Skip to content

Any thoughts on theses types of bed

edited June 2013 in General
Does anyone own a K9 ballistic bed ? If so how is it? It's suppose to be chew proof
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 693K

Comments

• I have not seen anything to date that a Bullie can not chew through.  While there could always be a first -no I seriously doubt it.  Now, once they are through thier chewing stages it looks to be good.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2013
    Up to about 3 to 4 months they'll chew any bed.... but, like everything else, they get bored and chew something else..... by them lots of chew things... LOTS.... not edible chews..... for the first 3 to 4 months just fill their crate with old (clean) blankets or towels..... paper works good first month or so otherwise you'll be washing poo and pee off a lot of towels. When you first buy beds... 5 to 6 months, they'll be beyond chewing if you've disciplined right, and then buy one with a bolster or lip, on two or three sides... Bullies like to "hang their neck" over something.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited June 2013

Yes - They are very, very good.

I have two of the round beds. the only problem is that they have replaced the zipper with a velcro to close the cover.

The first bed lasted about a year until we got dog #2. A Lab.  The two dogs put their heads together (the bull terrier project managed the effort) and opened the bed up by pulling at the velcro "seam". chewed up the "fill in" cushion in minutes.

Now, I emailed K-9 ballistics and told them about this "incident" and the promptly send me a new cushion and cover.

They also suggested to "double" up the covers so that the velcro seam is on opposing flat sides of the bed.

Since then - no problems. I'm sure the dogs are still trying to figure out a way to destroy it, but so far the bed has won.

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I'm shocked Trent hasn't replied to this post yet because he swears by them. He uses them with his Bullies and loves them. The best thing about them is that they are guaranteed. If your dog chews it up (VERY hard to do) they will replace it for free simply by providing them a picture.
    I use currently us Kong Beds which don't compare to K9 Ballistics which will be want I switch to when the time comes for replacement.

Here's a past post that mentioned them: http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/discussion/comment/2093#Comment_2093

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • These beds are great. I have them for all of my Bullies, My male figured out the velcro but I ordered the Cujo Cot and he loves it. He cant destroy it, believe me he has tried. If you order the original tuff bed I suggest ordering two covers, then stagger the velcro so if they open it they cant get at the other velcro.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR
  • The cujo cots are guarenteed for 120 days.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR