Skip to content

How can I get my Pup to Relax?

My pup(12weeks) just got fixed and won't relax! I'm scared that she won't heal properly since she's running and jumping like she didn't get cut open 5 days ago :| She's showing no signs of pain and the stitches are still intact but they look a bit rough. We put her in the kennel to force her to rest but I think it makes things worse she shoots out the cage with so much pent up energy. Is there any technique you guys use to relax your bullies? I really don't want to put her in the cage excessively for the next 5 remaining days of healing. Thanks! 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    12 weeks old?!  Wow, that's early to have her spayed. I'm shocked your Vet would even conduct the surgery. I'm not sure I'd even wish to have a puppy that young under anesthesia let alone have her sex organs removed via surgery.

Not much that can be done now since the surgery has been completed. I'm not sure it's possible to keep a 12 week old puppy from running around with excitement to play, play, play. You may have to keep her crated for longer periods of time so she has more time to heal but she's going to run around during every opportunity she gets so you're just going to have to keep an eye on her stitches.

Here's a very good video I wish you had watched and discussed with your Vet prior to your decision to have her spayed at such a early age:

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • WOW I asked the vet about a good age to spay my pup and they told me it was based on weight and they even offered to do it earlier than 12 weeks but that seemed way too young. Thank you for the advice and I've been trying to cuddle with her on the couch more since that seem to relax her and I prefer that over the crate for long periods of time.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Money, money, money...... it ain't funny... In a rich man's world.... They should take him outside and shoot him.... after they've finished shooting all the abortion doctors... I am not even going to ask if he has no shame ... it's apparent.  I am sorry you had to go through having someone mutilate a baby for money.  I hope she comes through okay. Be strong.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • All is well! Took her to a different vet for a follow up appointment and he said she's healed up beautifully and is free to jump and play now w/o any restrictions. 
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    2448 x 2448 - 2M
  • Cute! I've always wondered about those little pockets on the bottom of their ears, I've never noticed them on other dogs? Or maybe I just haven't looked!
  • I never really paid attention to them haha but that might explain why it's been a battle to keep those ears up. They stood for about two weeks and flopped ):