Skip to content

Sloppy drinker

So I am just wondering...Are ALL EBT's sloppy drinkers?!?
As you can see in the pic Miss Ella is quite messy at the water dish.
The rug is always wet. I had to throw out the previous one because it got moldy.
IMG_20170405_211250879.jpg
4320 x 2432 - 2M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    We give ours ice with a bit of water and put their water bowls on towels... best limiters we can find to slippery floors.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • AmyJoAmyJo Kansas
    I believe I am going to get a boot tray to place the water dish in.
    The rug I have it on now is more of a rubber mat so it shouldn't mold. The boot tray will at least keep it contained a little more. 
  • I love the idea of a boot tray! We also pit a towel under the water dish and change it every day so the tile floor doesn't get moldy. We also switched her water dish to a slow-feeder food bowl and it has really cut down how much drips back off her mouth
  • AmyJoAmyJo Kansas
    The slow feeder food bowl is a good idea but I'm afraid I would be constantly be refilling it.
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Chooba doesn't lap water like most dogs, he bites at it. I tried to break the tendency when he was a pup but never could. Half the water he gets in his mouth falls right back out and it takes longer to get his fill. Its not just a loud process it not very efficient.
    I did the towel thing, tried floor mats ect, but tired of the constant changing.
    Adding ice cubes just encourages them to grab one and play keep away with the lacking brother.

Now his water dish sits in the middle of an 18" x 36" short walled Tupperware storage bin. All the water that falls out lands in the bin. I just empty and wipe down once a day.
    I do the same with both Chooba's and Boomer's food as they at times find it funny to make a mess.
    This way I keep the messiness localized and contained.

I'm not raising EBTs, I'm raising clowns. :-w
  • AmyJoAmyJo Kansas
    That's a good idea!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I think Bull Terriers are probably the sloppiest drinkers of all dogs. I have a couple that will drink from their bowl in the kitchen and trail the water from their mouth into the living room and onto my lap. They'll do it with a smile on their face too as if they enjoy it immensely. :)
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com