Skip to content

Zerlett Kennels - Danielle Charlet

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
edited June 2013 in General
Well as sad as it is for me to say, I ended up banning Danielle from this Forum. She sent a few nasty and disrespectful text messages my way displaying her anger for calling her a kid on this Forum when it wasn't meant to be a form of criticism. It seems as though any time I brought up how long she's been breeding or even the short time she's owned and been around Bull Terriers she got defensive and upset as though it was something she wished to remain a secret.

Although I've provided so much guidance and knowledge to her within the last 2 years she finds it difficult to be appreciative and respectful. I guess it's a maturity thing for her but her attitude and blatant disrespect is what's gotten her banned from other forums in the same fashion. There was a time I too received positive encouragement and sound mentorship from those that had years of experience. My sincere appreciation to those that helped me years ago will forever be cherished and not taken for granted.

I understand how much she enjoys participating in social networks and forums. In most cases most people are under the impression she's been an avid Bull Terrier enthusiast for many years when that is not the case. Her advice is helpful to many and often provided to those who have more experience with the breed than her. Her first Bull Terrier was Bowzer which she recently had put down because he had aggression problems. Her second was a female that she rendered to a rescue shelter because she was in need of medical care. Sadly, she was recently put down. She's currently raises 2 beautiful Bullies that I hope will make it to see their senior years. Sometimes I feel breeders should learn the breed well by raising them and getting ample experience with them before deciding to become a breeder. Just an opinion, but many breeders aren't too fond of my opinions I've stated on my "Finding a Reputable Bull Terrier Breeder" article. That article always seems to hurt the feelings of other breeders who wish to retaliate vice conform to proper standards which others would respect.

I've always had the ability to get along with everybody and I'd drop on a dime to help someone out when the asked. However, I also have the ability to realize when others are ungrateful and disrespectful. Sometimes it's exceptable and other times it's not. Danielle's gainful participation on this forum will be missed but her disrespect won't.

- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Ah! that's a shame. I did value her different perspective, her love of Bullies and her passion. So sad, but I guess it can't be helped.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Verry sad as she as well as Steve and others helped me a lot with many issues the biggest one being Brutus. I have to say I was a bit surprised when she put down Bowzer as she was so helpful with Brutus and seemed to be so encouraging and supportive with his rehab then at the end put her " naughty black sheep down " :( I wish her well and hope she is successful. The eerr of our ways is sometimes a very hard pill to swallow.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It is sad. However, I think in due time she'll realize the route cause to her anger is assuming people are belittling her. Could be a complex problem but who knows. I'm sure in due time she'll mature enough to realize life is too short to stir trouble with others. I was very shocked by the things she said to me and I'm in high hopes she decides to apologize for the vulgarity, threats, and slander.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Oh that's a shame but no u cant have people being narsty shes always helped me with advise and soo on as I only been on here a few weeks . Maybe shell say sorry .
  • I wouldn't hold my breath. And what the hell...surrendering a bullie to a shelter because it needs medical care? Certainly I don't know any details of this. But on its face I find that disgusting. Sorry, but I have little sympathy for that.
  • edited June 2013
    (Nasty Comments by Danielle Deleted)

Danielle - Your comments were viewed by all, found to be profound lies by all, and completely unappreciated by all. Your hateful and bitter words have been deleted as nobody on this forum wishes to condone your ignorance and childish behavior. Please do everyone a favor and refrain from further communication. Your hostility, lack of integrity, and warped character is not welcome here.

