Skip to content

Dots/bumps need help please

Hi guys I've noticed some new brown dots on Bank's face and some bumps on her legs. Do you guys know what it is? She's also shedding more is this normal? Please help
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
image.png
1125 x 2001 - 4M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    These are very mild, even though she is so young and beautiful.  You aught to watch what food and supplements she is on and try and work out what you should eliminate, because there is obviously something in her food or environment that's effecting her and Sherlock Holmes (meaning u) needs to track down what it is and eliminate it forever... (life sentence behind bars is not sufficient... I mean kill it!)
    :)>-
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • @philsergeant I was giving her some treats might be that. I have switch over to blue buffalo treats and I also ordered Nupro gold supplements today to help her immune system.
  • My pup has been having the same issues and I'm going to try different food brands since the one I used decided to change the formula  X(  

As for supplements, I haven't looked into any, do you think the Nupro will stop the rash like symptoms? 
  • @parisvee I just started her in Nupro last night. I've read it's good for alligies. I'm starting her slow with just a pinch on her food serving if I see any results I will let you know.
  • @parisvee I currently feed her blue buffalo wilderness since I've seen good things about it for EBT.
  • edited August 2016
    Just to make sure, because it sounds like you are hoping for some kind of "healing effect" from the supplements:
    Supplements are NOT medication and will NOT actively heal any skin problems.

Skin issues resulting from bug bites or allergies in general are ONLY treatable by preventing the triggers (bugs, allergens).
    Any medication that can be given for these conditions can only treat SYMPTOMS.
    For example, Steroids are applied to aid in the healing process.
    Antibiotics are applied to fight secondary infections and inflammation of the skin - caused by microorganisms introduced into the skin through tiny scratches and traumas from excessive licking, biting and scratching of the dog.
    Other itch medications (e.g. Benadryl) only provide short term relieve from the itch - if at all.

NONE of these medications, and also NOT the supplement, are addressing the actual underlying problem.
    Once you skip the medication without detecting and removing the trigger, the problem returns.
    Antibiotics and steroids as a special part in this game DO provide - at least temporary - relief, even if the trigger remains for the time they are applied. But this relief comes at a price, because those medications are very harsh on the body and especially the guts, often leaving the individual with a weakened immune system after a round of treatment, making it prone again to infection and problems. This causes a vicious cycle of on-off antibiotics. Probably needless to say that this is something better avoided.

Supplements can not directly "overrule" triggers.
    BUT that does not mean by far that they would be useless - not at all!
    IF antibiotics are unavoidable, at least a body strong from supplements and balanced nutrition will also be able to deal much better with the side effects of the medication.

To understand the true value of supplements, it’s important to understand what they do.

The immune system is our body’s fortress. In general a weak immune system is prone to escalations of any health issue that crosses it’s way. While a strong immune system may still encounter the same threats, it will be MUCH more capable of dealing with them on its own, so the situation takes a lot longer to escalate - leaving us more time to react - OR the immune system is so strong that to a certain point it does not need any additional help by medication.

The immune system - our fortress - is where the supplements for body and guts come in.
    They help to strengthen the immune response and the gut flora, so microorganisms and infection can be fought off much better from the start.
    THAT is the reason, why it does not only make sense to feed a balanced nutrition - because balanced nutrients basically have the same effects.
    If suspected that the body could need even more help by certain vitamins and minerals the general nutrition may be lacking a bit, then adding a supplement on a frequent basis is also advisable to strengthen the body’s immune defense.

Many Bull Terriers these days seem to come with an impaired immune system by birth.
    I don’t know why, if that is a general effect of breeding or of our civilization.

But what I do know is that in general frequently feeding a supplement helps MANY Bull Terriers to deal better with skin issues.

So they ARE indeed very valuable in your Bull Terrier's nutrition and in a way they also aid healing processes, just not as directly as special medications.
    However, like I said before: They can only be PART of the strategy, if allergies play the decisive role, for example.