Skip to content

Poor Chico

I took Chico to the vet today because in the last couple months his skin has gotten worse and worse I've tried probiotics, benadryl for the itching, soothing baths,  flea and tick medicine in case it was from that,  switching his food, I've put pure organic coconut oil in his food since I've had him and nothing's helped so I took him in and they did a skin scrap and she said she seen alot of demadex mange mites on the skin scrapes so now he's on an antibiotic chephalexin, an itch reliever hydroxyzine, and nexgard which is supposed to help with the mites and fleas and ticks. I feel so bad for him he wants to cuddle all day and I've literally stayed home all day and night with him for four days because he itches and makes his sore bleed any time I take my eyes off him. Any suggestions on relieving the itching at all?
2016-09-27_21.13.14.jpg
720 x 720 - 49K
IMAG2822.jpg
3264 x 1836 - 668K
IMAG2823.jpg
1596 x 900 - 195K

Comments

• I wish I would have brought him in sooner but I thought it was something minor until last week when I made the appointment. 
    2016-09-26_00.59.44.jpg
    720 x 720 - 69K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Surely the vet gave you some sort of topical itch relieving cream or spray, (he probably needs prescription strength)... Or you could use this store bought where you are sure it won't get in his eyes... Strong cream is better.

I am not sure whether you gave us on all the details of his age, food, treats, all intake and environment facts previously?, But please tell us everything again so we can see if there are any recommendations for change... (not) surprised the vet didn't make food change suggestions.
    Dermoplast.jpg
    1512 x 2016 - 398K
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • He's 8 months old as of the 20th he doesn't get any human food at all treats are rarely and there nutri vet teeth and breath bones. No environmental changes besides cooling down a little bit for fall. And he's on taste of wild roasted bison and venison. He been on that for about 3 months and some spots started before he was on that food that's why I switched him to taste of the wild. And two teaspoons of pure organic coconut oil. I let him sleep in our bed last night for the first time (he usually sleeps in a crate) because of his itching and it was like sleeping with a newborn baby waking up every hour lol
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    This is a good example of a Bull Terrier that has a weak immune system that can succumb to many ailments that normally wouldn't effect them. Mange mites and flea allergies are a sure sign of a weak immune system.
    My advice would be to try an alternate dog food and definitely get him on a good supplement to boost his immune system. Bump his exercise regime up too which will alleviate any stress or anxiety he may be going through. How often is he left alone or crated during the day or night?

http://bulliesofnc.com/online-store/supplements-vitamins/

Basic Diet.jpg
    427 x 762 - 169K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Poor Chico, my bullie Lia has had huge anxiety and uncomfortable while walking on those neck leach. Ever since I got this soft body adjustable harness she's been so much more happier and relaxed. Chico would love of these hope he feels better. I got mine here with free shipping >> linkocto.xyz/17e80a64 
    10% coupon also is= 10off 
    image.png
    540 x 529 - 732K
    To begin with, I was trying very hard to decide whether that was a more beautiful Bullie than that beautiful carpet... But then I had to get myself to totally SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!  a carpet is a carpet, for heaven's sake!
    What a wonderful Bullie... So glad she loves her vest..They are such sensitive and exquisite creatures, aren't they?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • hehe thank you she loves it also. They certainly are makes me happy knowing how to make her comfortable since they can't talk just yet  ;))
  • Day five of treatment and it's working wonders he looks so much better! And I rarely have him with a neck collar on just when he goes on his 100 foot dog run if I am just letting him out really quick to go potty because he figures out how to slip out of the harness otherwise if I'm out with him he has no collar on and running free in the yard (which is a majority of time) I use the same exact harness except it's blue! :) 
    2016-10-02_11.12.20.jpg
    720 x 720 - 58K
    2016-10-02_11.11.22.jpg
    720 x 720 - 61K
    Poor baby.... so glad you are finding him some relief... it so distressing when they are stressing!!
  • We're making progress everyday! Just waiting for his hair to grow back fully! :)
    161010043231.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 679K
    161010043624.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 589K
  • That is awesome

Very happy to see good results