Skip to content

New to forum

What up guys new to the forum. First time owner of any dog and bull terrier. I rescued the puppy from Mexico breeder didn't want to have the puppies anymore therefore I got Banks at 5 weeks. Can you guys please give me any advice and tips on raising a healthy puppy. I'm currently feeding Banks Blue Buffalo Wilderness. My only concern at this point is she constantly bites. Today Banks is 8 weeks old. Let me know what you guys think.
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited July 2016
    Welcome! Man is he beautiful... Those ears are stunning!! Send him over here, he can bite me all day!  He looks awfully confident for a puppy taken away from his litter at 5 weeks. Could be one of the reasons he is biting you a lot instead of horsing around with his siblings. Attached is a photo of our Isabella when she was still tearing into her litter. But they all bite, you have to teach him not to by holding his mouth closed (watch blocking his nostrils) and pinning him if need be, with a big NO! Time and time again until he learns. If you can find other playful dogs that are not old and grumpy, that will help... Please keep posting!
    P.S.  Just take care that you don't push those needle teeth through his tongue... I've done that and crapped on myself for 3 days over it.
    Isabella1.png
    688 x 473 - 677K
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks @philsergeant I will attempt that method. Banks is a female taking her to play with other dogs I have thought about but I'm worried doing so since she only has her first vaccination. Is it safe to take her to play indoors with other dogs?
  • Hi. Banks is beautiful. I am glad you rescued her. She melted my heart instantly. I would be concerned as well.