Skip to content

Crate size

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
edited July 2013 in General
I guess, mostly because they are brother and sister, we've resolved ourselves to the fact that at least for the next year the kids'll need be crated when we're not home, or at night. They rapidly outgrew their first crates, now we have ones that we thought would be our last investment... They are 36" long, 26" wide and 30" high.... They fit in them now, but can't stretch out... Who thinks we'll need go for the giant size?
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• We have the large crate where you can put the barrier in it. When we first brought him home we had it at half and slowly pushing it back to make it bigger as he grows. The brand it called "proconcepts" and I found it at Ross Dress for less for $55. It has a front and side access for your convenience. At that price I got 2. One for the living room and one for the bedroom.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Cool, How big is it?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • It is 42 long x 28 wide x 30 high. Listed as large.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    The kennel crates I use are 34" in length, 20" in width, and 28" in height. I may have measured them wrong but I'm sure it's close enough.

20130718_202729_resized.jpg
    725 x 431 - 312K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited July 2013
    @Apollosmama.... That pretty cool, at that price especially... I do believe my wife knows where that Ross place is... Do they carry them regular or was that a special....?
    @ Steve... Are those full size dogs in there? I feel bad when our kids butt and snozzes are touching the ends.... They do like to stretch out.
    Ya, that's full size dogs. You don't want the kennels too big. You'll find that they'd rather the kennel be small vice too big. When the kennels are left open like that I've found 3 Bullies in there at one time. I can understand the mentality of thinking bigger would be better but I guarantee your Bullies won't think so when it comes to their kennel (or dog den).

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Phil, I agree with Steve. As long as they can stand and do a turn around its fine. As for Ross, everything there is always on sale. They are all different, ours has a whole aisle of dog beds and a half an aisle of other pet supplies and toys. I found these AKC salmon treats there and Apollo LOVES them. Almost everything we have for him came from there. I didn't want to spend a load of money on a harness I knew he would grow out of and I found one there for $7!! His food and water bowls were $4. They are metal with the rubber grips on the bottom so it doesn't slide when they eat. Prepare yourself if you go. They keep ours nice here, but you walk into some and it looks like a bomb went off!
  • edited July 2013
    Here's a pic of ours so you can see. The only downfall is when the divider is on the other door doesn't open. Makes it a little hard for me to get in there when it's dusty. I tried as best I could to get a hight on Apollo. (He was scared of the measuring tape) But it looked like about 20 inches high from foot to ear.
    _DSC5008.JPG
    2144 x 1424 - 826K
    _DSC5009.JPG
    2144 x 1424 - 838K
    Melissa - To get an accurate height on Apollo the best way to measure him is to have him stand next to a wall, place a pencil straight across his withers, mark the wall, and let him run away. Then measure from the mark on the wall to the floor. This will give an exact height measurement.
    The height of a dog is measured to the withers, not head or ears.

Dog Parts.jpg
    308 x 223 - 13K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Lmao, Chris is trying to do that right now and Apollo is hiding behind the couch. I can believe he is scared of the measuring tape!!!!! The mark on the wall reads 15 1/2 inches! Thanks for the info!!!!