Skip to content

help!!!!

My male bull terrier bonez we moved to my mother's house and they have dogs and today I noticed he has a bold spot on his tail it doesn't hurt him and he has raised pink bumps on his stomach they are outside the skin not under none of my mother's other dogs have anything on them what could this be please help!!!

Comments

• Allergys is my guess.....what food is he on??
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2013
    Is he white or colored? How old is he? Did his food change since you moved? The bald spot we all know, but can you take a picture of the other bumps and upload it? Is he getting along with the other dogs or may he be unhappy?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I've seen this before on several Bull Terriers. Most of the time it's localized demodectic mange that can be brought on by stress, diet, and other factors. Your Vet can do a scraping and confirm the cause.

Your dogs immune system may still be developing and certain factors can spark the inability to fight off common mites that all dogs are prone to having but suffer no effects from.

Hot spots are common as well due to the same reasons. Often you see the bald spots on a Bull Terrier show up close to the base of the tail as well as the center of the head.

You can cure the skin problem by changing his diet to a good quality grain free dog food, providing him with a supplement that boasts his immune system (we use Nu-Vet), and rub Bag Balm on his bald spots and rash.

Try this for 2 weeks and post the results. I'm confident you'll be happy.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My husband has him on gravy train I just feel really bad for him we didn't change. His food and he gets along with the other dogs very well all post pictures
  • edited June 2013
    I dont know how to post pix on here and he is one years old and he is white all over with just a little brown on his ears
    edited June 2013
    I don't have any experience of Gravy Train with Bullies, other breeds may do okay with it....but It has the lowest possible rating from Dog Food Advisor, it has grain in it....you'd be best off if you change him to a grain free dry food, and supplement it with some good wet food and some protein like boiled chicken plus a squirt of Salmon oil....
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    edited June 2013
    When you write a comment, in the bottom left corner is "attach a file" upload your picture there... Good luck! Love to see pics
  • Ok ill try and change his food thanks
    IMAG4144.jpg
    1456 x 2592 - 917K
    IMAG4145.jpg
    2592 x 1456 - 1M
  • The picture on the left is his stomach. And rail on right
    Take heed to the suggestion I made about proper diet and rub some Bag balm on those spots. I guarantee it will do the trick.
    ;)
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks I am going to buy that stuff and change his diet thanks again Ill give you an update
    Yeah, just those two things should do the trick... also it looks like he's rubbing his chest on the patio? or grass? or something.... I know mine like the heat of the pool deck.... see if you can discourage that... the "growth" on his tummy, is it perhaps a nipple gone wild?... i suggest you get the vet to look at and maybe snip that.... How about some photos of all of him
    I-)
  • Hello again my friend

Can anyone give me some advice regarding the blood in my bull terriers urine? She is due to come into season but this is the first time (she is now over 10 years old) that I have noticed so much blood and its really red....I would go as far as saying there is more blood than urine....she is eating ok, drinking plenty of water, looks ok etc but its a bit of a worry....she is also going to the toilet quite a lot and only a few drops of bllod/urine are coming out....any ideas please

chris

• My first idea when I hear "lot of blood in urine" is the vet. At least on Monday at the latest, yet if possible, rather right now. It could be a bladder infection or something else, related to her heat cycle or not. 
    I would collect a urine sample and have the dog checked. 
    This could be serious, even if your dog does not show any signs of discomfort so far.
    Bull Terriers have a very high pain tolerance. So they usually only show signs of pain, when the situation is already very serious. I would not want to have it come to that stage. Also some conditions are not necessarily accompanied by pain, but still require treatment.
    Check her temperature, pat attention to the volume of water she's consuming, see if her energy level is lower than normal, palpitate her and see if she's experiencing any pain.

You really should have her looked at by a Vet any time there's excessive blood discharge. Females leak or drip blood during estrus they don't urinate it.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com