• edited May 2013
    Wow...just....Wow. Well I guess that explains surrendering a female to animal rescue so it could be put down. 'Nuff said.
  • I don't believe that was the appology we were hoping for #-o
  • And speaking of bashing.... :-q
  • I really have a lot to say about this but out of respect for my friend sitting on the other end of this forum, I will contain myself. First, I do not see Zerlett' s connections with Bullies of NC and puppy mills or that BNC mass produce puppies. If anyone ever has questions about this they can come speak with me as I see these dogs everyday from my back yard. No one treats their animals will more love, respect and devotion than Steve and Julie. I now own a puppy from Bullies of NC. I can not wait to start training for shows, because my breeder offers the best quality and standards. Apollo's litter was filled with happy, beautiful and healthy pups. There is a reason there are 20+ people on a waiting list. I say, better off without the drama. I know what a good knowledgeable breeder looks like. Bullies of NC hold themselves to higher standards. You can't understand this unless you have watched the love in one man's eyes as he holds and talks to a 6 week old puppy.
    The saddest part of this whole subject is the fact that this entire forum was initiated solely for those who wish to read about and post productive subject matter that everybody enjoys to read. This topic is surely not on track to the goal and purpose of the Forum. Professionally I should just delete the entire page but I fear if I do than I may not be helping Danielle better herself as a person or future breeder. With this said the following message is truly meant for Danielle who seems to feel it necessary to slander me on a subject that I hold dear to the heart - My Bullies.  For all others save yourself the time to read any further.

-----------------------------

I'm utterly shocked how disrespective you are after all that help I have provided you when you asked for guidance with breeding before you barely knew how to spell the words Bull Terrier. Instead you try your best to slander my Kennel name with false accusations and assumptions due to my decision to ban you from this forum. I understand how upset you are that I banned you but you're blatant disrespect is intolerable. If I were to copy and paste your text messages that you sent me to this post you wouldn't have one single person feeling sorry for you.

One thing is for sure, you know nothing about me at all. You have never even seen one of my dogs. Yes, I had 2 litters last year and one this year. You struggle with your attempts to label me as a puppy miller which you know if far from true. Anyone that has taken the time to view our website probably realizes after reading it that there are 4 of us that comprise "Bullies of NC" - Myself and wife Julie, and Craig and his wife Terri who reside in Jacksonville, NC. As much as I would like to say I am the sole owner of all the Bull Terriers listed on our website I can't because Craig and Terri have their own family of Bullies with them. However, we are partners within the Kennel name, best friends, and share the same passion and love for the breed. Besides us, please note we advertise for (4) other reputable AKC breeders in and out of the state. You may see plentiful of puppies from time to time advertised by us but research a little more into the who exactly is the breeder and to what kennel the litter is coming from. Please note - Between all kennels this year that Bullies of NC has advertised for (and found the best possible homes), only two litters have been produced thus far. One from us and the other from a Private Breeder that we offered stud service for.

Danielle too many people now a days conduct thorough research when purchasing a quality dog that will become a part of their family. Reputation is something that is important to most. As an AKC affiliated breeder for many years we've earned a pretty darn good reputation. We know exactly where we stand within AKC and we're pretty proud of it. I understand many other breeders (like yourself) may not like seeing us on the top of the list but they shouldn't feel threatened or challenged and resort to bad talking about us when they have never met us, our dogs, or the environment they are raised in.

I'm shocked you think I bashed you when you know I kept my mouth shut about a lot of things I could have said to truly bash you. I mentored you for the last 2 years with an open heart. Hell I even made you a logo for your Kennel name when you asked for assistance. There were so many facets of breeding practices I walked you through for the mere sake of knowing it would help in the aspect of developing healthy puppies. Many breeders keep their knowledge and experience to themselves because they don't wish to see others successful. Not me, the way I figure the more people know the better off it will be for the breed.

Please understand my patience grew thin as I would read your posts to people on this forum providing them with resolutions to their Bull Terriers problems with aggression or even health detriments when you failed to provide this kind of assistance to your own dogs who unfortunately (both) ended up being put down. Many people appreciated your replies as most were researched by yourself and then answered. It was during the times that you provided innaccurancies where I corrected you that upset you dearly. Reread the post on your views with PLL that were completed false and misleading for others. Due to your common and high volume of replies to posts many people assumed you had vast experience with Bull Terriers and didn't even realize you just graduated High School a few years ago and before you even raised one decided to pursue breeding them. In all fairness, you do not have the knowledge on the breed that you pretend to have. I knew this a long time ago and should have stopped your crusade to become a mentor to others that in all actually have more experience with raising dogs than you. Yes, I think you should raise a dog to a ripe old age before you decide to become a breeder. You now have 2 fresh new puppies to replace your other 2 bullies that never got the opportunity to grow old. I truly hope they become a life long companion for you this time.

