Skip to content

Introducing Nana.

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce my rescue nana, she's a miniature from California. She's 5yrs. I just got her 5 days ago. We hit it off right away! I love her to bits already. I was told she was dog aggressive so I've been taking her out on walks with a muzzle (just incase) she is the first bull terrier I've had & if anybody has any useful tips or information I can use for socializing an older dog that would be awesome! Reading through has already given me some good insight. Thank you
image.jpeg
640 x 640 - 108K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    She's beautiful. Welcome and congratulations on a great find.  She has a face that demonstrates a good soul and, if she is aggressive, it's just because she's misunderstood. When she is loved and socialized with dogs long and frequently she will show her loving inside. I promise.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited July 2016
    Well congrats on the new addition to your family. My hat is off to you for adopting her.
    At 5 years old she may be pretty set in her ways. She very well may be dominant with other dogs and won't tolerate any form of aggression behavior from other dogs. It isn't very often that I see a Bull Terrier deliberately seek out another dog for the purpose of engaging in a fight.
    If she's the only dog in your house you shouldn't have any worries. In the event she can't be trusted with other dogs than it's best to have her on a leash while out in public. She doesn't necessarily need to learn to play wonderfully with other dogs off leash unless you have a need to allow her to roam freely. At her age right now you may find it very difficult to retrain her temperament and natural dominance that is well set in as a mature adult Bull Terrier.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • She's doing really well, thank you guys! I have no other dogs in the house, we are Making progress every time I bring her around other dogs. I actually haven't seen any aggression unless another dog has been the aggressor first. She's a lover 100% I adore her already. She's my baby