Skip to content

Is he or isn't he

Hello everyone! New member here...I recently added a new bully to my life and I was told he is a bull terrier, but I feel like he might be mixed with something else. He looks like a BT and sounds like a BT, but he's awfully small for 3 months age and his ears are closer together and do this little fold at the top...I love my little man no matter what but was just curious as to what everyone saw, any help would be greatly appreciated! Pictures attached are from when he was 8-9 weeks old :)
IMG_20161225_105945226.jpg
3006 x 5344 - 5M
IMG_20161221_123700998.jpg
3006 x 5344 - 4M
IMG_20161224_121741112.jpg
3006 x 5344 - 5M
IMG_20161225_123034623.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 1M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2017
    Oh! I don't know... he is so damn cute it's hard to take your eyes off him long enough to tell whether he is a pure bred..... that face will sink a thousand ships!!! Frankly the nose is a little too concave and his eyes a little too oval to be 100%... but he sure is better looking than an EBT. Please, PLEASE, make sure that his ears stay standing up... tape if necessary.... because he will be a Stunner when he grows if they stay up... This site is for all Bull Terrier lovers so, even if his mum was catching a quicky with the mail man, no worries, please hang around and keep posting photos... he will win your heart with the Bull Terrier spirit and we'd love to hear your experiences.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • philsergeant, thank you very much for your reply! He definitely has some bull terrier in him for sure. I keep struggling with the idea, to tape or not to tape...personally I agree with you and think he would looks absolutely fantastic with his ears standing, but I'm still not too sure. His facial structure does remind me a lot of the earlier BT before the more defined egg shaped head came about. Here's a picture of his mum and dad. I think he gets the little dip in his nose from his dad. His mom is the all white BT and her's also an updated photo of Titus my BT at 3 months old
    IMG_2697.jpg
    496 x 640 - 44K
    IMG_4977.png
    269 x 480 - 164K
    IMG_20170117_210417493.jpg
    3006 x 5344 - 4M
    You gotta tape those ears and give him Knox Gelatine and Cottage cheese.... He will look "killer" with the ears up (No pun intended).

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • He's adorable

He wants his ears up :)
  • Our dogs look very similar as puppies. Mine is still only 10 weeks old, so I'm hoping to see a phone update on your boy! 
  • Well, my little man is definitely a full BT. His ears started standing up on their own around three weeks ago. Which was nice, 'cause I really didn't want to have to tape them :) 

@akain here's a picture of my little man at 13weeks. 
    IMG_20170211_113114498.jpg
    3006 x 5344 - 4M
    Turning into a Rock Star!