Skip to content

Dexter

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
We just received a Bull Terrier from a family in NC. He is a neutered male, 5 years old, house broken, well mannered, gets along great with people and kids, and is in perfect health. All vaccinations are up to date and he has been micro-chipped and tattooed. His name is Dexter and he is a Tri-colored AKC Bull Terrier.

He was provided to us because he started fighting with their other dog. 99% of the time they were fine together but any time food was involved the two were capable of becoming aggressive with each other. For this reason only they have decided to render Dexter to a loving and permanent home where he’ll continue to get the love and attention he deserves.

Rescue 1.jpg
604 x 453 - 29K
Rescue 2.jpg
960 x 720 - 58K
Rescue 3.jpg
604 x 453 - 59K
Rescue 4.jpg
604 x 453 - 60K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• Ahh hes lovely hope u mange to find him the home he deserves hes beautiful keep us updated please.
  • I would love him, he's beautiful:)!!!! I think I have become quite the sucker for the tris :D
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2013
    Let's face it, it's a whole lot easier bringing up one dog than two... Dexter is, by the looks of it, perfectly at peace with children and even the puppy, and hopefully he will find a loving environment that enables him to demonstrate those characteristics always. With two it's so much harder to ensure that each respects each others' EVERYTHING... Younger to older, older to younger, stronger to weaker... This takes virtual constant supervision when they grow, even if its just the one doing the growing. He looks to be a quality animal, I wish I had space for him... I hope somebody appreciates his value well enough!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I have someone coming from Charlotte tomorrow morning to meet with us and Dexter. They are very excited to meet him and have knowledge and experience with the Bull Terrier breed. We'll see if it's a good fit for adoption.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I got mt fingers crossed for him!!!
    I have my legs crossed too!!!!! \m/
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Be tough on em Steve, only good people should get the privilege of owning a Bull Terrier :D
  • Good luck fingers crossed .
  • Did Dexter get a home Steve???? You know Brutus was named Dexter when I got him I think I'm gonna come swap them out!!!!! Less problems and yours loves kids by the pictures. KIDDING.........OR NOT :-?
    The gentleman changed the date until Wednesday because it will be a 4 1/2 drive one way. He plans on leaving out Wednesday morning at 0400. I have 3 other people hoping his adoptions isn't made because they all desperately want him. All of these people are able to provide loving homes with plenty of space for him and they all have someone at home all day that can ensure he's being watched and loved 24/7.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Terrifik news! The more players the better.. We know you'll make the right choice... Tell whoever that one of the conditions is that they post stories and pics here at least once a month ... In return we'll provide free advise and encouragement ( everyone else pays, right?) .... You could also try getting them to rename him to Brutus or sumpin! ~:> I hate the name Dexter, reminds me of that bloodthirsty dude I don't watch on TV.
  • edited June 2013

Steve, I/ we are more than hoping the gentalman from Charlotte isn't made the one to give Dexter a good home! My girlfriend is so excited about Dexter she said she would be the one to pay for the gas on our trip and the adoption fee. I wait on the edge of my seat for your call Wednesday morning/ afternoon.

Phil, We will be happy to show you guys pictures of Dexter in his new home and tell you funny stories of him running after ducks in the pond behind our condo and playing with the little box turles we have from time to time.

Wish us luck!

@zstith - Zack you're making me feel guilty now because I have a strong hunch that the people coming on Wednesday will in fact adopt Dexter. They have been in liaison with us for a while now waiting for the opportunity to adopt a rescue and during the last adoption they missed out due to timing. Oddly, every time I receive a rescue and send out notification they receive tons of inquiries which makes it better for me to ensure they go to really good homes.
    Due to the fact that Dexter is a little older, really laid back, house broken, well tempered, and healthy I can't see any reason why the people who come here on Wednesday won't fall in love with him. I know you have you're hopes up on his adoption and I will most definitely contact you in the event his adoption doesn't go through on Wednesday, but I don't want you to be upset if things don't work out in your favor.
    On a good note, like I explained on the phone, I may be getting another Bull Terrier very soon. I'm supposed to be getting a call back tomorrow from a gentleman in Florida that will be providing us with his Bull Terrier due to our "Puppy Sales Contract." This was actually one of our puppies in which they are contracted to provide back to us in any circumstance that warrants rehoming of one of our Bull Terriers. It's a very rare occasion because this has only happened once over the years that we have been breeding where we've gotten a Bull Terrier of ours back in our hands. I will keep you posted on the status of Dexters adoption as well as the possibilities of the other Bull Terrier we may be getting back from Florida.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Steve,

By no means did I mean to make you feel bad at all. Just excited at the possibility of adoption Dexter. I am sorry for making you feel guilty, as that was not my intention by an means. We do however appreciate the opportunity to be the ones to adopt Dexter.

