Skip to content

Max

I got him from a lady who couldn't keep him anymore he is now 4 months and he is up to his shots recently took him to the vet. But I want to know if he's not mixed or something I've been feeding him blue buffalo and for some reason you can see his ribs he eats a lot and drinks lots of water ! Please help me
image.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 3M
image.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 2M

Comments

• He looks much younger than that

Are you sure the age ?

How many times a day and how much are you feeding ?

He is a handsome little guy
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    1] have you had him checked for worms?
    2] repeating the above question, what's he eating now?
    3] by his age his ears should be erect, you may need to help them.
    Regardless of his past he can be grown into a wonderful looking boy...
    Get him on a good diet, tape his ears, and make sure he has no worms, or diarrhea. He has a great soul, you can see that easily...
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited October 2016
    1] have you had him checked for worms?

2] repeating the above question, what's he eatingnow?

3] by his age his ears should be erect, you may need to help them.
    Regardless of his past he can be grown into a wonderful looking boy...
    Get him on a good diet, tape his ears, and make sure he has no worms, or diarrhea. He has a great soul, you can see that easily...
    He looks much younger than that

Are you sure the age ?

How many times a day and how much are you feeding ?

He is a handsome little guy
    I'm pretty sure that he is about 3 months the owner had said he was 2/12 but in his shot paper it says he was born 6/05/16. But I'm sure he is 3 months. I feed him blue buffalo life protection formula chicken and brown rice formula. I feed like 4 times a day full cup and drinks lots of water. I recently took him to the vet and I'm waiting on the poop results because he's been having diarrhea. 
  • What do you guys recommend the type of food to help him get stronger good diet or vitamins?
  • I'm pretty sure that he is about 3 months the owner had said he was 2/12 but in his shot paper it says he was born 6/05/16. But I'm sure he is 3 months. I feed him blue buffalo life protection formula chicken and brown rice formula. I feed like 4 times a day full cup and drinks lots of water. I recently took him to the vet and I'm waiting on the poop results because he's been having diarrhea.
  • If he has diarrhea get him on some beef and rice or chicken and rice and call the vet for worm results

If he gas worms worm him ASAP and start him on a probiotic so,etching like this

There are many good diets do I can only suggest what I do

I feed a base of kibble (currently Fromme) and a mixture of rice , beef or chicken , cottage cheese and an egg

Morning meal is kibble , cottage cheese and egg

Lunch is kibble , cottage cheese , beef or chicken

Dinner same

3 meals a day

I also add a tea spoon of gelatin with every meal

imageimage
    IMG_0482.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    IMG_0458.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M
  • Why the gelatin?

Besides liking erect ears

I copied and pasted this :

Gelatin
    Feeding your dog gelatin has many health benefits. The main amino acid in gelatin is glycine, which carnivores normally get from eating the tendons, skin and cartilage of their prey. If you decide to add gelatin to your dog’s diet, the gelatin MUST be sugar free and fat free. The only two gelatins I personally recommend using are Great Lakes Gelatin and Knox Gelatin. Knox Gelatin is better used for small dogs than large dogs, as the amount needed for large dogs would require larger amounts of the gelatin and would be more costly, however can still be used for large dogs. Great Lakes Gelatin can be fed to all sizes of dogs, and this is the brand I recommend most.
    The main benefits of feeding your dog gelatin are:
    •Protects against seizures and brain damage
    •Has anti-inflammatory actions that can reduce painful inflammation
    •Supports a healthy digestive system
    •Is fat free, cholesterol free and sugar free
    •Helps harder the toe nails
    •Supports cartilage growth and development, especially in the joints and ears
    •Can help prevent arthritis, arthrosis and other degenerative joint disorders and diseases
    •Strengthens tendons, ligaments, muscles and bones
    •Supports a good coat, good skin and blood cell growth
    •Increases alertness and energy
    Things to know about using gelatin:
    •NEVER use regular/dessert gelatin, such as Jello
    •Sweeteners in regular/dessert gelatin can cause seizures and death
    •The gelatin is most beneficial if fed from an early age as a preventative to avoid joint problems in the future, but can start being fed at any age which will still improve health
    The gelatin is fed as a powder, sprinkled over your dog’s food. However, you can also make the gelatin and turn it into its jelly-form and feed it to your dog as a fun treat. It is easier to use Knox Gelatin for the treats, as it already comes in packets and directions for use. Pour the mixed liquid into ice cube trays and put in the fridge until it is chilled and reaches its jellied form. You can also put small pieces of apple, carrot, blueberries and other healthy foods in the ice tray before you put it in the fridge to harden. One pack of Knox Gelatin may require more than one ice cube tray, but they can be easily stored in a sealed container in the fridge. Putting a piece of plastic wrap between each layer can allow you to stack the pieces on top of each other without them all sticking together. Remember, although you are using gelatin for the treats, you do not have to reduce the amount of the powdered form you add to your dog’s food. A dog’s diet should not be changed because of treats, regardless of what the treat is made up, whether is it gelatin, chicken, beef, etc. Adding a little extra gelatin will not harm you dog at all, the serving size is just a general idea as to how much is needed to benefit your dog.
    Gelatin Serving Chart
    Dog’s Weight Serving
    10-25 pounds ½ teaspoon
    25-50 pounds 1 teaspoon
    50-75 pounds 2 teaspoons
    75-100 pounds 1 tablespoon
    100+ pounds 1 ¼ tablespoon
    **Feed as a powder twice a day. Serving size is per meal, not per day.
    Most packages of Knox Gelatin come in packets of 4, so you will find it easier to buy a few boxes at a time and combine it all into a container or re-sealable bag.

• Btw I take a tablespoon of the same stuff in a protein shake every day :)

• At what age can you start the gelatin?
    Hi Robzilla... I don't believe we have heard from you before, correct me if I'm wrong.... How old is your BullieBaby?  He should be able to handle a sachet of Knox Gelatin on his food once a day from about 3 months... Are his ears droopy?,... Photos help.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I am new here. He will be 8 weeks in a few days. I just got him. He is still little so not much concern on his ears at the moment, but was curious on the age they could have it mixed in. I did read other health benefits from the gelatin so it seems like a good idea. 
    @JParanee ... Does it help your ears stand up??? :D
  • Yes and what's left of my hair and fingernails are hard :)