Skip to content

The value of this space

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
edited April 2013 in General
I've only been coming here for two months. I think it's time that the visitors here confess as to how valuable this forum really is. I can't, frankly, imagine what we'd do without it. I'd say that there should be a charge for the privilege of hearing all the Bully Owners' advise and struggles ( except I hate to see Steve rich! It'd ruin him) ... But it sure is a valuable resource, as far as I can see, unequalled.... So, Pay your dues all of you, and give a shout out to BoNC for hosting such tremendous support for those of us that try to love bullies as much as they deserve!
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• Amen!! Steve and Zerlett saved my boys life because of their knowledge and love of this breed! Second Steve needs to get to writing that book and I want a copy! Third thanks to all the others as well for all the support and input as well! This is a truley helpfull forum as it was intended to be!! \m/
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • I agree! Thanks guys for all you do!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I appreciate the kind words. I've always enjoyed talking to people about their Bull Terriers and providing advice with whatever I could.

Although I've been a true dog lover my whole life it wasn't until my wife and I bred our dogs and had our first litter of puppies in 1996 that we knew it was something that we both enjoyed and were very proud of. Since that time we've been blessed with Many litters all of which we cherished and were so proud of.

Much like all of you, I too conducted tedious research and reached out to others for advice. Much good advice was learned from others. However, most of the knowledge I've gained was through first hand experience especially when it came to raising and breeding Bull Terriers. Years ago it seems like it was easier to talk to people than it is today especially in the Bull Terrier network. That's one of the reasons I try my best to provide as much information to people as possible because I realize others can be rude as well as provide people with a lot of bologna.

Now a days it's easy to find a plethora of information on any subject through the internet and social networks. I sure wish Facebook was around back in the day when we first started breeding. However, much of what I see and read on Facebook from other breeders is very disappointing and sometimes disturbing. Currently there are so many "fly by night" breeders out there looking to make a quick dollar all the wrong ways.

After retiring from the Marine Corps from 21 years of service it's a pleasure to be able to commit to raising, breeding, and showing Bull Terriers. Years ago it was my wife Julie who looked after litters and most of the work while I worked full time or was on a deployment. Now I'm blessed to commit 100% of my time to my Bullies now that I'm retired. I speak to people every day on the phone and through email. It actually takes up much of my day but I enjoy it.

I enjoy meeting other breeders as well that are young and new to the breed that are looking for advice on breeding properly and professionally with the goal of producing quality Bull Terriers that compliment the breed standards. Danielle from Zerlett Kennels is a good example of a new breeder who may not have developed a bloodline of her own yet but has good ambitions to breed for quality and health. I wish her and many others luck in their persuit to become reputable breeders.

This forum is still very new and was created about 2 years ago after I was disgusted by the things people were saying in other forums and the way new owners were spoken to and treated. Today these other Forums are still run over riden with club members who think just because they see their name on a club roster it makes them a subject matter expert with the authority to condemn all other breeders outside their club as well as critisize other peoples dogs. These aren't the type of people I like to associate with thus the reason for developing a new forum called "Strictly Bull Terriers." :D

Although this Forum is new its already climbed up to the top of the list in search engines due to the amount of traffic it receives. However, 90% of the traffic is from readers only. Lately though we've been receiving more and more new users who are joining in with posts. I think this is awesome and I encourage more and more people to do so.

This Forum is a great place for everyone to post their own questions and answers as well as show off their Bullies. It will always be free and everyone's experience and opinions matter. We're all Bull Terrier enthusiasts that share the same love and passion for the breed and I enjoy reading all the posts from everyone.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com