Skip to content

Growling and biting problem!

My 14 year daughter (as seen in the profile Pic) loves Lola. She always want to sleep with her, cuddle with her, kiss her annnd blow raspberries on her belly. Lola doesn't like that at all. I did it once and she didn't like it. She growled at me and had a reaction. I realized that if it's something she doesn't like I just won't do it. My daughter not so much. Although I warned and disciplined her, she kept doing it when I am not there to see it. Now Lola also growls at her kissing and Saturday she actually bit her chin. It was not but a scratch but I am now very worried. I have asked and ordered my daughter to stay away but I feel that it is not going to work because she loves Lola and has a hard time staying away. I am not there 100% of the time to enforce it and I am worried that a much worse bite takes place. Lola is very playful and sweet. She is also very stubborn as bull terriers are but I never had a problem. Usually, she gets possessive of a new toy or bone but I can get it. She is not aggressive towards other animals in fact she is very submissive towards other dogs. She chases our cat when she gets a chance but she is also scared of her. This situation with my daughter is getting me to think that we may have to give her up for adoption; although that would be devastating to the whole family. However it is my daughter's safety at stake.... I don't know what to do......Please HELP.

Comments

• Is this a training the dog matter or training the daughter matter??
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2017
    @JBird.... good point.... It seems to me much discipline is required in all departments. Not because of the Bull Terrier breed.... even little chihuahuas can be vicious if allowed.... and because of the (more than) typical sloppy relationship between fru-fru dog owners and their pets, these pesky critters are often dangerous little things that can take out an eye.  I like to think that people that take on a Bull Terrier with pre-knowledge of the breed are more capable and serious about making sure that "who is in control" is very well understood.  As Lola says; you can't * around with precious lives and parts..... However, I think that giving up your daughter for adoption is going a little too far though.. :) . Take a deep breath and get everyone on the same sensible page and a wonderful, loving, controlled family can comfortably exist in a relaxed, non-antagonized environment.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.