You mention that I haven't accomplished anything in 20 years. I beg to differ. Let me tell you a little secret. I retired as a Master Sergeant in the Marine Corps after 21 faithful years. At that time I only had a few dogs. All my time was dedicated to the Corps. No, I didn't show my dogs, I simply loved them. Back when you were popping pimples in Junior High I was sitting in the big kitty litter box on the other side of the world dedicated to protecting you and every other American. I am so thankful I've always had a loving wife at home that would tend to our kids as well as to the dogs we raised. During those years my time at home was always cherished. No, I didn't put my dogs in a kennel and drive state to state and allow them to prance around the ring in hopes of coming home with a ribbon so I could call myself a good breeder. Now that both Craig and I are retired from the military we are participating in shows and doing pretty darn good. This is the appropriate time for us to show and expand our breeding practices. Here's something that most all who are actually reading this will agree with and something you may not even realize. You know that feeling you get when you a judge that just looked at your dog for 3-4 minutes and handed you ribbon? Well that feeling doesn't come close to the feeling a breeder gets when someone that purchased a puppy from you calls you many years later simply to thank you for providing them with a dog that has made a profound impact on their life and their families. Years of love from an owner, not 3 minutes from a judge. I hope one day you get to feel that experience. If so, it will motivate you and dedicate you with the reassurance that what you're doing is more rewarding than anything. As for the dogs that get placed in a kennel, travel many miles by car, and get to do one lap around a ring - if they could talk they'd tell you they'd have more fun going for a 2 hour walk through the woods with you and come home with a stick in their mouth than a ribbon in your back pocket. People that visit your dogs in person will know their quality immediately and they won't be looking for a ribbon to prove it to themselves. You and I both know it's very easy to show a dog and complete a dog into CH. You stacked your dogs with your friends at the last show just to make a major and then bragged about it on the forum because you knew nobody would know what you did. I'll refrain from details because I don't wish to embarrass you.

I have true dedication to our Bullies and I'm with them 24/7. I don't leave them in a rental apartment in a kennel while I go to work for 8 hours. Many, many people have come to our residence to view our family of bullies and not one has left without being thoroughly impressed. As my website depicts, I welcome any and all. Many on this forum have actually been here and are going to catch you in a lie just as stated on the post above this one.

Now I could have deleted this entire page and said nothing but I'm in high hopes my words are a wake up call for you to adjust your character, respect those that have helped you, contain yourself from making up false accusations about me or anyone else within Bullies of NC. I never, a day in my life, called you on the phone and I don't think I ever will. It's you that's always called me for advice or guidance which I've always done regardless of my personal feelings about your premature ambition to breed Bull Terriers. I will always dedicate myself to help others in any way that I can - it's called true passion for the breed and moral character. I pray you learn these traits. Until then you will find your name banned on every forum you participate in like this one and the one below:

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Previously I wanted to close this subject and put it behind us. However, after the exposure to Danielle Charlet's immoral decisions to put one of her Bull Terriers down and drop the other one off at a rescue (which got put down anyway) I received several messages in regard to some others who have had run ins with Danielle. Due to all the truly nasty things I've heard and researched to be found true I'm more than happy to at least let the public know about Danielle's morals, and integrity so others aren't dealt with the same misfortunes.

