Skip to content

Bull terrier weight Q&A

My boy weighs 16 pounds at 3 months and I feel as if that is smaller than the standard. What was the weight of everyones pups around this growth stage?? What should I expect Bronte to weigh? 
He has gained 6 pounds in 3 weeks and does have good muscle definition but he is small right?

Would love to see pics of everyones buddies as well!!

Comments

• jcfreejcfree Alabama
    Mine weighed 17-18 pounds at 3 months (when brought in for his 12 week shots), now at 4 months (when brought in for his 16 week shots) he weighs 25 pounds. The picture I added is from about a week ago when he turned 4 months old. The weight seems appropriate to me considering Brutus weighed 17.6 pounds at 3 months.
    IMG_4570.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
  • Hey that pup looks like he has it made!! Good pic and thanks for the info :) 

What do you feed Brutus? If ya dont mind me asking!
  • jcfreejcfree Alabama
    Brutus definitely has it made, although it often seems like he doesn't have a clue that he does  ;)
    Brutus is fed Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison. He seems to be packing on weight pretty fast being fed 3 cups a day, so 1 1/2 cups once in the morning and once at night. 
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Great photo!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Hey guys I've had Bronte on raw food diet for ten days now and he is already up to 20 pounds!! Glad he is growing up quick 
  • edited July 2016
    Our Harley is six months this week, she's still rather leggy and weighs in at 25 pounds. She's on Orjen kibble and Little wolf canned as well as some raw every now and again. I'll be slowly converting to raw once the current food supply starts to get low and considering Nature's Menu for convenience's sake. Is her weight in the OK range for her age or shall I start moving her over to raw sooner?
  • I'm no expert on any of this and I'm new to bull terriers in general so I will just speak of my experience on raw food so far.
    Bronte has loved it and he switched over without any problem, by day 3 he was already turning his nose up to kibble so the transition was quick!! He loves meal time now and devours the food...it's only been about 2 weeks but his energy level is already better A LOT better 
    :D
    Right now I'm riding high on raw cause I'm new to it but I would go ahead and switch your pup to raw and she may put some weight on at a faster clip. Thanks for joining the conversation 
  • Arrow has been on RAW from day one i got him, he is 5 months old on the 14th and not stopped growing he is 31llbs when i weighed him today.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Nothing wrong with providing your Bull Terriers with a Raw Diet only PROVIDED you have done enough research to fully understand the importance of a well "Balanced" diet. In order for a raw diet to be effective it is imperative that all spectrum of nutritional value are met. Many people who feed raw diet only to their pets are completely unaware of the essential vitamins and minerals their dog need in order to maintain a full balanced meal on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. There's a lot more involved than throwing some raw meats in a plate and watching the dog gobble it up and gain weight from it.
    Many people do not have the availability to obtain all the necessary ingredients to feed raw daily that would cover all areas of proper nutrition. This is mainly why people often prefer a top rated 5 star grain free kibble which was designed to ensure ALL areas of nutritional diet was met.
    I have many Bull Terriers and done wonderfully with the nutritional plan I utilize which includes a 5 star grain free food as their foundation. I use raw meats, veggies, eggs, fish, etc as a supplement not as the main source of meal.
    Sadly many specialty clinics mandate quarantine for dogs that are fed Raw Meat diets. Our Vets office (NC State Vet School #2 in the Nation) does not recommend Raw Food diets and they too will quarantine any dog that is on one which causes much higher costs for care and treatment is warranted.
    There are always Pros and Cons to the choices we all decide on when it comes to the nutritional regiment we provide our EBT's whether it be kibble or raw diet.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hey bullies! Everything g you said was spot on...I was terrified to feed raw for over a year but kept hearing great things about it so I researched it extensively and there was a TON I was not aware of.
    I keep a good balance and try to be meticulous about everything in the diet and do supplement the food as well.
    I use a recipe that yall recommended found on bullterrierfun.com and the dogs love it.

Also I keep a bowl of timberwolf organics kibble available if the dogs decide they wanna a little something g extra as well....it mostly goes untouched but they do enjoy it occasionally.

Again I just wanna say I love this site and thanks for starting this place for all us crazy EBT lovers
  • This was the supplier I was thinking of using

https://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/

Could someone with know how let me know their thoughts?
  • The ingredients seem very balanced and overall looks like a good product...one recipe was very similar to the one that was recommended on this site and is found on bullterrierfun.com.

I use that recipe and the dogs enjoy it, I add some other supplements and feed other raw meaty bones as well, but like bullies said just do your own research and decide what you think is best for your pups:) 
    Of course it isn't all about weight gain it's about the overall health of the dog....my dog came from an unhealthy liter and his weight gain was an added bonus to feeding raw.
    I hope this helps and here are some websites I found pretty helpful in my research.

Rawmeatybones.com
    Mypetcarnivore.com (this is a food supplier but they have lots of good articles as well)
    Rawfeddogs.com
    Dogsnaturally.com
  • bladerunner1955bladerunner1955 Huington Beach CA

Thanks to everyone for being concerned about your bully's. I too have tons of questions each time I get a puppy. I just got my Nancy 4 weeks ago and she will be 4 months at the end of
    sept. Nancy is my 5th bully.I feed her Fromm dry with a touch of ground beef sprinkled on top. She weighs 25 pounds now. Don't you just love these bully's?
    20190821_142920_Burst01.jpg
    3120 x 4160 - 2M
  • uptheirons726uptheirons726 Philadelphia PA
    We have a 7 year old who is 65 pounds. She's our little chunk. We just got a 5 month old girl who is 42 pounds. Lol. She is going to be HUGE. Looking at her you'd think she's maybe 30 pounds but she's very dense.
  • My Mackenzie looks like your Nancy :) only she's a mini 45lbs
    Mackenzie.jpg
    720 x 960 - 92K
  • My dogs don't like Naturediet at all to be honest apart from the tripe they are really finely minced okay when starting off a pup on raw but not chunckier enough for my dogs