Skip to content

Bull Terrier Puppy...Maybe?

I was given what I was told was a pure breed bull terrier puppy by a friend after my dog passed away. I personally don't care if it's purebred, or not, but I was curious about it since the photos I was shown of his mom and dad are obviously bull terriers to me. Since the puppy was gifted to me I never got to meet the parents and I don't want to be critical of someone who was just being nice and knew I was looking for a puppy. His parents are registered in Costa Rica, but based on my puppies head it's very hard for me to believe both of these dogs are his parents. He is 7 weeks old, so I know he will grow a ton and things could change. Either way I love him, but I was just curious on other's opinions if it's possible he could be pure EBT with the has. Thanks in advance for your help and opinions!

Below are attached photos of his "so called" parents and him as of two days ago!
IMG_1723.JPG
640 x 640 - 74K
IMG_1727.JPG
933 x 1092 - 254K
IMG_1740.JPG
2016 x 1512 - 910K
IMG_1733.JPG
2016 x 1512 - 1006K
IMG_1709.JPG
2016 x 1512 - 801K

Comments

• It's hard to tell I'm not expert only having owned one but it's still awfully cute!  This was my Chico at 8 weeks old and him now at a year (almost ;))
    image1-20160330-165024114.jpeg
    346 x 426 - 24K
    image2-20160330-165025838.jpeg
    324 x 417 - 21K
    IMG_20161220_193138.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 2M
  • Thank you for your great comparison pics. My pup does look similar to your Chico around that age, so who knows maybe those really are his parents. :) I know my friend wouldn't mislead me, but I just wasn't sure if maybe he was fooled when I first saw the tiny ridge on my puppies head. Either way, I can only hope he turns out half as great looking as your boy!
  • Oh wow! He looks a lot like my 3 month old BT Titus! I had the same question your asking, about mine... but I love my little guy no matter what! Your puppy is adorable! Is your puppy's ears standing yet? I'm still deciding if I want to tape my puppy's ears or not. The pic below is my Titus. 
    IMG_20161225_105945226.jpg
    3006 x 5344 - 5M
  • My puppy's ears aren't standing up yet. One of them wants to, but not yet. I will definitely tape his ears if they don't want to stand up naturally. However, I have a female German Shepherd and plain yogurt and cottage cheese helped her ears stand quickly, so I'm going to start adding a little bit of that to his food.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @akain Wow. He sure is cute. He may not be 100% but if not he is really close. He looks like he was younger than 8 weeks when you received him so you should try and frequently socialize him with other dogs... puppies ideally.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thank you for the feedback. We did get him at 7 weeks and at that point he was the last of his litter, so I know he is going to miss out on that last important week of puppy social interaction. I currently live in Central America and the culture tends to do puppies a little different than I'm use to being from America and having my previous dogs come from amazing breeders in America. I'm working on making sure he is around other dogs/puppies as much as possible. He most definitely has the full bull terrier attitude. Fingers crossed I can pull this one off :)
  • I was able to get him to sit still enough for a profile pic, and by sit still, I mean sleep ;) Maybe, I'm just being extra worried since I didn't personally pick the breeder. He is starting to look a little more like a bull terrier to me each day.
    IMG_1759.JPG
    511 x 640 - 80K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    And hopefully less like a pork roaster :)) :))
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.