Skip to content

New mama.

My BT Mya gave birth to 5 healthy, beautiful pups almost 5 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago she came down with Mastitis in 2 of her back teets she has been on antibiotics and is just about done with the dosage. My concern is that occasionally I will find her shivering and panting. Her appetite is great and she is drinking tons of water. No unusual BM's and her urine is pretty clear. Am I just worrying over nothing? Or should I go ahead and take her back to the Vet? Your feed back is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Steve??? Only you.....
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Personally I'd take her back to the Vet. It might be side affects to the meds but based on the excessive drinking of water, shivering, and panting I feel medical attention is well warranted because these are not normal signs. Have you tried taking her temperature? I would also ask the Vet for a kidney test to be conducted based on her excessive drinking of water and the fact that it is a known genetic issue within the breed. Please don't wait, she needs to be seen by a Vet as soon as possible.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Appointment has been made. Thank you for your help!