Skip to content

SUMMERTIME - DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOG IN THE CAR!

edited June 2016 in General
It's summertime again. Best time of the year for most people. In order to also make it a good time for our dogs, again I want to remind people to NEVER LEAVE DOGS IN THE CAR during summer!

If you want to raise awareness: Also this year again I am holding files of my "awareness poster" ready for FREE! If you want to print my poster "PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SUFFER" and put it out to raise people's awareness of the problems hot surfaces and environments can cause to dogs during summer, just contact me to get your free file.

Comments

• Brilliant poster djammy! What are the laws in the USA regarding dogs in cars and breaking in ? Here in the UK we can break a car window if we believe the owner would value their dog or baby more than the damage being done to the vehicle if there is a baby or dog in a critical condition but you have to ring the police first and tell them that you believe the animal or child will die without immediate action and take evidence such as a video and witness numbers . Section 5 2 a of the criminal damage act . It's important to know as not many people actually realise you can do this BUT you may have to justify your actions in court if there is either a case for criminal damage or cruelty . This video is an all too realistic reminder ( child not dog in video ) 

* Graphic content warning! this video is distressing but highlights the risks of leaving children and animals in cars . Viewer discretion advised  * 
  • edited June 2016
    As I understand there's no uniform law in the U.S regarding this issue. The states regulate that independently.

And it looks as if Florida could soon become one of them, at least regarding the issues of breaking into a hot car to rescue an animal. I am not sure, if that law has been passed yet.

For now it looks like people leaving pets in hot cars are just threatened by a fine (approx. $250).

I am sure it is a different situation with children.
    Videos like the one you've posted are graphic indeed. But people need to see those things, because too many are just not aware of the danger or even don't care.
    Although we live in an area here where everybody KNOWS that heat IS present pretty continuously throughout the year ... even here there are fatalities of children left in hot cars every year!

Everyone in his right mind would think that especially here in Florida, where you feel the merciless heat right away every time you enter your car, people should know better.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2016
    Sorry people, here in America we are far too preoccupied with passing laws that allow men that "feel like they should have been women" the freedom to use the female toilets, change room facilities and showers, than we are in protecting the children and dogs from the abuse from similar morons to those who would pass such "pervert" laws. Meanwhile, I break the law every week when I take my dogs into stores and restaurants where ( laws determine) they are "not permitted", because I am not prepared to leave them in the car. As far as I am concerned they can take a long walk off a short plank.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Sorry I take an interest in other countries cultures and laws ( it's always good to know the laws of countries you may visit one day) we hardly get any real warm weather but the slightest bit of sun is shocking to us brits :)) lol! since it was once on the news a few years ago of two police dogs trapped in a police van everyone has been very vocal and memes get passed round etc about breaking windows to save animals and children . They had to make the law known as everyone loves to be a vigilante/super hero . It makes the prime spot in the news here if a dog or child is left in a car which of course is brilliant as it makes it very well known not to do that 

Not alot seems to happen in the UK other than cursing whichever prime minister is PM at the time  your politics seem to be very much like a soap opera both Clinton and trump seem like cartoon characters with very bad dress sense to me but that's as far as I know