Skip to content

Puppy throwing up water

It seems 9/10 times my little guy goes to drink water he immediately throws most of it up about 30 seconds later. Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    He must be drinking too fast and taking in too much air. I have to admit, must Bull Terriers drink water with ferocity and make a mess while doing so. I think half the water ends up around the water dish with a trail leading to the living room once they've completed and decide to drip water everywhere.

Many young Bullies will drink with speed and purpose as though they haven't had a sip of water in days. Often this can lead to throwing up a little due to sucking down air while in a speed drinking race. However, as time goes by they get the knack of it and learn to slow down while drinking. However, I can't say they learn to be neat about it because many love making a mess when drinking water. :D

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My female still does it and she's 2!!! That's funny Steve I get wet socks everyday all day and thought I might be alone, its one of my husbands pet peeves over MY DOGS!!! :D
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Wow! Goes to show how different Bullies are one to another.. Of the 5 bullies that we have owned ( that's not the right term is it)... Of the 5 bullies we have had as family members, we have found them all to be quite "danty" drinkers. As opposed to my son's Giant Schnauzer who doesn't drink, just soaks his huge beard in the bowl and mops the entire floor.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Only Tigress will drink with some manners.  Lucian, IzzaBell, Karamel and Isis soak my floor and socks.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • My boy Hank does this also, I found it happens when he drinks after playing hard. try to make him wait for a little bit before drinking
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR