Skip to content

BoJack introduction

Hey peeps this is BoJack he's 7 weeks old!
Just wanted to introduce myself and my bully
Thanks
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Welcome to the forum.

Yet again another pup separated from the litter under 8 weeks of age.
    What happened????

Where the **** are all those super young dogs coming from? This is not right! No offense intended, it's probably not your fault. But the breeder should not have given the pup away so early.

First-time dog-owners, PLEASE, don't take pups under 8 weeks of age home!!! They need that phase with their moms and siblings.
    And don't buy pups from breeders, who are offering you to take their dogs home under 8 weeks of age in general!!!
    If a breeder is willing to give you the dog that early, there's likely only ONE reason for it: Saving money to generate the highest profits possible out of a litter. Getting the "eater" out as quickly as possible. Not only the age, but the entire breeding ethics are questionable in such breeders.
    It's exactly that money-oriented attitude that compromises the breed standard and leads to more genetically predisposed conditions within the breed. Because breeders, who don't care about the age, also usually don't care about health testing and mating the right sire and dam either.

In every single case, for owners this can result in years of piling vet bills, because the dogs may have predispositions that even the best nutrition and care cannot completely control.
    This breed has its problems already. We don't need breeders only looking for some quick money and low-cost breeding, while at the same time making things worse for everyone with this, especially the dogs.

Still a wonderful looking little guy! Take good care of him!
    Please don't take my words personal.
    It's just another case of "way too young" I am reading about this week and I am really shocked. I just had to say it out loud this time.
  • Djammy your totally right should have waited, it was from someone who's bullies had pups and wanted to get rid of them asap, he'll be 8 weeks old in a couple of days. Felt iffy but decided to take him with me so I'll do my best to take care of the little fellow

Hope to pick the brains of the memebers here for some knowledge
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Welcome Jay.... Yes please post more and try and get him some regular playmates and keep him socializing with other dogs.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Great pup!! There are risks for sure when you get a pup that early but with some extra work and attention to behavior you should be fine  :)>-
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Welcome to the Forum !

Bojack is a cool name. Get him on some good food and start him on a supplement to boost his immune system. It will do him a lot of good. Yes, he left the litter early and I'm seeing more and more breeders doing this lately for reasons unknown.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com