Skip to content

Dry cracking pads

Ella's pads are beginning to become dry and cracked.
I have heard and read that Bag Balm works really well.
Any other advice?
Thank you!

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Virgin coconut oil rubs once or several times a day as necessary.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    If they are deep cracks you may need some more radical attention, please be specific or post photos so we can help best
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Not really bad but I don't want to wait till they are.
    She is my walking buddy and we do a lot of it. :)
    IMG_20161210_222008756.jpg
    4320 x 2432 - 3M
    I would use a product called:  Kerasal... Best you rub it in (sparingly, it's not cheap)... every evening while you watch TV so she can't lick all the money off.... then go to twice a week... after the first week.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks!
    We just ordered the product in the picture so we will give it a run see how we like it.
    Appreciate the response!

Screenshot_2016-12-11-21-39-09.png
    720 x 1280 - 246K
    Be sure to let us know how that one works out...
  • edited December 2016
    The first ingredient (= largest amount in the product) is ... surprise, surprise ... coconut oil.
    Why is everyone spending so much money on things that are available for a fraction in the same quality in the grocery aisle ... $-) $-) $-)

... Just sayin'...
    Sorry, with all the stuff I need for my Bull Terrier, I guess I've started to become a little price sensitive.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK that the product helps as desired!!!
    Because that's just most important! [-O<
    At least, looking at the ingredients, I would expect the product to do a good job on the cracks.
    And after all, nothing can be too expensive for our beloved little ones, right. :)
  • Good point! Lol
    I need to pay more attention.
    I've been using Shea Butter for last couple days but my BF thought he needed to buy the "specialty stuff". So we'll use it up :)
    Yeah, that's why I said, "be sure to let us know"... because they typically don't work.... Like Djammy, I get even madder when I buy stuff that never works "as advertised".... I'd order the Kerasal... (I'm stepping out of line because I know you need a real solution for your walking buddy)...

• I don't see you as being "out of line", just being honest.
    I'll give the stuff a try, if we aren't happy I won't purchase again.
    I am a first time Bully mom so I am learning.           Thank you philsergeant for your honest opinion