Skip to content

HELP LUNA DONT WANNA WALK

IS BEEN A WHILE THAT I HAVENT CHECKED THE PAGE.....due to the fact that i have been busy and i just found out about zerlett acting childish and it sucks because this page is to help each other with our bullys and specially with steve thats been a good helper with everyone in this forum..

ok luna has been having this problem lately that every time i take her out for a walk she doesnt wanna walk. she stares at the cars and puts her tale between her legs and she just lays down.. ive been trying everything to make her walk but nothing has help.. for example i show her a toy, snack i try to get her hyper by running with her but nothing occurs...but as soon as she see's were coming back home she pulls me to get home quick.. she doesnt wanna poop out side but as soon as i come inside my apartment she pees and poops sometimes...i have to put her in the cage and take her outside as soon i take her out from the cage but sometimes she just poop inside the cage..idk why shes been acting like that i need help... 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    She's obviously getting stressed by sounds and noises she's not used to hearing or seeing. What I suggest you do is take her outside your apartment and just sit with her outside the front door for long periods of time so she can see and hear cars going by and get used to it while she still feels somewhat comfortable about being in a safe location so close to the door. Within a few days the noises wont bother her. At that time venture out a little further. pay attention to her body language and allow her to stop when she feels Uncomfortable. If you drag her further into the unknown her anxiety will exculate and make matters worse. I can almost guarantee you it's the cars going by close to the road she's being walked on that scared her. Put her in your car and bring her to a quiet park where you can throw a ball with her. Get her to look forward to going outside her known elements of the apartment. She may in fact be too cooped up during the day which is causing an effect on her normal behavior and stress level. Even if she doesn't have to use the bathroom start providing her more outside time even if it's just to hang out on the front steps.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Poor girl. How old is she? And did this come out of no where?
  • How Is luna doing??
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yes. There sure is a lot going on here. And if I remember from earlier stories, a lot has changed. She used to walk, down the same streets?... She used to poop outside and not in her crate? Steve has a lot of good ideas... I am sure they'll all help. But the main thing is what has changed? Why is she unhappy suddenly? I would go back to basics, remove all comforts from her crate so if she messes its easier to clean and you can leave her there so she knows you're unhappy.... Reward her with treats and praise when she poops outside. See if there's a neighbor that'll let you walk their ( easy to handle, friendly dog that loves walking) and take Luna along with him... The distraction will help a lot.... But let us know what changed and try all Steve's ideas.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    How's Luna making out with this now?, any improvement at all?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • hello guys...

is been a long time since my last post... so luna is getting better shes walking more but the only problem is that she still gets scare with the cars.. but shes showing improvement... but lately luna and athena fight alot...and i wanna ask u guys how can i tell if luna is in heat because i think that its whats causing all this fighting... and how manny times will she get in heat in a year?... 
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Hopefully you're not talking about full all out fights. If so, it may be a very hard challenge for you to get the two to become trustworthy with each other again. The patience level of a BT goes down considerably after a fight and the more often they fight the easier it is for them to spark into a fight. You need to start picking up the signs before the two engage and rectify the problem so they start to realize the dominant and aggressive behavior will not be accepted by you.
    Females go into heat anywhere between 6 months - 9 months. Most will predict heat cycles to be every 8 months. Each female is different and many factors can alter or prolong a dogs heat schedule. Many times if two or more females are together they will often go into heat around the same time frame.
    Obvious signs when a female comes into season are bleeding, swollen hind end, flagging, and humping other dogs. Yes, females will hump too.
    Normally you wont see too much difference in regard to irregular aggression or moodiness. In the event that one becomes pregnant they can become irritable, moody, and snappy with other dogs.
    I think your Bullies are just getting away with early stages of dominant behavior which is escalating into aggression and fights. Keep a close eye on them and maintain stern discipline when noting any form of unwarranted behavior.
    I will try and start taking a few photos of my Bullies when I see one initiate dominant behavior or unacceptable behavior with another one. Most would probably never notice a potential problem is manifesting which could have been easily be corrected.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com