Skip to content

First Season

Stupid Question Alert! Harley Quinn has come into Season at almost 8 months. I've had more than one person tell me that she won't be growing much more now. My first EBT was also a female but I can't really compare the two as Archy had an abnormal season pattern and was spayed shortly after her first 'proper'season which didn't occur till she was well over a year old.

I thought that typically Bull Terriers would grow 'up' roughly for about a year then 'out' over the second . I certainly don't have problems with Harley being a dainty Bull Terrier but just wondered if those people were talking rot and Harley is likely to swop her svelt ladylike frame to one more reflective of her inner thug?

image.jpeg
2397 x 2777 - 1M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I know if I hunt around here I'd find a better photo of her, but the one you posted now has a 'perspective ' that sure;y shows her head out of proportion with her bod... Post another square on please.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • How about 'bull terrier' specific weight/height percentile charts? Would they provide any indication of estimated growth expectations?
  • edited September 2016
    Sorry Steve, she's definitely in proportion. I just wanted to know whether she'll do much more growing as people keep telling me bitches don't grow much after the first season. But since she's only 8 months old I thought she'll still have some growing still to do . And apologies for the crap photos she's not one for posing .
    image.jpeg
    2448 x 1489 - 635K
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Oh She is definitely in proportion and in great shape.... I wouldn't worry about a thing, she'll just be a little "small", but there are benefits to that too... I wouldn't try and feed her any more than she is hungry for.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Hi,

From my experience, Trica had her first season at 7 months. After that she still growth, I think she reach her actual heigth between 11 and 12 months. The growth rate was much smaller than when she was a puppy but she still grow, and also gained weight. Now, after her second season, (last month, she had 13 months), she didn't grow in height, but she had a lot of appetite and gained weight. I'm attaching some pictures.

The first picture (in the room) was during her first heat cyle, the second one (in the garden) during her second heat cycle; now that I notice her neck and chest grow. After the last picture she gain some weight, i think like 3 kilos. Don't have another picture in a similar pose to compare but have a nice one in her animal print dress pajama.
    7 meses.jpeg
    3264 x 1836 - 493K
    actual2.jpg
    2250 x 1813 - 550K
    20160909_211148.jpg
    2988 x 5312 - 3M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Sorry Steve, she's definitely in proportion. I just wanted to know whether she'll do much more growing as people keep telling me bitches don't grow much after the first season. But since she's only 8 months old I thought she'll still have some growing still to do . And apologies for the crap photos she's not one for posing .

Yes, she's in proportion alright but it wasn't me who asked about it. :)

Bull Terriers normally reach their full height at 12 months old but they continue filling out until they are around 24 months old. With this said, Harley still has plenty of maturing to do and you will surely see a difference a year from now when you go back and look at the photos of her when she was 8 months old.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited October 2016
    Thanks everyone. She's doing the skinny then chunky thing at the moment so it's difficult to gauge what size she'll be when she's an adult lol! Sorry Steve that should have been a reply for Phil. My head's mince these days lol! Many thanks @giovitas Trica is gorgeous, loveing the PJ's