Skip to content

The Shock Factor

edited May 2013 in General
These two dogs are not related and they are both males. These dogs are what I like to consider the extremes in this breed, and bred for the sheer shock factor. It's a nightmare if you ask me. They are good to breed to dogs with little or no head and profile, but still ugly themselves. There are people out there that go nuts for this sort of thing. And you wonder when enough is enough...how much head is too much?
936418_4006116530874_1458327247_n.jpg
450 x 303 - 19K
941463_466330490110136_615363227_n.jpg
720 x 960 - 170K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yeah! I agree, that's a bit much.... Some mother will love that face... and I am sure the character is still fabulous.... but why do it???/

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Eww, that 2nd pic especially is just... mutated looking
  • The bull terrier is a head breed. Based on the quality of head first and bodies second (big bones, substance, spring of rib ect) being a head breed the emphasis on the head is huge. It's not uncommon to hear me or others comment on the head of a dog or that the profile is strong or weak. This breed is an extreme breeding meaning the differences on this breed range from low to high. There is such huge major differences in this breed that I don't think you see in other breeds. In every breed there is a fad or people who like or want to take it to the extreme, it wows and shocks people, it's different and people yearn for it. For me it's a disaster waiting to happen and just how much further can or will it go? Can the heads get more extreme than this?