Skip to content

Bull Terrier Boys (adult eyes only)

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
I thought of letting this experience pass without mention, but then I realized I would be very interested in knowing others' experience and or thoughts on something I have never seen before, and a phenomenon that didn't even know was possible.   Has anyone known that male dogs have "Wet Dreams".... ???.  Marco, (4 years old, still attached), was snoozing under my home office desk, as is typical, and started dreaming and making all the associated noises and convulsions that we are all accustomed to as EBT owners.  He was beginning to make some unusually elevated sounds so I looked down, and just as I did, it happened... The whole thing, the full monty one would say.  Well I don't know if the next loud sound was my jaw dropping, but I had never known this was possible.  I wonder if that's what he dreams about every time??? And I wonder how detailed their dreams actually are.  Poor guy, I really need to try and find him a girlfriend, even a street corner one I guess :-) .
It really does make one think about whether their thoughts and imagination are as limited as many would still like to think....characterizing them as dumb animals.....  I think not.  I wonder how script-full their other dreams are?
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    What an amazing experience, @philsergeant
    I have been a true believer in "animal intelligence" for quite a long time now. And you are right, this may be another sign.

Judging from how vividly they yelp, bark, "talk" and run in their sleep, I think there's a heck lot going on in their dreams. Sometimes it feels like they are even dreaming about things they have never actually experienced, but which rather seem to be imprinted in their instincts and genetics so to speak.
    Like when Djamlia sometimes really starts to twitch and whine and seems so be scared and upset in her dreams - like she is having a nightmare.
    I always wonder what it could be that is terrifying her so much.
    I can not recall any incident in our joint history that would be able to give her such horrors. The only time gap I don't really know about are the first nine weeks of her life in the litter. But she always was the most courageous and meddlesome one among them and her breeder is a good person.

I am really curious to learn, if others can report of similar experiences like the one you've had with Marco.
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Um, no?
    But after reading your post it became multiple room, bed linen laundry day ?
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2017
    @chooba... I had avoided the gory details as much as possible... but now that you bring it up; thank heavens that I have a wood floor in my office and a wet swiffer handy
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Awww, the luxuries of having a male dog vice a stud dog. Be thankful you aren't having to "purge" Marco on a routine basis during the times in which he isn't actively breeding to ensure his sperm count is high, fertility is strong, and his sperm isn't old to the point infection could be a concern to a female he is bred with. How nice it would be if a "wet dream" would be possible once a month to alleviate the need to purge a stud dog.
    Would you like me to go into details on purging?  :))

Collection (2).jpg
    338 x 600 - 64K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @Steve... No! I think I am trying to give the purging details up! I'll leave that to the pros... I have a hard enough time swinging the Swiffer