Skip to content

Boarding Maya - Best Options

edited June 2013 in General
Morning all from Rio de Janeiro,
We'll be going to Honduras for Christmas to be with family. It's gonna be 12/17/2013-01/02/2014. I need some advice on what will be the best way to board Maya during that time. To be honest, I'm not real keen on leaving her in the hands of anyone for one day, much less two weeks.
Any ideas, suggestions, advice, what to look for, etc.?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Bring her along!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2013
    I think Blackr6 is right, that's the best option. A few years ago my son and I were in Colorado for a conference, we had left both our dogs at the BEST kennel in the area, after two days they called in the middle of the night to say my son's lab had bloat... he flew back immediately, with my wife who also took our Bully Girl out... long story short, after 2 surgeries and six months he never recovered.... my son was destroyed for over a year having lost his love of 6 years, for just a few days away... We will NEVER leave our dogs with anyone other than family again.  Most of these kennels are staffed with kids that don't know there arse from a hole in the ground.  Either use family or other Bully Lovers (and understanders)... that's my take.  Where do you live, in Rio?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I borded cleo for a couple days and had a diffrent experiance than Phil had. This place had been open a long time and knew several people that use them to bord their dogs as well, they even gave her her medication for me in those two days and she seem to be really happy when I went and got her probably to see me not from the experience! but they were really happy to have herthey even sent a thank you card home for lettin them care for her. although this experience was good I would still say that having a trusted friend neighbor family member care for her would be far better than boarding her in my situation I didn't have anyone that was willing to do that for me so all I can tell you is if you don't have anyone that can do that for you make sure you check into them because what Phil experience was absolutely awful. good luck with finding a good place if you can't take her or you don't have anybody that will take her. I did call and check on her a few times, and believe it or not they didn't even think I was stange for doing so;)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • edited July 2013
    I toyed with taking her along and that is an option we'll explore for sure. That's scary stuff Phil wrote and I'll not even chance that happening to Maya. We would all be devastated.