Skip to content

Vaccinations shots

edited April 2013 in General

Hello,

Just needing some general info abot puppies shots...Like, how many shots and different types of shots is normal and approximate cost. How often is a BT suppose to get shots, even as adults?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That question is going to be answered differently by every person that responds since every state has different regulations on their Rabies shot and every Vet has different prices for their vaccinations.

What I suggest that you do is call your local Vetrnarian so they can provide you with the answers since it will be them that's providing the shots and charging you for them.

You can also Google "canine vaccination schedule" and get hundreds of informative websites with information that you may find helpful.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I dont like to over vaccinate, so this is what I do. I give the puppy all his puppy shots, parvo, kennel cough (bordetella) and rabies at about 5 months. I follow up on parvo vaccines when they are a puppy at 6, 9, 12 weeks of age. Parvo is a big problem here, so I make sure they get enough. I get another rabies in a year. Most vets would like to keep vaccinating against parvo and kennel cough vaccines all their life. I do not. Especially since last time the vet gave my dog his kennel cough vaccine he was very sick for a while afterwards. I just do rabies for them the rest of their lives every 3 years.
  • parvo is a huge problem here too my girlfriend had a small mut awhile ago that didnt get vaccinated for it as a puppy and caught it and the vet couldnt save him and had too put the little guy down  :-(( he got so sick it was going around with alot of dogs in my town so im always paranoid about parvo like when my bully sniffs around other dog poop on walks and stuff but shes been vacinated for it twice which the vet said was enough
    its an english bull terrier......not a pitbull dude
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited April 2013
    Moochiesdad, where are you located? Does anyone know the areas where Parvovirus is predominant ? I know every vet will tell you "everywhere", because they want everyone to buy the shot, our kids have had two already... But, as you say, it's scary. (P.S. we're in FL)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I get atleast 3 here in vegas, some vet recommend 4!
  • I live in a small town in Newfoundland which is in Atlantic Canada there has been a huge rash of Parvo outbreaks around town
  • As for my vet saying 2 shots is enough I dunno if anybody else can give there thoughts on if 2 is enough I have read 3 as well on the internet
  • Around here in the bay area (CA), you normally get shots at 8, 12, 16 weeks. Some breeders also vaccinate at 6 weeks as well. Definitely get at least 3 shots.