Many are already aware about the story in regard to Danielle's male Bull Terrier named Bowzer. Danielle raised Bowzer from a small puppy and regardless of her "dedication" towards training she explained that he had deep seated issues which couldn't be corrected. She made Bowzer out to be a monster. Photo's of Bowzer even with her other Dogs didn't portray him as such. A couple weeks before Danielle decided to end Bowzers life she made attempts to find a home for him. She kept her adds out of the lime light of normal means of adoption so she wouldn't be ridiculed by other breeders and breed enthusiasts. Here's a post she made in (of all places) a truckers forum: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/experienced-truckers-advice/195600-dog-for-truck-drivers-free.html. After reading her post most would find this dog needed an appropriate home not a death sentence. She fooled me and many others into thinking Bowzer was beyond help.

Here's a sad story from another breeder who recently contacted me. His name is Juan Lopez from Ca. Here's his facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/juan.lopez.1884787. This story will shock everybody that has spoken with Danielle in the past and trusted her. Juan and Danielle agreed to a deal involving the sale of one of Juan's puppies, now named "Claxxton." Juan provided Danielle with Claxxton with an agreement that when the time came for her female "Ellie - Reach for the Sky Electra of Zerlett" to come into heat Danielle would bring Ellie to Juan for stud service. Once the puppies were born Juan would receive one puppy for trade for providing Danielle with Claxxton and one puppy for Stud Services. While awaiting for her dog Ellie to come into heat Danielle managed to convince Juan to provide her with full registration papers on Claxxton so she could show him. Once Ellie came into heat she was taken to Juan so he could breed her to one of his nicest Studs. Weeks later Ellie was confirmed pregnant. Juan was a little concerned about the litter because he knew Danielle was not providing Ellie with proper prenatal vitamins and adjusting her diet accordingly for a healthy litter. The litter was born and unfortunately only one puppy survived. That puppy was named "Rupert." The small litter obviously messed up plans to provide 2 puppies to Juan as agreed upon. With this said, Juan asked that Danielle pay for Claxxton and provide half the cost of a puppy for the birth of Rupert. Danielle came up with a plan of her own. She decided to keep Claxxton (without paying for him) and register Rupert under a different stud obviously falsifying AKC registration papers. This left Juan completely ripped off for Claxxton as well as ripped off on a puppy from a stud service he conducted for Danielle. Juan tried numerous times to get Danielle to come clean and reimburse him appropriately. However, Danielle somehow finds it humorous by laughing at him. She knew Juan would be very mad so Danielle began slandering him and his kennel name on Facebook. (Sounds familiar, huh?). Although it's clear that Danielle really likes Juans Bloodlines she keeps this fact to herself while tormenting him on social networks and text messages.
    Juan speaks Spanish and has difficulties communicting in English but he's made it very clear that his dealings with Danielle Charlet have devastated his entire family. I've pursuaded Juan to take this incident to AKC and let them know what happened. The intent is to mandate a DNA be conducted on Rupert who was given to one of Danielle's friends Janice Reyes. The DNA will prove the sire to be false thus disqualifying Ruperts AKC registration. Based on the history and allocations against Danielle this information could very well ban her from AKC which in all reality would be a very good thing.
    To add salt in the wounds. Juan also explained that his partner who breeds Bull Terriers and share the same kennel name and bloodlines (much like Craig and I) recently had a new litter. As much as Danielle likes this bloodline and realizes they will provide full registration unlike most other reputable breeders she came up with a plan to have two of her friends act as interested buyers of one of the puppies. Her friends drove out to the residence and actually purchased one of the puppies for Danielle. After exchanging money and receiving the AKC registration papers Danielle couldn't hold back from rubbing it in Juan's face that it was actually her receiving the puppy she named "GUS." Here was her nasty message to Juan right after her friends picked the puppy up:

In a nut shell, Danielle put down 2 of her older dogs, ripped Juan off for Claxxton, ripped Juan off on stud service, falsely registered Rupert under the name of an incorrect sire, purchased a different puppy knowing the breeder would never want one of his puppies in her possession, and now Danielle laughs about the whole thing calling him stupid while bashing his kennel name.

Yes, I think others need to be made aware of a breeder of this hideous nature.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
This discussion has been closed.