Skip to content

Little guy crying

Hello, my little guy cries a lot and I was wondering, does it ever stop? Lol he is 8 weeks old. Is there anything I could do to help the situation?

Comments

• In which situations and times of the day does he "cry"? Do you have any examples?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    If your puppy is 8 weeks old I'm going to assume you just got him within the last couple days. It is not rare at all for a puppy that has just been removed from an environment they were familiar with to cry because they feel sad, strange, or confused without the company of their siblings which the puppy is used to being around and sleeping with.

In the event you received your puppy prior to him turning 8 weeks old you can be sure he is depressed and sad because he was taken away prematurely from the litter and may not have been well socialized with people, provided a lot of attention, has the strength and confidence it should, and had the chance to learn to become independent without the company of his siblings.

I'm seeing more and more breeders allowing their puppies to go to new homes at 6 and 7 weeks old. This is NOT the appropriate time to rehome a puppy and they take a big risk by doing so because it's natural for a puppy that young and fragile to quickly get stressed, anxious, and depressed in a new environment without the comfort of its siblings. Puppies this young can lose their appetite due to the depression and their health can become critical.

However, I'm in high hopes that you Just received your puppy when he turned 8 weeks old and within the last day or two of receiving him you have noticed him crying a little when he is alone. This is only because he isn't used to being alone and misses the company of his siblings. Just give him plenty of attention and some time to mature and get used to his new environment.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Crickets
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited July 2016
    I think I remember this being the puppy that came into the household at only six weeks of age.
    Guess it's having a hard time to adjust. But without any further communication from the thread opener so far it's hard to tell.
  • He is good now. Guess he just needed some time. Little guy is all playful and tail wagging like crazy
  • That's good news!  :)>-