Skip to content

update in sophie constant biting

Hi guys hope u and your bullys r doing well . Just thought id update u on sophie nipping she has improved so much its unbelievable she only doing it a little bit. She knows the sit command very well now I'm now working on the down  command I love the way she does her scobby doo before she sits for her dinner .im also following the NILF training with her I have to do things 100 per cent correct because I think given half the chance she could become dominate so no more on my bed lol she also held herself in her crate from 11pm till half 5 which is fantastic with no mess . I was wondering should I feed her with my other dog or not ive been feeding her away from him because she wants to eat his food which she cant have hut I dint want to cause food aggression towards my other dog .

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I'm glad your beauty is pleasing you.... it's like a marathon, when you finally cross the finish line you're exhausted but well pleased.... with your performance more than hers!  I think the sooner you can get them sharing the same eating area/ time, the better.... at least you'll be able to restrain her/ teach her earlier.... as long as you stand between them while they eat, to make sure nothing gets out of hand.... after a while they'll ignore each other.  Make sure you pick up their bowls as soon as they are done... no reason to go near the other guys', even if they've finished.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks phil she is so adorable even if I go to the shops I cant wait to get back to her I hate being apart frim her I ve always loved this breed but now I have fallen head over heels in love with them . Zeus has no priblem with her going near his bowl I dont want her to become food agreesive by feeding them apart  its ive only been feefing them seperate because she wants his food lol .
    She must learn to respect his space. Otherwise, although he doesn't mind, she'll start to be protective over his food too...like his bed that she shares, that's fine until she starts to show any signs of "it's hers"... that'll need be stomped on.  Why don't you take her to the store if you can't stand to leave her.?.. teach her how to behave in the car and put her in the cart so she gets used to people/ noises/ other dogs.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • We cant take dogs in the shops here I would if I could lol she does not leave my other dog alone he does tell her off but not enough for her to stay away I have to seperate them threw out the day to give him a break hes to old and its not fair on him poor soul . Should I stop her going in his bed its not very offen she does .
  • Sophie today
    20130520_172349-1.jpg
    1468 x 1472 - 912K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Cool Picture! She's a little white Terror! =:)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Lol and she looks like she has the devil in her with those eyes .
  • send her to me for a nice vacation so i can love on her she is so gorgeous! Glad to hear her nipping is under control.
    edited May 2013
    Danielle, I already offered to send her the air ticket so she can come vacation in Sunny Florida and got turned down ... So you're SOL. (who wants to go to Lost Wages anyhoo?) =))
  • Lol she cant leave her mummy .
  • Hello everyone --  I'm sorry to ask anyone to revisit an old discussion, but I'm hoping for some tips on how to keep Barney from mouthing everything and everyone. I know he's trying to play and be affectionate, but those little needles hurt, and he's getting to be quite unpopular with his dog sister and brother and his cat (whom he adores, in a completely unrequited way). I'm practically living with a bottle of bitter apple in one hand to spray on every electrical cord he puts into his mouth,  but aside from bathing all of us (and all the critters) in it, I'm not sure how best to stop the mouthing. I was hoping that I could get advice from reading about beautiful Sophie's journey, but I seem to see only the resolution.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Beth1708 - No worries about bringing up an old topic and feel free to initiate a new topic of your own which may be on a similar subject. This subject has been brought many times actually and it you use the search bar at the top right and look up nipping and biting you're sure to find other discussions which may help you.
    Most young Bull Terrier puppies go through a stage of biting and chewing anything they can put in their mouth. It takes constant supervision to prevent them chewing up shoes, slippers, base boards, electrical cords, etc.
    Yes their puppy teeth are as sharp as needles and while they're teething they want to chew, chew, chew. Just as soon as all their teeth baby have come in it seems like they're back to square one with teething as their adult teeth are coming in.
    If there was a secret trick to get them to stop teething, nipping, and being an occasional annoyance from time to time I wish I knew it. There's no question Bull Terrier puppies need to be disciplined every once in a while and one of the first words they learn is "NO!
    Just realize it's just a stage BT puppies go through and soon enough it will come to an end. With patience, training, and proper discipline it will end sooner vice later.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks for the loving advice. I know he's just being a pup -- and I know that he has to work out his own relationships with his critter siblings. I have to remember what my old lab (now gone) was like when he was a puppy. He ruined furniture all through the house -- and was the nicest, best dog possible. I have two teenagers, so it's a real trick to keep the power cords off the floor. It's such a fun adventure so far to have a little EBT. Barney is so fun. My husband is just crazy about him -- and he's had a long road to becoming a dog lover, for sure. I didn't notice the search bar -- that will be helpful!

We're starting puppy classes January 14th! I need it as much as he does!