Skip to content

Suddenly scared

My Arella is now 7 yrs old. She is neutered. Over the last few weeks she seems scared of everything. Trembling in the corner. Wanting to hide under the bed or the back of the closet. She spends the majority of the time in the house. It's summer and she doesn't do well with the heat. So I don't think anyone has messed with her in the yard ( live on 3 acres, it would be difficult). I had a Belgian Malinois and when he turned around the same age started to act the same. Any ideas? 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Something had to have caused the sudden change in her character. At 7 years old I can't see her suddenly developing a phobia without a good reason for it. Common questions would be:
    • Do you know if she's in any form of pain?
    • Was she left in the care with someone else lately?
    • Has she ever been effected by loud noises like thunder?
    • Any changes in her lifestyle?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Sbe did have a bout of pancreatitis a few months ago. So her diet has changed dramatically. That's the only thing that has changed. She's never shown in the past any timidness with loud noises. She has never been in the care of anyone else.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I highly encourage you to take her to the Vet for a thorough health evaluation. There's something causing her stress and discomfort. It could be a problem with her eyes or ears too.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I can't say that I have any experience with anything like this, but I must just express that I sympathize with your dilemma... I can't bear to see any bullie in just any form of distress... Totally wigs me out... Good luck
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.