underbite that Brutus has is not a health concern. He's fine and has no clue his bite isn't correct. He's in no pain and due to his age the bite will not get any worse. If he was younger and his teeth looked like this I may have some concerns because he would have more growing to do and if the bottom jaw continued to move forward I'd be a little worried about the lower canines getting too far pushed back. Right now they are on a slight angle but I'm surely still solidly rooted and functional.
    My problem is that I'm anal sometimes when I look at a Bull Terrier and because I've studied them so long it's a little easier to pick up on flaws even from a really good photo like the one you submitted with Benny. He too has an underbite although 99.9% of people will never notice it and focus more on his structure and conformation which look excellent.
    I regret mentioning it and I usually never pick faults in other people's dogs. That was unprofessional of me. Benny and Brutus are gorgeous Bullies.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Steve, I got a call or I would have answered sooner sorry, absolutely no harm was done by mentioning the bite I believe I asked anyway. These dogs could have a tooth growing out the middle of their forheads and they would still just be my pets and the most beautiful dogs ever. I have absolutely no intentions of showing and soooo appreciate your honesty ' some dont I guess ' but I am certainly not offended as he gives the best kisses in the world with that overbite!!! Your years of expertise have taught this rookie bullie lover a lot and I appreciate it. As I learn I too see the flawes in my dogs but when I do it again someday I will defanatly have you to thank as I will be much more picky!!!! I would be lost without them and flawed or not I still love them all the same as if they were show dogs!!!! I tell Cleo she's beautiful everyday eventhough she's got a little head and not even close to the build I thought I was buying was she a dissapointment.....ya but it was my ignorance and she will never know she's not the best looking bullie this side of the ocean!!!! Thanks Steve for simply answering the question I asked and being honest doing so!!!! Honesty is as valuable as money to me and both are hard to come by ;)
  • Speaking of honesty what is this white pimple on the side of my favorite 4 legged boys face????
    20130720_122214.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    20130720_122136.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 4M
    20130720_122214.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    Every now and then I will find a little tic mark like that on one of my bullies. It's like a hard dry bump. They seem to stay for a while and then they go away. That one on Brutus is very small. Did to try putting anything on it that would moisten it up a little and allow for healing a bit quicker?

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Just bag balm?? It fixes everything else so I thought I would try it??? Just noticed it today.
    I think it will do the trick.
    ;)
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Looks more like a tiny bald spot... I'd try coconut oil.