Skip to content

Car sickness, all of a sudden

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
Our kids are six months, and until last week they loved the car. Here everything is a distance... 40 minutes to the beach, 30 minutes to the store... But suddenly, separately, they started getting car sick. She normally goes out with my wife, he with me, and we both realized that when we got on the highway they started whining, holding their heads in front of the air vent, diving for the footwell. Local roads, slow speeds, typically with the window open... No problem. But as soon as you pick up speed... Anyone have a clue why the sudden change, or any idea how to combat it... Obedience class is 45 minutes down the highway and they don't get there in the mood to learn!!!
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• hmmm that is strange. I dont have a dog that gets car sick. But if you can help it, maybe it will help for them not to look out the window...are they throwing up?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Bull Terriers are so damn smart and by now yours have well associated the car trip with a rewarding outing at a beach, park, etc where they will have a day of serious fun and excitement. Chances are they are so worked up when they get loaded up in the car and their emotions are going 100mph. Due to all the emotions along with natural movements of the voyage in the car some dogs overwhelm themselves and as the excitement wears down while the travel movement of the car continues it won't be long before you revisit your dogs nutritional breakfast they ate a couple hours prior.

Try this during your next outing - Provide half rations during the morning you've scheduled an outing, walk the dogs for about 5 minutes prior to letting them enter your car knowing they're going for a ride, leave the windows up, crank the A/C, leave the radio off, utilize dog kennels vice free roaming, and ignore them during the trip.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com