Skip to content

Pregnant wife

Hey all,

My wife is just entering the 2nd trimester of pregnancy.  Any tips or suggestions on how to introduce the baby to our two dogs (2 year old Doberman, and 7 month old EBT)? She is due mid-April.  

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Wow! Can't help you with the Doby... [have to confess I only had one in my lifetime, and am not a fan]... But the Bullie will be under a year at birth time... I am sure he won't have any access to "the bundle" for 10 or 12 months... I'd suggest you start introducing them to one another around 8 months old [baby] with 120% supervision... just to let him understand the preciousness of the baby... but by the time the kid begins to toddle, if you keep up the controlled exposure... the Bullie will be around 2 years and will have slowed down to the point that he respects the kids fragility... still 100% supervised.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    ^ Great advice from Phil.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Would you guys also suggest introducing the child's scent through clothes to the dog as well?

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Great idea... in association with yours, [so they are not isolated].... At the risk of exposing the fact that I am a slob.... whenever I shower I dump my clothes outside on the floor {I do get around to putting them in the hamper later!!}.... and when I emerge there's always one or both of the kids lying on top of the pile... they love to associate with the scent of loved ones... So that's a great idea.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.