Skip to content

Harnesses

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
I hate collars... Especially when Bullies are small and FULL of energy and need a lot of controlling. Our kids love their morning run in the wild... In fields, ravines, lakes, long grass etc. but they are too small to let run loose... Too many horses around to kick them in the head etc. so we got these 50ft long ropes ( thanx to a great recommendation on this forum) and had harnesses... But the pet store ones are crap...mostly for Chihuahuas and Shit-sus ... Or whatever. They have thin straps, the bands and buckles flip, they tear... Not suitable for Bully build or strength... But I found these new ones that are great, wide straps, strong buckles and hooks, don't chaff them under their arms.....even a handle for chucking them in the back of the car ( kidding) or lifting them over a fence.... By Dean & Tyler...Terrifik!
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• Look like awesome harnesses.  Know the name-where did you get them?
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • They look great I was going to ask same question also have they got room to grow into it .
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Amazon... but just enter Dean & Tyler... At that price I made sure I got them at a size where they are at their smallest to fit them now, and should be able to expand all the way to fully grown... Mind you the price wasn't so bad when you think of the Pet Store ones at $30 that don't work well and fall apart in 3 weeks... stitching coming out, buckles ripping off.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Ive just looked but don't seem to find the same as yours they dont have as mych material as yours does on your bullys back is it possible for u to put a link on here please phil there great .
  • Just found them what size did u get phil r the other links on the harness for pulling.
  • Hey, thanks for sharing this. I got the "as seen on tv" red and black one at Ross for $7.00. I didn't want to spend too much on his first one knowing he would grow out of it. Is that the clasp on the back or is it on the chest?
  • I bought that same harness a while ago and yes pricey but are well made!! I use mine for pulling with Brutus. Has hrld up nicley so far...
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • I also like the reflective edges!!!
    edited June 2013
    I got the Medium for Marco... that goes from 28" - 37" girth.... That's the only measurement, around the chest, that you need to worry about... the "28" fits him now at it's "tightest" size and I don't think he can possibly grow to 37"!!.... I got the small for Isabella and that goes 22" - 27"... "22" is perfect now... she might outgrow the 27".... but, what can you do.?
    The clasp, there is only one, is at the side by the shoulder... the front strap is just adjustment buckles.
    It goes on in 3 seconds!!  The others were a pain.  Yeah, if I didn't think they would last forever i never would spend that money.... They are built TOUGH! and suprizingly soft.
  • These r fab they have loads of different velcro logos from daddys girl , mummys girl ; deaf dog, dog in training , I bite , do not feed , do not pet, and sonon there loads of them been looking at prices and did currency converter and it will be cheaper to order it from america than what it would be in the uk thanks for sharing I defo will be getting one maybe ill wait a bit longer for her to get a bit bigger she walks well most of the time but if something spooks her then she pulls and u cant get her out if that head space shes in ill see how she goes.
    edited June 2013
    I know, I brought Marco back from the fields, covered in mud, the other day, and was busy running him under the outdoor shower when our ARSEHOLE! lawn guy came around the corner on his loud sit-on lawnmower and scared the crap out of him... I had a good hold on the harness but he backed right out of it, and ran away from the mower... he could just as easily have run UNDER the mower. There's no way to get out of this thing.
  • Bloody hell thank god u got him thats theo nly thing with pups u never know when they going to spook and thecdangers off this happening has your one got the strap between the front legs .
  • Here's a pic of the one I got off Amazon, he pulls a truck tire with it and loves it!!! I connect the rope to each d ring and use the handle to control him and the middle ring for a leash;)  I love it!!
    20130612_162953.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • We use Kong harnesses. They have a pad across the breast plate. Our bullies love em not big or bulky but very durable.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR
  • I, too, was having trouble with getting decent harnesses for our Bullies.  We have purchased at least 3 for each, and none have been truly good.  So after reading about the Dean and Tyler harnesses here, I purchased a medium for Snoopy who weighs 52 lbs. and a small for Daisy who weighs 45 lbs.  Daisy will probably out husk hers as she is just 1 1/2 years old and isn't finished filling out yet.  These are WONDERFUL!!!  Thank you guys so much for the tip!  Money well spent!
  • This is Daisy after her daily run with her D & T harness :)
    20130710_161.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • This is Snoopy sporting his new D & T harness.
    For those of you that don't know as I am a sporadic user of this forum, Snoopy is from Windy Knolls Kennel and Daisy is from Bullies of NC.  Her parents are Buck and Cyra.
    20130710_160.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    Daisy,
    I'm so glad you're enjoying them! Well, that your kids are...
  • Glad you sprung the money for them they are really nice harnesses !!!!!
  • I wanna try the kong collars nxt:)
  • Kong harness's work great. Thats all I use. Just bought Hank one and he likes it. I could'nt get him to walk with a collar, but no problems with the harness.
  • One of Steve's dogs is pictured somewhere on here with a kong collar and it was sharp!! Mine haul each other around by the collars and the cheap ones don't last at all so I hope that the kong ones last a lot longer!
  • Trent, D & T do not make harnesses small enough to fit our 13 pound Sookie, so I am going to take a look at the Kong harness for her.
    edited July 2013
    @daisy... Just strap Sookie to Snoopy or Daisey 's back :-$
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    LMAO....
    =))
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ha!  Sookie is her own JRT- hear her ROAR: or meep :)  Actually, Sookie rules the roost here at home.  
    I bought Sookie an X-Small  Kong harness.  She can't back out of it like the PUPPIA harness which is great.  It doesn't fit quite as nicely as her PUPPIA, though.  The Kong also has reflective threads which is a good thing.
    For Safety, I give it a 10/10.  For Comfort, I give it an 8/10.
    Depending on where I'm walking her, I'll switch back and forth between the two harnesses.
    Thanks for the tip, Trent :)
  • Anybody have pics of a Kong harness on their Bullie?

I might get a Kong for Stoge now and when gets bigger definitely drop the dough on a Dean & Tyler.
  • I'll look around for a pic. I highly recommend them.
  • That would awesome, thanks in advance!
  • We got the medium Dean & Tyler for Maya....I'll shoot a pic and post it. It's very nice and well made. But the Kong brand has some good reviews also.