Skip to content

help with changing from raw to kibble

Hi hope someone can help me,i have always thought raw was best for my Bullies but Sallys coat has always seemed dull,i saw Bullkas
post with his dog having a bald spot on top of his head Sal has the same and now Lam is starting to get a bald patch on top of his head when we got sal at 8 weeks she had a small scab on top of her head and I picked it off so when she developed the bald patch on top of her head I thought it was where I had picked off the scab.She had her 6 month check at vets when I mentioned the bald patch they took a scraping but nothing was found she has had 2 scapings since and all have been negative for anything nasty,so I am now thinking it's down to diet,they have supplements daily including salmon oil,they have no nasty lumps or bumps and are not itching.
After reading posts on here I can see a lot of people rate Victor dog food I have looked at buying this the only place I can get it is Amazon and it costs £40 plus for 2.1kg bag which I cannot afford for the amount they would get through each month,I have been on a few dog food rating sites and there are 2 which keep cropping up TASTE OF THE WILD and MILLIES WOLFHEART,if someone could give me some advice I would be so grateful

Comments

• Just been having a read of Steve's website and he rates Acana dog food I can get this in the UK,but just wondering which food Liam should be on he is 24 weeks should he be on the puppy/junior or the large breed puppy
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I recommend that, before selecting a food type or brand, if your kid has skin/coat or other lack-lustre condition that is probably related to an allergy.. that you have an allergy test done. There are a few online services that will send you a sample collection kit and you send it in and will get a full report of what foods and ingredients cause issues and which don’t. It is amazing how different dogs are and which foods have a negative effect on them. Some react badly to beef, others to fish, others to potato, or peas. There is little point selecting and trying a brand unless you know what ingredients to avoid. Our boy can eat just about anything yet his sister had a lot of difficulties until we understood the test and she is great now we avoid the negative results on her report. Well worth doing.
    88233E14-BE43-4768-9355-87DC942DE71A.jpeg
    3024 x 3100 - 3M
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There's a gland on the center of their head. It can sometimes become an issue with some BT's. The bald spot often is the size of a dime and has a hard texture. Kind of like a drop of glue got on the dog. The hair will be very short or bald. It's no different than "Stud Tail" only it affects the gland on the center of their head.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thankyou Steve we say the bald patch looks like a sim card,both Liam and Sals patch has very short hair