On the same note we will be just as happy to adopt the puppy in the case you do get the little one back.

I again thank you and look forward to you contact about either Bull Terrier !
    I have you first on my list for the adoption of the other Bull Terrier. :-bd
    And if Dexter isn't adopted Wednesday I will be happy to know he's going home to you.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited June 2013
    Steve,

Might be the first time I'm on the top of a list for something good since I was in the Army. Do you have pictures and more information you could email me about the puppy you might be getting?

Yes sir they will have a very loving and caring place to call home !
    Zack, it was good talking to you again on the phone. I'll call you tomorrow with full details.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Steve,

It was good talking to you aswell! We look forward to your phone call! I know you said time wasnt an issue but if we get good news i will more than likely just pick up money from the misses and head down as soon as my boss will let me leave work. I can make up the hours. But until then, i hope you enjoy your evening.
    @zstith.... Glad to see you're enthusiastic, best of luck! They are a big prize... I couldn't live without mine.
  • Phil,

We are very enthusiastic about Dexter. Like i told Steve as soon as i read his post on facebook and had my lady read it, we were both in love. Steve and I had a great conversation last night. following that Caitlin, my girlfriend, and i stayed up for an hour or so talking about Dexter. And are excited at even being considered by Steve to adopt this amazing Bullie! We look forward to Steve's call this morning.
    Zack - I just got off the phone with the gentleman who has planned to come here tomorrow morning for Dexter. I provided him with the knowledge of another possible adoption coming up too. However, his wife and kids have been very excited about the possibilities of adopting Dexter.
    He has been in contact with us for a while now and patiently waited for the day he'd hear back from me with availability of an adult in need of adoption. When I sent out an email from those in the past that contacted be for a rescue he was quick to call me and arrangements were made for him to come meet with us and Dexter. He has taken the day off of work tomorrow to make the road trip with his wife and child.
    I'm pretty confident the adoption with Dexter will be finalized after his visit here. I know that's not what you wish to hear but I have to be fair and stick to my word with everyone. The key aspect is that this family, just like yours, is able to provide a great home for Dexter which is the most important factor.
    There will be other Bull Terrier adoptions available in the future and I would be happy to offer you one when the opportunity arises. I will let you know how things go in the morning when I meet with the family scheduled to see Dexter.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited June 2013

Steve,

Thank you for the contact. We were very much looking forward to meeting you guys and Dexter aswell. But I do agree with you on being fair. We will look forward to your call tomorrow morning. And by the sound of it Dexter is getting a great home either way.

• Have you heard anything back on the little one coming from Florida?
    Not yet. I'm hoping to hear from them today.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ahh so glad u got people lined up for him and its nice to see u r fair steve and a man of his word before I got sophie we found a trio colour puppy agreed a price that they was happy with my husband drove 4 hours to get her I was so excited to get her and the dirty gits sold her 5 min before he got there if I had gone on that jounrey with him I think I would of thumped them both I was sooooo angry u just dont treat people that way .
  • Aw is that Chevis coming back from Florida? 
    No, "Chico" a solid white.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Dexter was adopted this morning. The people fell in love with him. It was a good fit for placement and the whole family is ecstatic.

When it was time to depart Dexter hoped right in their car and thought he'd take the passenger seat. LOL.

20130619_094145.jpg
    1652 x 929 - 367K
    20130619_094200.jpg
    1652 x 929 - 498K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • A happy ending! AWWWWW!!! =D>
    I hope they signed the commitment to provide updates and photos!!!!
    Yes, they promised to email photos.
    :-bd
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Awww so happy for him bought a tear to my eye .
    To: Dexter's (name change coming up?) parents..... I am so glad you have the blessing of someone special to love... I know he will do you proud, good luck!!  Now we need to find a special kid for Zack's family!
  • Totally agree phil well said. :)
    Yes, we do. I know Zack was probably disappointed by the news but there will be other adoptions, there always is.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Yeah we were a bit disappointed. But all in all very glad Dexter got an awesome family! As Steve said, there will always be more adoptions! We look forward still to your phone call about Chico or whoever in in need of a good place to hang their hat and call home! Thank you again Steve for everything!