Skip to content

so sad bull terriers for sale

edited May 2013 in General
Ive been looking on the net today and can not believe how many ebt r for sale not  young puppys they range from 6 months up to 5 yrs some r due to people moving I just think it heart breaking there is so many its unbelievable what r your views x

Comments

• yes this is common to see in the USA too. What baffles me is the incredibly high prices people will ask for their older dog as well, instead of a very low fee to find them a good home. Poor dogs suffer and lose their families.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2013
    Okay. So many people will disagree with me... But here's my opinion. (As an old fart I'm entitled to it) ..I'm happy to take the flash-back. One of the reasons, if not the main reason, why there are so many tens of thousands of dog euthanizations in USA, every year, is the same reason there are so many hundreds of thousands of abortions.... People don't take responsibility for their own actions and they don't think before they act. In the case of human pregnancy there are abortions and even the morning-after drug being offered to teenagers OTC without their parents consent. In the case of dogs, if people find them troublesome to handle, they take them to the pound, or put them on the net.. I've seen this with my own eyes, they show up at rescue... And say " we bought this for the kids for their birthday, and we can't handle it", they have no shame. When they are told that 80% of returned dogs are put down, they say "whatever" .... This is what young people have become.... In the case of EBTs, even experienced EBT owners know that bringing up Bully is a tedious venture... Imagine how impossible it is for young people who bought the dog with no experience of the breed and because they were "cool" and looked like the Target dog or the Budweiser dog.... They'll be trying to "get rid" of them inside a year AND trying to make their money back... The little A-holes ( sorry Steve, I know that's in contravention of Rule 6 )... Will tell all sorts of stories, like "we have to move"..or " I lost my job"..... In order to sell the dog. Never tell the truth and confess that raising a BT is beyond their comprehension.
    Okay, enough of the rant... Do we think we could get EBT puppy generators to ensure that every buyer has the fortitude to raise the creatures that we love so much?.... Never. But collectively we could try and make sure that the Bull Terrier breed doesn't get abused as much as all the other breeds by trying to ensure that all potential EBT buyers FULLY realize what it takes to raise them BEFORE they buy them. The waiting list for puppies, I think we might agree, is long enough.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @philsergeant - Brilliant response and I concur wholeheartedly.

It is sad and more commonly than not the truth behind them isn't the fact that they are moving or even forced to sell or adopt out their dog. Reality is that they have a young dog completely out of control due to zero training and they are at wits ends with the dedication it requires to raise, train, and commit to any dog.

Regardless of the breed (which includes Bull Terriers) people will always purchase puppies on impulse which often results in finding puppies from puppy millers or backyard breeders that possess some undesirable character faults as well as possible health concerns. Within a few weeks the joy of a new puppy soon disapates and the commitment to train and care for them goes out the window. Give it a few more weeks of neglect and they've got themself a wild adolscend puppy with size, power, and total craziness. It's about that time the local paper has a new add showing a 6 month old puppy for sale that needs a good home due to a move or some other bogus excuse. Even when people come see the puppy and he or she jumps around wildly for attention they will happily explain that the dog gets overly excited when people come over and doesn't normally act that way.

In truth though, there are still those that conduct thorough research prior to purchasing a puppy that they have intentions on adding to their family as a new member. The research conducted is done with the deliberate purpose to avoid the breeders with no reputation or breeding to make money without a care in the world about the quality and health they are developing. However, these type of puppies are often priced appropriately based on the pedigree value they've earned. Personnel purchasing a puppy of this nature are usually committed to raising the puppy properly and permanently.

How often have you gone to Walmart and seen people selling a litter of Pit Bull puppies from the back of their pickup truck with a card box sign saying "Pit Pups $300"? Yep, looking for the impulse buyers wanting a cute little puppy. They sell too. I can't exactly say that many don't end up at the local shelter after heath issues or aggression show up. Others end up in the paper as free give a ways to "good homes" after people have gotten bored with them. Heck, the financial commitment wasn't that much to really worry about as a loss so if nobody wants them off they go to the shelter. Now I could be wrong but I think if the same puppy was at the Walmart parking lot for $1500 there would have been a little more thought involved in the purchase.

Sadly, people are breeding BT's with the same concept and could care less about health, temperament, quality, etc. You can find them all day long on PuppyFind.com, NextDayPets.com, and Hoobly.com. There will always be plenty of nasty breeders out there until individual states pass strict laws and regulations. However, I still lack sincere pity on those that don't conduct proper research on a puppy prior to purchase to ensure it will have the qualities expected to fit into the lifestyle and normality of common family functions and everyday life.

I pray there will come a time where harsh regulations are implemented on breeders. Until then we will continue to see MANY puppies and dogs being resold, adopted, and even forfeited due to poorly bred dogs and piss poor owners who can't commit to raising a dog appropriately.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2013
    Perfectly measured and thoroughly analyzed ! I say let's disband the IRS and spend the money that we waste on that unbalanced and ill-begotten enterprise on finding these parasites and hanging them from the goolies in the town square ... ( oops, there I go, breaking rule 6 again!)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That would be nice but in today's society even the thought of thinking about it would be considered a crime. Maybe if we tell them they are wrong, give them a hug, and provide some free money from the government in case we hurt their feelings they may stop their wicked ways. Isn't that that proper protocol here in the country now a days? Shame on you Phil for using common sense and logic! :-B

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thank u guys for your comments and I totally agree with what u r saying they was my thoughts exactly in the uk this is a big problem for a start there r to many people breeding dogs that do not really care about the puppies just the money they think they can make they dont think about mating two dogs that have good temprements or about the care if these puppies ie food fleaing worming etc etc just the other day I was stopped with sophie as I been taking her out carring here just to get her used to noises and people etc and someone asked me am I mating her I replied with a firm no one she's a pet and two I know nothing  about raising a litter of puppies she continues to say u really should and I replied with I just told u I jnow nothing about breeding so why would I I jyst walked away this is how alot of people r they just breed dogs evenbif they dont jnow anything about doing it soooi wrong. 
    A lot of owners do say Im moving etc which I know is probaly a lie with alot if them or there say has brilliant temrement etc but just cant keep them soo sad . We have a lot of puppy farms in the uk its terrblie u really dont know what u r buying and its not the dogs faught these people who do this should be put down them selfs we hace a pet store than is known for breedingcfrom puppy farms they have protesters out side there shop all the time yet there still open baffles me to why unless someine getting a back hand thats what they say .