Skip to content

junes not listening aggression maybe?

Hi guys! June is sure growing up fast. We started puppy classes and training last week and let's just say she was defiantly the rebel out of the class. I'm a little worried that she is a bit aggressive. I know she is teething right now and it's painful for her but she gets so frustrated on the leash when we are training that she can't play with the other dogs that she snaps at them and me? Is this normal behavior for a bull terrier pup? And the biting is getting harder I don't know if it's because her teeth are hurting her that bad? Any advice? Thanks guys!

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Totally normal for an EBT pup.... Not the best students, they have their own mind. I would try more firm disciplining at home to get better control, more working with small treats. Other dogs will distract their behaviour until 2 years old, easy. Typically teething doesn't hurt them much.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • That wasn't typical of my EBT at dog training. If mine had of displayed any aggression I would have been in big shit ( from the mixed perception of others towards a misunderstood breed). This behaviour is probably normal for any breed puppy ( I've seen aggression from pugs, Maltese, labs, pointers, poodles). But with the general public opinion, this aggression is acceptable from a pup at puppy training as long as it's not from a scary looking breed like an EBT.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I think she said "aggression maybe" and I don't believe the EBT was displaying any aggression.... Being out of control because of an uncontainable desire to play and get to other dogs is very typical behaviour for an EBT pup.... The biting/ nipping is an expression of that same desire... Needs to be controlled? most definitely... but a room full of "puppies" is not the place to try.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • My wife bought me an excellent book called "when pigs fly" by Jane Killion. I have not tried and tested it yet as not getting my puppy for another few months but having owned a few stubborn dogs over the years her book makes a lot of sense. Much of what she says relates to experience of training her own three Bull terriers.